PDA

View Full Version : Denmark Apologizes for Aiding Nazis

Aeternitas
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen on Wednesday officially apologized on behalf of Denmark for the extradition of innocent people to Nazi Germany during the World War II, calling it "shameful."

"The memory of the shady sides of the occupation period also belongs to the commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the Liberation," Rasmussen said at a ceremony at a war monument in Copenhagen, a day before the May 5 anniversary of his country's liberation by Allied powers.

"This why I want ... on behalf the government and therefore of the Danish state to express my regret and apologies for these acts," he said. "An apology cannot change history. But it can contribute to recognize mistakes made in history and hopefully help future generations to avoid similar mistakes in the future."

Rasmussen said the apology concerned Jews, but also all others who were "handed over to an uncertain fate in Hitler's Germany with the active cooperation of the Danish authorities."

Source (http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1573618,00.html)

newenstad
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Hail Frikorps Danmark!

Arcturus
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 12:08 AM
"I would like to apologize for all the negroes in Africa for not stepping in and telling Hitler to stop being a bad man."

Sheesh.

anonymaus
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Recent research showed that some 20 Jews were expelled from Denmark to their certain death in Germany.

That's what you're apologizing for? This idiot should end his own life and save the Danish people the embarassment.

!@^%!

Theudanaz
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 09:36 AM
It was about 15 Jews. But no matter. As I said elsewhere, Denmark should apologize to Sweden instead for sending the others over there.

At least flowers were laid at the soldiers' graves.

Nordgau
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I just had to think of that hilarious caricature of Greser & Lenz where Joschka Fischer stands on a podium and apologizes to the world's accident victims because of the German invention of the automobile. :D

Erlingr Hßrbar­arson
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Danmark should apologise to many peoples. And j°dene are on the bottom of this list...Noreg at its top.

HIM
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Danmark should apologise to many peoples. And j°dene are on the bottom of this list...Noreg at its top.

What had Denmark done to Norway? Just curious.

anonymaus
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 04:56 PM
What had Denmark done to Norway? Just curious.

They're responsible for christianizing Northeurope, for starters...

Rehnski÷ld
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 09:11 PM

Danskar,Danskar, DANSKDJ─VLAR! :mad: :viking2: They should apologize to Sweden too, for backstabing us on numerous occasions! Like when great king Karl XII fought the barbarians to the east and the danes attacked us deviosly in the back!Colaberating with the slavs against their nordic neighbours are what they've been up to the false sausage-worshipers! ohh, those danes, now I come to remember our past as bitter enemies basicly from the dark ages and on to the 18 century.They have never stoped envying us swedes for our grandiur! They have ever taken every chance they get to pinch us, as they had their police-thugs storm the poor Malm÷ FF-supporters reccently in Copenhagen.

But Sweden has pardoned them, taking half of their land is compensation enough! :beer-smil

HIM
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM

Whoa!!! That's surely grounds enough for an apology! I agree with Erlingr. Denmark most definately owes Norway an apology WAY before any Jew!

Erlingr Hßrbar­arson
Friday, May 6th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Danskar,Danskar, DANSKDJ─VLAR! :mad: :viking2: They should apologize to Sweden too, for backstabing us on numerous occasions! Like when great king Karl XII fought the barbarians to the east and the danes attacked us deviosly in the back!Colaberating with the slavs against their nordic neighbours are what they've been up to the false sausage-worshipers! ohh, those danes, now I come to remember our past as bitter enemies basicly from the dark ages and on to the 18 century.They have never stoped envying us swedes for our grandiur! They have ever taken every chance they get to pinch us, as they had their police-thugs storm the poor Malm÷ FF-supporters reccently in Copenhagen. :icon_arro I know, I know, I know! Do not remind to me all of this. I can not tell to you how many times, I have clenched fists and teary eyes over this issue. From language to culture to Brages ord and runene, danish suppression guides for us the road to extinction. Where we stand now is because of what befell in the past. I am very mad right now.

But Sweden has pardoned them, taking half of their land is compensation enough! :beer-smil Land can not compensate nor heal a scar of faith.

Nßttfari
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Wel, since Jews got theirs and the Swedes and Norwegians are claiming their's, I might also jump in.

The Danes controlled shipping to and from Iceland for centuries. They only sold us 3. grade corn with worms in it, and if anyone dared to buy anything from the Dutch or Germans, the Danes would block all shipcomings to that harbour.

But, then again, why should Danish politicians apologise for something they didn't to, to us, which this didn't happen to? Apologies of this sort are useless.