PDA

View Full Version : Building a new computer

Gustavus Magnus
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I have decided to build my new computer, buying only parts. Now, I have to have a large HD, 400GB or more, but those are so goddamn expensive, so is there a chance that I could buy two 200GB HD's and partition them so they appear to be one HD? That would make things alot easier for me. And I would save 100€.

And, I bought a Nforce4 motherboard by MSI, with the 939 socket and ddr2 ram, and the only difference I have found between 939/ddr2 and other sockets for AMD Athlon 64 and other ram is that the processor and ram are more expensive. Is the 939 socket and ddr2 better, or just more expensive?

Náttfari
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Why don't you just have two HDDs? I've had four HDDs for a year (total 400 GB), no problem for me... :D

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I have decided to build my new computer, buying only parts. Now, I have to have a large HD, 400GB or more, but those are so goddamn expensive, so is there a chance that I could buy two 200GB HD's and partition them so they appear to be one HD? That would make things alot easier for me. And I would save 100€.

And, I bought a Nforce4 motherboard by MSI, with the 939 socket and ddr2 ram, and the only difference I have found between 939/ddr2 and other sockets for AMD Athlon 64 and other ram is that the processor and ram are more expensive. Is the 939 socket and ddr2 better, or just more expensive?

You big nerd! :P If you run into any problems, let me know of this and I wil place you into contact to my mate Espen who wil know of what you should do and where you go to purchase it. He has done what you now do. Such nerds. :D

Gustavus Magnus
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 08:55 PM
You big nerd! :P

Guilty as charged... :D

If you run into any problems, let me know of this and I wil place you into contact to my mate Espen who wil know of what you should do and where you go to purchase it. He has done what you now do. Such nerds. :D

I will. But I'll try for myself first. Even if it in the end costs me more € than there are flies on a negroe. :)

Erlingr Hárbarđarson
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Guilty as charged... :D

I will. But I'll try for myself first. Even if it in the end costs me more € than there are flies on a negroe. :)

:icon_surp I did not know multibillionaires lived in your area of Sverige. :rofl:

Gustavus Magnus
Monday, May 16th, 2005, 09:28 PM
:icon_surp I did not know multibillionaires lived in your area of Sverige. :rofl:

:rotfl: