PDA

View Full Version : Horror remake number 45,918: "The Hills Have Eyes"

Death and the Sun
Friday, June 17th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Aaron Stanford, Kathleen Quinlan, Ted Levine and Vinessa Shaw are set to star in the Fox Searchlight feature "The Hills Have Eyes" for writer-director Alexandre Aja.

The project is a remake of the 1977 film written and directed by Wes Craven, who will produce the new version with his production partner Marianne Maddalena and Peter Locke. The film is headed for a shoot in Morocco this month.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=10009 62794

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/Images/stories/2005/apr/hills.jpg

nordicdusk
Thursday, March 2nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Im hearing of a remake of The hills have eyes.Why?? is my question.The original had a great feel to it as it was shot so cheap and it added to how disturbing it was just llike last house on the left.We all know its gonna be full of the so called modern young greats of film.This angers me that people cant come up with their own ideas but instead ruin classic cult movies.

Ewergrin
Thursday, March 2nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
Merely because it is a Hollywood trend. The trend will die out one day, and we'll be left in a wake of shitty re-made movies. Hopefully, these botched remakes will only leave us with a hunger for the original legacies.

Praetorianer
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM
I´ve seen a few pictures from the new version and it looks good.I maybe can´t share your anger because I don´t know the old version! :(

anaktas
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I won't watch the remake.
Blasphemy :D

Weg
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I might sound stupid but I've never seen this movie. Visibly it's worth watching the original version. So I'll look after it. :)

freya3
Monday, March 13th, 2006, 11:53 PM
The original was great...worthwhile watching :thumbsup

This one from the previews looks "overdone" as all the new remakes are. Then ontop of it, they add the tone of political-correctness to not offend anyone(in the original, the villians were a bunch of inbred lunatics...now they are people affected by radioactivity?...)Whatever :doh

nordicdusk
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:17 AM
How can they of gone so far off the point with this?

freya3
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:12 AM
PC-controlled media...look at everything that is out there now. Most shows are so saturated w/making sure we aren't upseting anyone, they lose the story :mad:

nordicdusk
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Everything these days is so fake.I started to think when watching new horror movies that i was just getting used to them and i could not be shocked but when i watch the old horor movies i still get a chill now and again.This just gose to prove that modern day horror just dose not pack a punch like it used to.I felt that Land of the dead chose gore over story which i feel there should be an even balance between them.I have mentioned thid a few times before but atleast with the asian horror there is no hollywood ending because most of them end in a realistic way so it has greater impact on you.Horror dose not need a hero it just needs to scare.

Alizon Device
Friday, March 17th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I hear they're making a movie version of 'Dallas'.
Talk about creative emptiness.

freya3
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I hear they're making a movie version of 'Dallas'.
Talk about creative emptiness.

LOL! They'l remake anything for a $...

nordicdusk
Friday, March 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
After been hounded by friends i watched the new Hills Have Eyes and i was right its rubbish.I felt i should maybe watch it so that whan i do complain about it im not totally blind as to why i hate it so much.I know i have gone against my original view but i just needed to know because i felt a bit stupid going on about it and not seeing it.Just want to be honest with everyone who replyed to my thread or just red it.