PDA

View Full Version : Lesbian Couple Who Abused Boys Gets 30 Years

Nordhammer
Thursday, January 15th, 2004, 06:03 AM
By Associated Press

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-abuse-complaint,0,2457586.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

January 13, 2004, 5:31 PM EST

AKRON, Ohio -- Two women who admitted beating five boys, locking them in a closet and forcing them to eat animal feces were each sentenced to 30 years in prison Tuesday.

The eldest of the boys told his mother, Mary Rowles, 31, and her partner, Alice Jenkins, 28, that he hated them for what they had forced him to endure.

"I never want to see either of you again," the 15-year-old boy said. "If you ever get out of prison, don't come near me."

The women pleaded guilty in October to kidnapping, child endangering, felonious assault and other charges involving the children, now ages 7 to 15. Their possible sentences ranged from 15 to 100 years in prison.

Rowles' five sons said they were locked in dark closets, deprived of food, forced to eat feces, and mentally and physically abused for a year or more. The women were arrested after three of the children were found malnourished and wandering city streets April 28.

The 15-year-old said in court that he hates holidays and his birthday because they bring back bad memories.

"All I can remember is Alice hitting me in the face with a shoe and saying, 'This is for good will,'" he said, recalling one birthday.

A judge last week refused to allow the women to withdraw their guilty pleas, and their lawyers would not allow the two to comment on Tuesday's sentencing, citing a pending appeal of that decision.