PDA

View Full Version : "You Can't Escape Political Correctness. Even in Death"

Vanir
Friday, June 17th, 2005, 05:54 PM
"You can't escape political correctness. Even in Death"
Again, ignore the christian element to the story. It is more the principle of this that is insane.

Religion has no place in crematorium, says council
By Simon de Bruxelles
June 09, 2005
A COUNCIL-RUN crematorium has been criticised by clergymen and funeral directors for removing a wooden cross from its chapel for fear of offending non-Christians.

Torbay Council in Devon is accused of taking political correctness too far by removing the 5ft-tall gilt cross from the wall of the old chapel in the municipal crematorium.

It also anounced that the chapel would in future be known as the ceremony hall.

One chaplain has refused to conduct services in the hall until the wooden cross is returned. Peter Haywood, of the Seamen’s Christian Friends Society, said: “When I saw what had been done I refused to conduct a service until a wooden cross was back in the chapel. They laid the cross down on the floor under the catafalque, where the coffin is placed. I’m afraid I blew my top about this; a lot of people are very upset.”

Crematorium staff subsequently placed an 18-inch wooden cross on a low side table but churchmen say that it is too little, too late. They are demanding that the large cross is restored to its rightful place, along with a curtain that can be drawn during non-Christian services.

Alan Faulkner, Torbay Council’s executive member for Environmental Services, defended the decision to remove the cross. He said: “We live in a diverse, multi-faith society and many people have no specific beliefs at all. The facility at Torquay Crematorium is a ceremony hall, it is not a chapel.”

Mr Faulkner said that crematorium staff had received a number of requests to have the cross removed, even though this posed a danger to staff, who had to climb a ladder to take it down.

He said: “While I am a Christian, I fully support this decision as I recognise we have a duty as a council to cater for everyone. It is not our intention to offend or upset anyone by removing the cross from the wall.”

But the Rev Anthony Macey, the vicar of nearby Cockington, said: “That cross has been in the chapel for nearly 50 years. I am very angry about this. Calling the chapel a ceremony hall is ridiculous. It has been the chapel since the crematorium was built.”

Joanna Hamilton, of the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, based in Wales, said crematoria were becoming increasingly aware that they must not favour any particular faith. She said: “The word ‘chapel’ favours a particular denomination and many crematoria are keen to promote inter-denominational facilities.”

Adrian Sanders, the Liberal Democrat MP for Torbay, asked: “Why don’t they just put the cross back and put a pair of curtains up?” Bill West, a funeral director, also condemned the council’s decision to remove the cross. He said: “Nobody from the council or the crematorium stopped to think. It is a chapel. It was dedicated as a Christian chapel by the bishop at the time.”

Another local funeral director, Kevin Lack, said: “I want the cross back. This has caused untold problems. Consideration to families and their feelings should be paramount.

“Out of the last 70 funerals I have organised at the crematorium only three or four have been non-religious services. Most people expect to see a cross in place.

“We are disappointed that the cross was removed without any discussion with the funeral directors who represent the bereaved families.”

Father Paul Connor, the Roman Catholic priest for Brixham, said: “It would have been wiser and more politic of the council to consult undertakers and the clergy before they did this.

“If the cross offends people they can cover it up. What about the Christians who are offended by its removal?”
Source (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1646643,00.html)

RedJack
Saturday, June 18th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Death to political correctness! Where is the central authority for this pervasive nonsense, anyway?

Pluto
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
If religion has nothing to do with crematoriums or death rites, then we might as well dump all bodies in a pit, or recycle them to use in processed meat - which I'm sure would appeal to the growing animal-primitve strata of our society.

Constantinus
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I notice SURT posts quite a lot of articles which he introduces with 'good article, but ignore the Christian element'. I wonder if this is the case because no pagan writer of any level of development can be found to defend our culture... I can tell you for sure that is what these Christians want to do.

Vanir
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I notice SURT posts quite a lot of articles which he introduces with 'good article, but ignore the Christian element'.
Really Sherlock?

I wonder if this is the case because no pagan writer of any level of development can be found to defend our culture.
Give it time, Jew-on-a-Stick lover.

Get with the program. We are trying to revitalize and ressurect a Northern identity that is unassailable in its legitimacy. Christianity, its simplistic polarized idea of good & evil, and its "God of the Gaps" has run its course, and is dying a natural, long overdue death. That foul semitic meme had over a millenia to wipe away the memory of our indigenous spirituality, yet could not succeed. Testimony to Heathenism's innate vigour and resilience. Perhaps if more people started to celebrate and cultivate Heathenism, rather than attempt to undermine it with mealy-mouthed and oily utterances such as your own, Heathenism might be far further along the road to recovery than what it is. But the upward tangent is clear, and its ascendance, as I said above, is only a function of time now.

But I sense you are baiting me just to entertain yourself as you know I am quick of temper. Is the forum too quiet for you? Why not make some constructive threads instead of behaving like a Half-human for a change.

Constantinus
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I take note of the fact that a moderator calls me a halfhuman for asking a legitimate question about the role of Christianity.

In case you didn't notice, but people who lose their Christian faith do not pick up heathenism, they just believe in nothing anymore. Heathenism isn't growing at all. The jew on a stick isn't getting replaced by people dressing as berserkers, but if you're hoping for that day, please continue. ;)

Vanir
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I take note of the fact that a moderator calls me a halfhuman for asking a legitimate question about the role of Christianity.

In case you didn't notice, but people who lose their Christian faith do not pick up heathenism, they just believe in nothing anymore. Heathenism isn't growing at all. The jew on a stick isn't getting replaced by people dressing as berserkers, but if you're hoping for that day, please continue. ;)

Just the kind of games I referred to. I call you half-human for your frivolous attitude and non-constructive behaviour, yet you instantly attempt to twist this to paint a wronged image of yourself. You called the Hacker a Coward I read for not identifying himself and operating on the sly, yet here you are engaging in a species of precisely the same rotten behaviour, sprouting greasy utterances from a facade of impartiality when you are an acolyte of a Semitic Cult all along.

I wonder if this is the case because no pagan writer of any level of development can be found to defend our culture You coarsely infer a lack of substance within Heathenism not ask a legitimate question regarding Christianity's role.

Why is it that Heathenism can survive the Nihilist Razor of Liberalism when Christianity can not? Heathenism requires no leap of faith, like the God of the Gaps does. Heathenism springs from the Blood and the Folk, and has an irreducible value, greater than the individual, whilst Christianity requires suspension of disbelief.
What difference Christianity or Islam or Judaism (or even a Donkey)? All foreign. All evolved to, and from, a foreign mindset. Perhaps you'd be more at home over at that Catholic Stirpes?

I prioritize, and am here to serve, my Folk, my Blood, my Heritage. Not a Foreign God.

I take note of the fact that a moderator calls me a halfhuman
And I take note that you are playing games with, twisting the words of, and repeatedly attempting to bait a Moderator, whilst also demonstrating a complete absence of value in what might be deemed core values of this forum.

Constantinus
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Just the kind of games I referred to. I call you half-human for your frivolous attitude and non-constructive behaviour, yet you instantly attempt to twist this to paint a wronged image of yourself. You called the Hacker a Coward I read for not identifying himself and operating on the sly, yet here you are engaging in a species of precisely the same rotten behaviour, sprouting greasy utterances from a facade of impartiality when you are an acolyte of a Semitic Cult all along.

You coarsely infer a lack of substance within Heathenism not ask a legitimate question regarding Christianity's role.

Why is it that Heathenism can survive the Nihilist Razor of Liberalism when Christianity can not? Heathenism requires no leap of faith, like the God of the Gaps does. Heathenism springs from the Blood and the Folk, and has an irreducible value, greater than the individual, whilst Christianity requires suspension of disbelief.
What difference Christianity or Islam or Judaism (or even a Donkey)? All foreign. All evolved to, and from, a foreign mindset. Perhaps you'd be more at home over at that Catholic Stirpes?

I prioritize, and am here to serve, my Folk, my Blood, my Heritage. Not a Foreign God.

And I take note that you are playing games with, twisting the words of, and repeatedly attempting to bait a Moderator, whilst also demonstrating a complete absence of value in what might be deemed core values of this forum.

Oh cut the crap. You're equating disagreeing with you with hacking the board now when it comes to the moral substance of both these actions. A pretty pathetic trick showcasing your utter lack of debating skills. I point out that the few people making an effort to preserve the European way of life are Christians, and point to your ever returning attempts to minimalize the Christian input in that effort, and without even addressing this even briefly in your reply you become highly offensive and start flaming. Once again this displays a total lack of debating skills. Perhaps you're not really in place in discussionboards SURT, now that I think of it. You obviously can't stand the heat, it may be a good idea to contemplate leaving the kitchen...

With regards to the core values of this board: when Loki invited me to join he told me the core value here is to debate the biological survival of people on north-European blood. Of course this has been a while ago, long ago before you bothered to join...

With regards to the survival of heathenism cf that of Christianity: I'd be willing to compare the amount of all European heathens with that of let's say the members of Opus Dei, a small particle of the Catholic Church. I'll bet good money your guys will be far outnumbered. Yes, Christianity is waning, but those still believing practice their faith a lot more intense than what was common a generation ago. Also, I repeat myself here when I point you again to the fact that heathenism isn't really profiting from the waning of Christianity. Those who leave the Church usually believe in nothing anymore. That is the main problem in Europe imo: people without any beliefs.

Finally, with regards to STIRPES: I used to post there, until I ran into something called mynnyd, perhaps you've heard of it?

Agrippa
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Great Britain is just insane. I might highly dislike other forms of Western society and government, but Great Britain beats them all. Asocial, hypocritical and the preacher of political correctness. In no other European docus and TV spots you see so many Negrids, it just amazing how much they promote mixture and equality - by force.
They are typical Neoliberals with this extreme economic Liberalism, asocial policy and hyperindividualism and at the same time pseudoreligious, sentimental, moralising with their view on the individual and groups. A nightmare. No wonder so many people from the lower class just going mad and getting destructive, both English and foreigners...

Constantinus
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Great Britain is just insane. I might highly dislike other forms of Western society and government, but Great Britain beats them all. Asocial, hypocritical and the preacher of political correctness. In no other European docus and TV spots you see so many Negrids, it just amazing how much they promote mixture and equality - by force.
They are typical Neoliberals with this extreme economic Liberalism, asocial policy and hyperindividualism and at the same time pseudoreligious, sentimental, moralising with their view on the individual and groups. A nightmare. No wonder so many people from the lower class just going mad and getting destructive, both English and foreigners...

England takes European decay to scary heights yes. Whatever is bad in Europe is worse in england. That nation is already dead and doesn't even know it.

RedJack
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
There'll ALWAYS be an England! :kaioken1:

Finally, with regards to STIRPES: I used to post there, until I ran into something called mynnyd, perhaps you've heard of it?

Mynydd the Asshole? Yes, I've heard of it.

Vanir
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 10:17 PM
You're equating disagreeing with you with hacking the board now when it comes to the moral substance of both these actions.

It is nothing to do with disagreeing with me, why do you continue to twist my words and belligerently misunderstand? YOU offer your opinion on this WITHOUT standing forth to identify yourself as a Christian which comes across as insincerely trying to offer your opinion as an impartial one. I did not make you do that, you did it on your own. And having seen what I have of you, I merely question whether or not it was intentional. But it is beside the point...

and without even addressing this even briefly in your reply you become highly offensive and start flaming. Once again this displays a total lack of debating skills.

You I call a Halfman as your kind antagonize me, everything is as a joke to you.
You've been warned over it more than once I read by others before me, and yet make seemingly no effort to improve yourself, and endlessly post frivolous or antagonistic rubbish, from your home near the "reply button", as you have no ideas or thoughts of your own. Indeed, very much like a half-human.

Perhaps you're not really in place in discussionboards SURT, now that I think of it. You obviously
I ALLOW myself to feel passion on these issues, and actively cultivate my moral courage. Half the problem with Northern Europe is the complete emasculation of male identity. People are going to need to grow spines if they want to succesfully preserve their heritage and blood. There is a real world beyond these forums, in which a strong sense of right and wrong, which stems from a strong sense of identity, is a powerful weapon to have. We wouldn't even be in the situation we are if people had the power to say "NO"
But why expect someone who just posts endless rubbish and seems to believe in nothing to understand.

With regards to the core values of this board: when Loki invited me to join he told me the core value here is to debate the biological survival of people on north-European blood.

Beside the fact you don't even engage in discussing that on even a surface level...
Again, a complete loss of identity and values has led to this milling multicultural race-mixing. Re-establishing a legitimate, Iron-clad identity, along with the traditional Family and Folk values that go with it, must be a primary step to halting race-mixing. A people with no past can have no future.

I repeat myself here when I point you again to the fact that heathenism isn't really profiting from the waning of Christianity. Those who leave the Church usually believe in nothing anymore.
Because people are not steeped in their own history and heritage. If one had a strong knowledge of who they were and from where they came, strong roots into the past, the trajectory of their future would not be so uncertain. As it stands they have no roots, no past, so when the inevitable allergic rejection of Christianity occurs, they are rudderless and adrift. To celebrate the past is not to sentimentally idolate it, it is to create an anchor to which we can refer to and guide ourselves from.

Vanir
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 10:38 PM

Since when is the sickening liberal leadership representative of the people there?
There are blacks/muslims aplenty in the dense population centres, but, as I have posted news articles highlighting before, British people are tending to move away from these areas to get away from them.
The lower class hooliganism which is becoming out of control recently is precisely a result of the absolute void in values and tradition which would otherwise have formed a strong framework precluding such behaviour, not to mention its exacerbation by the replacement value-system of Nothing.

You think the average culturally educated and racially aware Anglo-Saxon does not lament plight of Northern Europe and deplore Multi-Kultist Liberalism?

newenstad
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 10:43 PM
I think the average culturally educated and racially aware Anglo-Saxon is more interested in England or the "island" than in Northern Europe..

Agrippa
Wednesday, June 29th, 2005, 11:38 PM
You think the average culturally educated and racially aware Anglo-Saxon does not lament plight of Northern Europe and deplore Multi-Kultist Liberalism?

Speaking about the land, its structures, population (including all elements living there) and system, means to judge this land since its so sick and infected other countries, in fact almost the whole world and still spreads the bacillus. But of course, I dont blame every single English, as I dont blame every individual of the FRG/BRD.
The problem is, while seeing that good people still live on this island, that the land as a whole is a disease for Europe. If it might get cured, I dont think it will happen from the inside. But there is always hope and maybe the Anglo-Saxon make it and leave the wrong they have taken much more than 100 years ago...Liberalism = the death of Europe, of all its people, all its races, its culture and heritage - probably even of the hope for all mankind - Liberalism is the sin from the beginning.