PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Government gone MAD!

einsatzkommando
Sunday, September 15th, 2002, 01:00 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/020915/2/f846.html

Victorians will reportedly be banned from washing cars in streets and driveways under tough new environmental laws.

The Sunday Herald Sun said that later this year or early next year the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) would launch a campaign to promote awareness of the waterways pollution caused by run-off from washing cars.

Once the move against car washing in streets and driveways had widespread support, those who continued to do so would face fines of up to $4,000, it said.

The report said the RACV had condemned the plan as outrageous and planned to fight it.

But the EPA wanted car washing restricted to lawns and commercial carwashes.

It said that if each of Victoria's 3.8 million cars was washed once every three months with five buckets of water, more than 600 million litres of polluted water would enter the waterways each year.

Pollutants included soap, mud, grease and oil.

I wash my car almost every weekend. I limit the amount of water consumed by using a bucket and I only use a small amount of detergent.

This government is a friggin joke! A bunch of lefty bum sniffers with a Leb turd for a leader.

einsatzkommando
Sunday, September 15th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Why wash your cars in the first place?

It's a case of self respect and pride. Why wear a clean shirt? Why wear deodorant?

If people wanna live in a overpopulated planet, i be damned if they cant take the consquence.

That's just it isn't it? We have all these muds coming here as "refugees" breeding like rabbits and living off welfare in government housing while white people have to work themselves to death to afford a decent home. The consequence less white children, divorce over financial problems and a shitty world.

MadMax88
Sunday, September 15th, 2002, 11:51 PM
What is next? Getting fined for farting in public? Jeez!

Hellstar
Monday, September 16th, 2002, 02:10 AM
Why wash your cars in the first place?

If people wanna live in a overpopulated planet, i be damned if they cant take the consquence.

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, November 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I am against the hosing down of stupid driveways & concrete...(usually done by people who don't have a garden....I find people who own a house & property and have never planted any trees or garden....extremely moronic & selfish). A car doesn't need to be washed every week, but I have no protest if the 'run-off' is going to water the garden. (My definition of garden is actual trees & plants...not just a lawn :| ). We need trees!...lawn & concrete is useless.

+Suomut+
Friday, November 12th, 2004, 03:34 AM
I am against the hosing down of stupid driveways & concrete...(usually done by people who don't have a garden....I find people who own a house & property and have never planted any trees or garden....extremely moronic & selfish). A car doesn't need to be washed every week, but I have no protest if the 'run-off' is going to water the garden. (My definition of garden is actual trees & plants...not just a lawn :| ). We need trees!...lawn & concrete is useless.Are there water-shortages where you live, sweetheart? I'll tell ya', one thing about trees and vehicles...if one keeps them together one HAS to wash the vehicles on a very regular basis, otherwise, debris from trees can, over time, RUIN! the exterior of cars and trucks...I know this VERY WELL from first-hand experience! :~( Any American Southerner who has ever owned a vehicle and parked them around Southern pinetrees knows PRECISELY what I'm talking about!!! LOL ;-) :) Washing one's vehicles helps to preserve one's investment too, of course. ;)

AngryPotato
Friday, November 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM
We have to wash our cars quite often here in Yankeeland because of the intense amounts of salts used to keep the roads de-iced during the winter months and the generally salty air anyhow. Damn the easily rusted vehicles!

I bought a cover for my car to protect it under the huge tree outside of my door.

Mistress Klaus
Friday, November 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Are there water-shortages where you live, sweetheart? I'll tell ya', one thing about trees and vehicles...if one keeps them together one HAS to wash the vehicles on a very regular basis, otherwise, debris from trees can, over time, RUIN! the exterior of cars and trucks...I know this VERY WELL from first-hand experience! :~( Any American Southerner who has ever owned a vehicle and parked them around Southern pinetrees knows PRECISELY what I'm talking about!!! LOL ;-) :) Washing one's vehicles helps to preserve one's investment too, of course. ;)

:) It's kinda weird because Queensland (where I live) is much hotter than NSW and Victoria, yet we haven't been hit with the strict water restriction laws (like the other states I mentioned). Perhaps less population in Qld is the reason?..

I am all for people looking after their assets, being as it is the subject of vehicles. I think bad management & planning from local counsils/government and over-population...just adding to the problems that are arising with the environmental changes..is the reason for these water shortages. :|.

And why the funny weather?...Extremes of everything it seems...Floods, droughts, uncanny storms etc..?...Human's selfish need to exist in an industralist world or is it just a natural course for the planet earth? Scientists have conflicting views.. :| ..

Telperion
Friday, November 12th, 2004, 06:23 PM
And why the funny weather?...Extremes of everything it seems...Floods, droughts, uncanny storms etc..?...Human's selfish need to exist in an industralist world or is it just a natural course for the planet earth? Scientists have conflicting views.. :| ..
Unfortunately our governing institutions are far too corrupt, politicians too short-sighted, and the general-public too self-indulgent for any serious action to be taken to tackle these issues effectively.

+Suomut+
Friday, November 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM
We have to wash our cars quite often here in Yankeeland because of the intense amounts of salts used to keep the roads de-iced during the winter months and the generally salty air anyhow. Damn the easily rusted vehicles!Yeah, indeed, road-salt during the winter months in North America will damn sure tear vehicles up too...that requires constant washings to help deter one's vehicle from rusting up.

:) It's kinda weird because Queensland (where I live) is much hotter than NSW and Victoria, yet we haven't been hit with the strict water restriction laws (like the other states I mentioned). Perhaps less population in Qld is the reason?..Aye, things can vary from place to place, even in close proximity.

I am all for people looking after their assets, being as it is the subject of vehicles. I think bad management & planning from local counsils/government and over-population...just adding to the problems that are arising with the environmental changes..is the reason for these water shortages. :|.Clean, fresh-water availability is becoming a global problem. Here in the Amer. Southeast, the "Florida aquifer," which provides underground fresh water for much of the region, has been significantly drained/used to the point that on the coasts there have been problems with "brackish water (fresh/saltwater mixed)" contaminating wells...sinkholes (at the surface due to ground collapsing in on itself due to water loss)...etc. The causes for all of this vary from overpopulation to fresh-water use/exploitation by big industry. I've heard it said before, in future wars will be fought over fresh-water the world over much like wars today are fought over oil.

And why the funny weather?...Extremes of everything it seems...Floods, droughts, uncanny storms etc..?...Human's selfish need to exist in an industralist world or is it just a natural course for the planet earth? Scientists have conflicting views.. :| ..After all of these hurricanes we've had on the US East coast this past summer (3 of which hit me...and BAD!); it really does make one wonder if things are 'normal' or things have gotten 'worse' globally when it comes to weather conditions over the past few centuries.