PDA

View Full Version : Arson highlights Danish tensions

SaveEurope
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 12:26 AM
A group calling itself "Beatte Without Borders" has said it carried out the attack, condemning the government's "racist immigration policy".

The minister and other senior politicians have been assigned guards.

Threat

The attack took place at 0300 local time (0100 GMT). Mrs Hvilshoj, 34, was woken up by a "loud bang". When the rescuers arrived, parts of her house were in flames, too.

"I am shaken and angry," she said.

The group that said it carried out the attack sent a statement to various Danish media, which said: "We cannot watch passively, while the official Denmark carries out its racist immigration policy.

"That's why we are taking action now."

The group is unknown, but police have cordoned off the area around the minister's home in an effort to find clues that could lead to their capture.

[...]

Immigration tension

The attack comes less than two weeks after a shooting in Norrebro, another part of Copenhagen, involving members of the immigrant community. A young man was killed by a nightclub bouncer, while another was wounded.

When a leading Muslim cleric, Abu Laban, suggested the hand-over of "blood money" from one family to another as a way to settle the dispute peacefully, the immigration minister rejected the idea as "medieval".

"Nor do we trade camels in Denmark", was Mrs Hvilshoj's response to the idea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4074044.stm
"Nor do we trade camels in Denmark"
:rotfl:

perkele14
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 12:51 AM

Sounds like a right person is in the office. :D

Vanir
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 07:57 AM
So Multi-Kultists can wage a campaign of terror and violence against any who apeak even slightly against immigration and cultural suicide, and it barely makes the news :kaioken1:

The attack comes less than two weeks after a shooting in Norrebro, another part of Copenhagen, involving members of the immigrant community. A young man was killed by a nightclub bouncer, while another was wounded.
What are the details of this?
I assume it is meant that an immigrant nightclub security staff assaulted and killed a drunk Danish reveller?
This was becoming common is Australia, night-club bouncers seem universally of immigrant extraction, it had reached the news here as the nature and number of assaults was reaching ridiculous levels. These savages for years have been seemingly beyond the law in their actions, attacking and assaulting nearly at will, and further, the number of sexual assaults upon intoxicated girls by such types is a can of worms that everyone knows about, but no media is ever going to touch.:kaioken1:

The Faroe
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
What are the details of this?
I assume it is meant that an immigrant nightclub security staff assaulted and killed a drunk Danish reveller?
This was becoming common is Australia, night-club bouncers seem universally of immigrant extraction, it had reached the news here as the nature and number of assaults was reaching ridiculous levels. These savages for years have been seemingly beyond the law in their actions, attacking and assaulting nearly at will, and further, the number of sexual assaults upon intoxicated girls by such types is a can of worms that everyone knows about, but no media is ever going to touch.:kaioken1:No the killed person was of an Arab immigrant family from Jordan or the West Bank. The corpse has been flown back to be buried. The family consist of five brothers and some sisters. All the brothers are heavily criminalised, don’t know about the sisters – they’re probably married off to some camels. Ironically the killed man was considered the least distasteful of the family – though that speaks something for itself, since he had no problem joining the gang attacking the bouncer with knifes and baseball bats. Likely the gang was out to kill bouncer and he used legitimate self defence. It now turns up that the bouncer has been attempted killed another time by much the same gang of men, where they stabbed an innocent man in the back instead.

The doorman was attacked by a group of six or seven immigrants whom were angry they had been denied access. The same bouncer and nightclub has repeatedly experienced problems with gangs of immigrant youths (always boys – the girls are locked up) – this is a growing problem throughout Copenhagen and Denmark. It used to be that the problems involved knifes only, but in recent years guns have become the stable of such clashes, and thus the bouncer have started arming themselves.

See for instance:

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/fremmedsprog/English/article.jhtml?articleID=256225
http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/fremmedsprog/English/article.jhtml?articleID=256934

Bodewin
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 12:22 PM
A group calling itself "Beatte Without Borders" has said it carried out the attack, condemning the government's "racist immigration policy". That's just really laughable. I can't say I really mind them making such errors as these, though one day they will require a good re-education. ;)

Theudanaz
Sunday, June 12th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Muslimske skikke i dansk ret

(my translation)

Af LARS NØRGAARD PEDERSEN og KRISTOFFER PINHOLT
Juraprofessor finder grundtanken i hele blodpengesystemet sympatisk, fordi det netop lægger vægt på, at der skal skabes mere fred, hvorimod dansk retspraksis lægger vægt på, at det skal være ubehageligt for gerningsmanden.

Law professor finds sympathy for the basic idea of the whole bloodmoney-system, precisely because it emphasizes the fact that more peace should be created, whereas danish court practice emphasizes discomfort for the perpetrator.

Danmark bør overføre flere muslimske skikke og traditioner til dansk retspraksis og lade midler som bortvisning fra områder, inddragelse af imamer og blodpengesystemet blive en del af det danske retssamfund, vurderer sagkyndige.

Denmark should transfer many muslim customs and traditions to danish legal practice and let means like expulsion from certain areas, suspension of imams, and the blood payment system become a part of the danish law society, experts say.

De seneste dage har folketingspolitikere, anført af regeringen og Dansk Folkeparti, fordømt blodpenge og bortvisning som metoder til at løse konflikter. Men to af landets førende strafferetseksperter, professor Vagn Greve og lektor Anette Storgaard, anbefaler, at de alternative muslimske forslag bliver en del af dansk retspraksis.

Parliamentary politicians have recently, lead by the government and Danish people's party, condemned bloodmoney and expulsion as methods for solving conflicts. But two of the country's leading justice experts, prof. Vagn Greve and lector Anette Storgaard, recommend the alternative muslim suggestions become a part of danish law practice.

»Efter min mening er der en række ting i den islamiske måde at gribe en konflikt an på, vi kan lære af. Den muslimske tradition er netop at forsøge at stoppe en konflikt. Det er det danske straffesystem ikke altid egnet til. I vores system udvikler selv små konflikter sig ofte til en straffesag,« siger professor Vagn Greve, Københavns Universitet.

"I think there is a lot of things in the Islamic way for dealing with conflicts that we can learn from. The muslim tradition is precisely the attempt to stop a conflict. The danish justice system has never owned up to that. In our system small conflicts often escalate to penalty cases." says professor Vagn Greve, K.U.

Han er positiv over for at bortdømme folk fra udvalgte områder og tilføjer, at man allerede har »fornuftige domme«, som forbyder gerningsmanden at opsøge det område, som offeret bor i. Han tilføjer, at det også vil være fornuftigt at anvende »centrale personer i familien«.

He agrees with the legal restraining of people from selected areas and adds, that there are already "reasonable punishments" that forbid the perpetrator from the area the victim lives in. He adds that it would also be reasonable to use "central persons in the family".
Blodpenge for fred
På spørgsmålet om han ligefrem anbefaler blodpenge, svarer Vagn Greve:

»Det er klart, at vi ikke vil acceptere trusler om at blive slået ihjel, men hele blodpengesystemet lægger netop vægt på, at der skal skabes mere fred, hvorimod vi lægger vægt på, at det skal være ubehageligt for gerningsmanden. På den måde er hele grundtanken i blodpengesystemet mere sympatisk. De kraftige reaktioner kommer, fordi vi bruger den ulykkelige betegnelse blodpenge. Man kan kalde dem erstatningspenge, og det savner mening, at vi ikke vil betale erstatning for at undgå yderligere drab.«

On the question whether he likewise supports bloodpayment, Vagn Greve answers: "It is clear that we don't want to accept threats about being killed, but the whole blood payment system emphasizes that more peace should be fostered, whereas we emphasize that it should be intolerable for the condemned man. In that way the whole basic idea in the blood payment system is better. The strong responses are due to our use of the unfortunate term "blood payment". One might call it compensation payment, and that misses the idea, that we don't want to pay compensation in order to avoid further killing.
Straffeloven rummelig
Lektor Anette Storgaard, Syddansk Universitet, vurderer, at det vil være en berigelse at bidrage dansk retspraksis med midler, der taler til andre befolkningsgrupper.»Vil vi have et retssystem, som begrænser kriminaliteten, er det en god idé at se på, hvad de pågældende har respekt for. Så længe det er er retten, der fastsætter det, kan man eksempelvis spørge imamerne til råds. Blodpenge lyder usædvanligt. Det skal jeg tygge på. Men bortvisning fra bydele kan vi med fordel anvende. Straffeloven er rummelig, men vi trænger til at ruske op i retspraksis, altså den måde vi bruger loven på,« siger lektoren.

Lector A. S., S. U. thinks that it would be an enrichment to contribute to the danish court practice means that have significance to other ethnic groups. "If we want to have a court system that limits criminality, it's a good idea to look at what the concerned parties have respect for. As long as it is the court that lays down the law, one could for example ask for counsel from imams. Blood payment sounds unusual. I have to think about that. But expulsion from municipal districts we can use advantageously. Penal code has lots of room, but we need to shake up court practice, that is, the way which we use the law.

Imam Abu Laban fra Islamisk Trossamfund har for nylig foreslået både blodpenge og bortvisning som løsning på et indvandreropgør i København.

Imam A. L. from Islamic Faith society has recently suggested both blood payment and expulsion as solutions for immigrant clashes inCopenhagen.
Ministeren afviser
Justitsminister Lene Espersen (K) er ikke enig i eksperternes anbefaling.»Fordi vi får en stigende andel muslimer, skal vi ikke have en gammel testamental indgang til retssystemet med øje for øje og tand for tand. Jeg er enig i, at vi skal i dialog med imamerne, men vores retssystem skal ikke ændres til blodpenge eller fredsaftaler. Vil man bo i Danmark, skal man acceptere vores regler,« siger hun.

Justice minister L. E. (K) is not in agreement with the experts' recommendations. "Just because we're getting an increased number of muslims, are we supposed to have an old testament approach to the court system, with eye for eye and tooth for tooth? I agree that we should be in dialogue with the imams, but our court system should not be changed for blood payment or peace agreements." she says" If you want to live in Denmark, you'll have to accept our rules."

http://www.jp.dk/indland/artikel:aid=3101512/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4074044.stm