PDA

View Full Version : Interracial Crime: Double Standards



anonymaus
Wednesday, June 1st, 2005, 02:32 AM
Thread moved to Racial Tragedy.

-anm

Original: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20050601/ca_pr_on_na/racial_attack


Indo-Canadian teen attacked by five youths; police call it hate crime

RICHMOND, B.C. (CP) - An Indo-Canadian teenager was attacked by five white men outside a school and had his hair hacked off, police said Tuesday.

The police said the attack was a hate crime and are searching for the suspects. The attack occurred May 26 as a 17-year-old boy was walking through the field of an elementary school on his way home.

Police said the suspects, who had been playing basketball, approached the victim and made a racial slur before punching him several times in the head and knocking him to the ground.

One of the suspects removed the victim's turban and cut his hair off with what's believed to be an Exacto knife.

The victim was also robbed of his wallet and other personal papers, said police, who are looking for five white men in their early twenties.


...............



"Black Power!" attack on white teen girls not racist say police

Invoking the name “Martin Luther King” and screaming “Black Power!” a gang of up to 30 black teens attacked four white girls in Marine Park in what police are saying is not a bias crime.

eh?

anonymaus
Wednesday, June 1st, 2005, 08:31 PM
:scratch:

anonymaus
Thursday, June 9th, 2005, 04:39 AM
UPDATE

It would seem this Skraeling has been telling stories.

Original: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20050609/ca_pr_on_na/sikh_assault


Youth in B.C. racist attack hoax won't be charged, RCMP

2 hours, 46 minutes ago

RICHMOND, B.C. (CP) - No charges will be laid against a Sikh teenager who claimed that a group of white men had ripped off his turban and cut off his hair, the RCMP said Wednesday.

The 17-year-old Indo-Canadian told police he was jumped by five Caucasian men in broad daylight on the grounds of an elementary school in this Vancouver suburb on May 26.

The youth later admitted he made up the story, injured himself and cut off his own hair. Sikhs do not cut their hair.

"This incident is not as much about criminality as it is culture, compassion, and the emotions of a young person," the RCMP said in a statement. "This is a time that calls for calm understanding and not a time to be thinking about criminal charges."

Police said the youth has agreed to participate in the restorative justice program, but they did not give details of what that means in his case.

"The RCMP has been working very closely with the Sikh community to do the right thing and we know that the Sikh community and its leadership are also interested in compassion and understanding," the police statement said.

"The RCMP and our partners do not believe it is in the best interest of this young person or society in general to have this incident carry forth through criminal charges."

A similar claim by a youth in Surrey, B.C., several years ago also turned out to be a hoax.

If anyone is within a 30 mile radius of Anders, I want you to duck and cover.. when he sees this he's going to explode in a fit of rage.

I was pretty annoyed myself, at first, but this kind of thing is what will make the dam break eventually--the more the traitors excuse this disgusting behaviour, this kind of purposeful act of scapegoating and hatred towards the founders and majority citizens of this and other nations, the sooner their corrupt structures will fall apart.

Canada deserves whatever it gets. Here's hoping it gets it sooner than later! :beer1:

HIM
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Making false claims causing police to spend man hours looking for an invented attacker when they have better things to do is no ok and he should have been charged. That is absolutely ridiculous! Especially due to the fact that he tried to play the race card for the reason of his fake attack.

Death and the Sun
Friday, June 10th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have any links to statistics / studies about how common faked "hate crimes" are? There seem to have been many of these cases recently -- and probably only the most inept, amateurish hoaxers get caught, because nobody really would dare investigate these claims.

anonymaus
Tuesday, July 5th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Original: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050705/ap_on_re_us/baseball_bat_attack;_ylt=Aro5OxtXhszf2VZ 3E7V_h3hH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlY wM3MTg-

Cliff notes at the bottom.


Sharpton Leads Protest Against Beating

By MICHAEL WEISSENSTEIN, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton led a protest Monday to decry last week's baseball bat attack on a black man. The rally came nearly 19 years after Sharpton visited the same area to protest a deadly racial attack.

Police have arrested a 19-year-old man in the latest incident that left the 22-year-old victim with multiple skull fractures. An alleged accomplice also was arrested. Both men, who are white, have been charged with robbery and assault as a hate crime.

The attack happened just blocks from where three black men were beaten in 1986 by a white mob after the victims' car broke down. One of the men, 23-year-old Michael Griffith, was killed by a car as he fled. A week afterward, a protest march was marred by jeers and insults from the mostly white neighborhood.

On Monday, Sharpton and several dozen other protesters issued a challenge to residents of the Queens neighborhood of Howard Beach to take part in an anti-racism march. Monday's demonstration did not include a march.

"We want Howard Beach residents to march," Sharpton said. "We want to see if the community of Howard Beach will stand up and denounce racism."

Police said Glenn Moore and two other black men were walking in Howard Beach early Wednesday when they were attacked by three men. One of Moore's friends said he intended to steal a car, but Moore was not aware of the plan, officials said.

A lawyer for accused attacker Nicholas Minucci said Moore provoked the violence by holding a screwdriver to Minucci's neck. Police and prosecutors said that account was not credible.

Black guy tries to steal car;
white guys beat black guy up;
white guys go to jail for hate crime.

Did I miss something? :icon1:

anonymaus
Tuesday, July 5th, 2005, 03:25 AM
REPOST for Eldritch:

Original: http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20050623/ca_pr_on_na/irb_harassment


Black refugee board employee who complained of racism facing discipline

COLIN PERKEL Wed Jun 22, 8:29 PM ET

TORONTO (CP) - A black employee of Canada's refugee board who alleged racism in his workplace is being accused of harassing three co-workers by going public with the complaints later deemed to be unfounded.


Selwyn Pieters was scheduled to face a disciplinary hearing Monday for allegedly violating a Treasury Board policy that requires confidentiality around such complaints. Pieters, a lawyer and outspoken anti-racism activist, denounced the planned hearing as "retribution" for daring to tackle what he considers to be a systemic problem within the Immigration and Refugee Board.

"The problems just keep festering," Pieters said in an interview Wednesday.

"The preferred approach is to try to make the victims of racist practices look as though they are the people who are the problem."

The nasty accusations and counter-accusations stem from an incident in April 2003, when a 15-year black employee of the board in Toronto overheard an office conversation among three white colleagues.

The employee, who filed a human-rights complaint of his own, said one of the speakers used the racially derogatory terms "spook" and "Billy Jack" to describe Pieters, a refugee protection officer.

On learning about the conversation, Pieters complained of racial harassment.

He also sued for damages in Federal Court in a case dismissed on jurisdictional grounds.

In turn, the three co-workers complained of harassment because Pieters discussed his complaint with other colleagues and the media.

In a letter this month obtained by The Canadian Press, the board's anti-harassment co-ordinator concluded Pieters' complaints against the three were unfounded.

But Danica Shimbashi also concluded he had harassed them by "disseminating false allegations."

"You have made public statements that were critical of your colleagues and damaging to their reputations," Shimbashi said in her letter.

"You also violated the requirement in the policy that parties to complaints are expected to limit discussion of a complaint to those who need to know."

Shimbashi did not return a call Wednesday, but a spokeswoman for the board in Ottawa said there would be no comment because the matter is internal and personal.

Pieters is asking Federal Court to review Shimbashi's conclusions.

Several visible minority employees have alleged racial harassment and discrimination against the refugee board, with most centred at the Toronto office.

In human-rights complaints and labour grievances, at least four black and other non-white employees said they had been subject to harassment, ghettoized in lower-level positions or denied permanent status.

They also alleged internal attempts to remedy the situation led to reprisals against them.

Pieters, who noted the names of the three co-workers were never published in the media, called discrimination in Canada's public service pervasive.

"This is a continuing pattern of persecution of black employees who dare to stand up to the powers that be in the face of racism," Pieters said.

He also questioned the timing of the disciplinary hearing, which comes three months after the investigation into the harassment complaints wrapped up.

He is scheduled to return to his job on Monday following an unpaid leave of absence in which he qualified as a lawyer.

The Immigration and Refugee Board is Canada's largest quasi-judicial tribunal, deciding on more than 40,000 asylum applications each year.