PDA

View Full Version : The Church of England's first black Archbishop

ChrisDownUnder
Saturday, June 18th, 2005, 05:11 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4104096.stm

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Christopher1488/Web%20Photos/nigger_archbishop.jpg

The Archbishop with 'street cred'

John Sentamu, the new archbishop of York, is a mould-breaker in more ways than one. Not only is he the Church of England's first black primate; he is also seen as possessing street cred.

He is a trusted adviser to the government on race and the inner cities, yet does not shrink from criticising it. And he speaks the sort of language most of us use, without taking refuge in ecclesiastical gobbledygook.

Dr Sentamu worked on inquiries into the 1993 racist killing of Stephen Lawrence and the stabbing in 2000 of the Nigerian schoolboy Damilola Taylor.

He has said the Church of England contains institutional racism, as a room full of smokers contains smoke.

Former judge

He knows plenty about racism. He's been on the receiving end of it often enough. During his six years as bishop of Stepney in east London he was stopped and searched eight times by the police.

What upset him most was the sudden change in the officers' behaviour when they realised his identity. He said: "When they discovered who I was, the way I was then treated was very different. They should treat everybody with respect, with dignity."

Another time, he recalls, four young white men spat at him and said: "Nigger, go back." He replied: "You have wasted your saliva."

Profile: Rt Rev John Sentamu (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4102960.stm)

England's first black Primate :scratch:? Funny, there are many thousands of primates already living in England! :negroid: :negro000:

Nordhammer
Saturday, June 18th, 2005, 07:35 AM
They can't run their own countries, so let's give them authority over us in our countries... yeah, that makes sense.

Loki
Saturday, June 18th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Make him Archbishop of Canterbury. And let him repeatedly lash out against "racism". He will be an excellent promoter of future BNP votes, I am sure. This "primate" (accurate designation :rotfl: ) is sure to receive more abuse than ever from the disenfranchised English public. I hope he has the stomach for it.

Also, it is good in a way ... it exposes the Church of England for what it is. The COE is certainly not a religious institution anymore. It is a lair for anti-racist campaigners - and most of them are liberal, homosexual white men. Add this negro and they really become despicable enough - distancing themselves from the English nation. The English can do without the COE! ... and without Christianity!

Pluto
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Also, it is good in a way ... it exposes the Church of England for what it is. The COE is certainly not a religious institution anymore. It is a lair for anti-racist campaigners - and most of them are liberal, homosexual white men. Add this negro and they really become despicable enough - distancing themselves from the English nation. The English can do without the COE! ... and without Christianity!

I agree - although the COE, along with any other Protestant or Protestant-derived 'cult' have never been Traditional in the slightest, the Reformation was a subversive reaction against the Romanity and Traditionalism of the Catholic Church and back to the Jewish roots of Christianity - it abolished heirarchy, dogma, gnostic-mysticism and so on and so many centuries later it is sadly no surprise that a Black has been made Archbishop.

Constantinus
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I agree - although the COE, along with any other Protestant or Protestant-derived 'cult' have never been Traditional in the slightest, the Reformation was a subversive reaction against the Romanity and Traditionalism of the Catholic Church and back to the Jewish roots of Christianity - it abolished heirarchy, dogma, gnostic-mysticism and so on and so many centuries later it is sadly no surprise that a Black has been made Archbishop.

An excellent post.