PDA

View Full Version : Do You Boycott?

Lissu
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Boycotting is one way to protest. Of course, the effect of just one person is not much, but when a lot of people start boycotting something, then the effect also shows.

I have boycotted Israeli products for years now, as well as MacDonalds. But I am looking forward to find other things to boycott as well :D

Sonja
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I've also been boycotting McDonalds for the last 4.5 years, and Wal-Mart. There are a lot of companies that I won't support when I live alone; right now I am still financially dependent so it's not really up to me, although I do exert a little influence when I can. I try to support small, family-run businesses. But I am interested in hearing what others have boycotted, and why.

ETA: Also, I won't ever wear clothing that advertises anything.

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Hehe me too. :laugh:

Although most boycotting has been done unconsciously since I despise some kinds of products anyway. ;)

I have been staying away from most american and jewish products like McDonalds (they suck anyway :laugh: ), Marlboro (never liked them anyway), Coca Cola (it also sucks and it is very unhealthy), Levis jeans (they also suck and they are really overpriced here), and so on and so forth.

I also very rarely buy clothes of famous brands -especially Benetton :speechles , for obvious reasons, and other similar brands, since they are seriously overpriced and their quality is not better than regular clothes. I should know, I've made the mistake once or twice and bought really expensive sweaters that shrunk the first time I washed them. :P

I also boycott all stuff that is sold here by foreigners, may it be clothes, cds, food, etc.
Lately, as if all of our troubles were not enough already, we have had hundreds of chinese :chinese: swarning to Greece, opening stores that sell tax-free clothes for at least 1/5 of their regular price and as a result Greek businesses are closing one after another since they can't stand the competition. :frown:

You cannot imagine what damage they have done. They spread like the plague and they open shops literally in every corner...it is a nightmare! :O

I'd rather not buy something at all if I can't afford it than buy it from them at half price at the expense of my own people's economy.:annoysigr

As a friend says: don't feed today those who will eat you tomorrow! :laugh:

Lena_rus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Boycotting is one way to protest. Of course, the effect of just one person is not much, but when a lot of people start boycotting something, then the effect also shows.

I have boycotted Israeli products for years now, as well as MacDonalds. But I am looking forward to find other things to boycott as well :D

And how about Coca Cola, Louhi? :D ;)

Lena_rus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Hehe me too. :laugh:

Although most boycotting has been done unconsciously since I despise some kinds of products anyway. ;)

I have been staying away from most american and jewish products like McDonalds (they suck anyway :laugh: ), Marlboro (never liked them anyway), Coca Cola (it also sucks and it is very unhealthy), Levis jeans (they also suck and they are really overpriced here), and so on and so forth.

I also very rarely buy clothes of famous brands -especially Benetton :speechles , for obvious reasons, since they are seriously overpriced and their quality is not better than regular clothes. I shouhld know, I've made the mistake once or twice and bought really expensive sweaters that shrunk the first time I washed them. :P

I also boycott all stuff that is sold here by foreigners, may it be clothes, cds, food, etc.
Lately, as if all of our troubles were not enough already, we have had hundreds of chinese :chinese: swarning to Greece, opening stores that sell tax-free clothes for at least 1/5 of their regular price and as a result Greek businesses are closing one after another since they can't stand the competition. :frown:

You cannot imagine what damage they have done. They spread like the plague and they open shops literally in every corner...it is a nightmare! :O

I'd rather not buy something at all if I can't afford it than buy it from them at half price at the expense of my own people's economy.:annoysigr

As a friend says: don't feed today those who will eat you tomorrow! :laugh:

I like fastfoods sometimes... :P When I was in Greece I liked Goodies (if I remember right:) :D
I really think that sometimes fastfoods arent that bad... well.

Myself I boycott all illegal stuff here. Dumb American teen movies also :laugh:

Vanir
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Lately, as if all of our troubles were not enough, we have had hundreds of chinese swarning to Greece, opening stores that sell tax-free clothes for at least 1/5 of their regular price and as a result Greek businesses are closing one after another since they can't stand the competition

(To quote Nelson from the Simpsons) "HA HAAR" Hope you Greeks like a taste of your own medicine for a change ;) At one point, every Milkbar and take-away shop here changed from Australian hands, to Greek ownership, and it seemed like it happened overnight!

Seriously though, I have said for some time I had $20 on the Han Chinese dominating the world when all this multi-kult kerfuffle going on all over the world settles down. It was a toss-up between them and the Indians, but having been to China personally for awhile, and seeing them up close and personal, I can't see the Indians dominating to the extent that the Chinese could.

In Melbourne, where I grew up in a suburb called Balaclava, it is known as a mini-israel (do a search and you'll see what I mean) demented Lubbavitcher jews everywhere...anyway, even in balaclava, in the HEARTLAND of extreme orthodox jewry in Victoria, the Chinese are growing like an alien fungus, not even the Jews can't defeat them, which affords me a wry chuckle of amusement.

as for boycotting, I will not buy anything if I have to put money into a foreigner's hands.

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I like fastfoods sometimes... :P When I was in Greece I liked Goodies (if I remember right:) :D
I really think that sometimes fastfoods arent that bad... well.

Myself I boycott all illegal stuff here. Dumb American teen movies also :laugh:You were in Greece? :D

Well, Goodies is kind of nicer, it is a Greek fast food chain that has incorporated greek recipies in their menu. And they are much cleaner than the average fast food, fairly inexpensive and the quality is not that bad, i.e. burgers are actually meat and not rubber :P.

Oh, I also stay away from American teen movies and actually most Hollywood blockbusters. :laugh:

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM
(To quote Nelson from the Simpsons) "HA HAAR" Hope you Greeks like a taste of your own medicine for a change ;) At one point, every Milkbar and take-away shop here changed from Australian hands, to Greek ownership, and it seemed like it happened overnight!
Really? :O I thought the wogs mostly open restaurants, tavernas and the like, ya know, Zorba the Greek and all... :rofl:

I'm sorry, man. :suomut: Really. I am generally against all kind of mass immigration including the one of my own people to foreign countries. Whatever I don't like being done to me, I wouldn't do to others. :bloed_2:

In Melbourne, where I grew up in a suburb called Balaclava, it is known as a mini-israel (do a search and you'll see what I mean) demented Lubbavitcher jews everywhere...anyway, even in balaclava, in the HEARTLAND of extreme orthodox jewry in Victoria, the Chinese are growing like an alien fungus, not even the Jews can't defeat them, which affords me a wry chuckle of amusement.
Exactly, alien fungus is the correct expression. :D Undead, unbeatable.

Náttfari
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Myself I boycott all illegal stuff here.

Wait, in Russia, if you don't buy illeagal things, that's called boycotting? :laugh:

Lissu
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM
And how about Coca Cola, Louhi? :D ;)I don't drink that or Pepsi at all. Or other cola drinks. So yes, one could say I boycott it too :D

Same goes for most cloth brands. Benetton - never wore it and never will.... Only jeans brand I use currently, is Esprit because they seem to fit quite nicely ;) As for Levi's jeans, I haven't had those for almost a decade... :annoysigr

Arcturus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I boycott MacDonalds for one, have been doing so for some five years. Although I mut admit I started because their 'food' is nothing compared to our native Hesbuger. 1 mega meal + red mayo thanks!

I don't buy overly-expensive brands like Levi's, Lee jeans etc. I spend a maximum of 100 euros on clothes most years anyway. Only things I splurged on in late years was a new leather jacket and a pair of Wehrmacht boots.

I don't eat kebab (but when hung over I must admit I sometime go for a pizza from the local kebab-shop as its closest...) or chinese food. :chinese:

Fortis_in_Arduis
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:19 PM
1. BOYCOTT BANKS. Keep your money out of a bank, and if possible put it into a local credit union or a nationalist-orientated company run by your friends.

2. BOYCOTT TAXES! Pay as little as possible.

3. BOYCOTT LOANS - do not take out loans, if you have a loan tell the bank that you cannot pay as you are unemployed now, and then arrange to pay them back at $5 a month. In the end they will just cancel the loan as it costs them so much in admin...

:D

4. BOYCOTT SUPERMARKETS - Only by produce from local farmer's markets or co-operatively-owned/family owned shops. Better still, grow your own.

5. BOYCOTT CLOTHES STORES - Make your own, or, buy from second hand shops/thrift stores as these are tax free. Buy handmade clothes direct from the tailor. Traditional knitwear, and leather.

Shetland knitwear from Scotland is world-class. Expensive but worth every penny. Rather like Norwegian style. Hand made shoes are much more comfortable.

6. BOYCOTT UNIVERSITIES - Undertake your own studies with institutions which are free from political agenda and stage-managed student movements. Boycott stage-managed political protests.

7. BOYCOTT CARS - Until an ecologically sustainable alternative is created, just do not bother with cars, use a bicycle, a bus or a train, or a car-sharing scheme.

8. BOYCOTT LARGE MULTINATIONALS - Instead favour small locally based companies.

Do not bother yourself too much with blacklists and boycotts as such - concentrate on WHITElists. Create trading registers for local nationalists!

9. BOYCOTT MONEY - Barter instead, who needs currency?!?

newenstad
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I boycott fruits from Asia and South America, I boycott Coca Cola and I boycott all beer labels which aren´t form Austria or Bavaria (except Kilkenny) :guinness:

but I like to eat at McD or Burger King (my girlfriend is studying nutritional science so you can´t say anything I don´t heard before...)

newenstad
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:33 PM
7. BOYCOTT CARS - Until an ecologically sustainable alternative is created, just do not bother with cars, use a bicycle, a bus or a train, or a car-sharing scheme.

Boycott cars? Why? Pollution?

Arcturus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:38 PM
1. BOYCOTT BANKS. Keep your money out of a bank, and if possible put it into a local credit union or a nationalist-orientated company run by your friends.

Money and friendship doesn't mix; but money IS is a fantastic destroyer of friendship.

2. BOYCOTT TAXES! Pay as little as possible.

And get to pay them next year instead.. all in one big heap. Or go to jail, and pay your taxes, and pay the fines, and pay the court costs..

3. BOYCOTT LOANS - do not take out loans, if you have a loan tell the bank that you cannot pay as you are unemployed now, and then arrange to pay them back at $5 a month. In the end they will just cancel the loan as it costs them so much in admin...

Haven't taken a loan yet, so ok. Yet, the bank can see if you're unemployed. Unless you combine this with point 2. and not pay income tax, making you no better for the economy than the negroes, turks etc. Cancel the loan? No, they just wait for you to own anything, and come take it away :deal0001:

4. BOYCOTT SUPERMARKETS - Only by produce from local farmer's markets or co-operatively-owned/family owned shops. Better still, grow your own. My balcony is a bit too small to provide food for me, my girlfriend and her rabbit for a year... and, no, w're NOT eating the rabbit! :animal-sm

5. BOYCOTT CLOTHES STORES - Make your own, or, buy from second hand shops/thrift stores as these are tax free. Buy handmade clothes direct from the tailor. Traditional knitwear, and leather.Leather is good, but only for the outermost layer... say what you will, new cotton underwear are so nice...:D

Shetland knitwear from Scotland is world-class. Expensive but worth every penny. Rather like Norwegian style. Hand made shoes are much more comfortable. Well, if we didn't pay taxes I supppose we could afford these...

6. BOYCOTT UNIVERSITIES - Undertake your own studies with institutions which are free from political agenda and stage-managed student movements. Boycott stage-managed political protests.

HArd to find one... and try convincing your next employer you really know all about tax laws, sales, the english language or what-not. "I took a course on the internet about it..."

7. BOYCOTT CARS - Until an ecologically sustainable alternative is created, just do not bother with cars, use a bicycle, a bus or a train, or a car-sharing scheme. I drive a max of 1500 km per year, plus I walk /bike 9 months out of the year. That's all you're getting from me, mother nature! :viking1:

8. BOYCOTT LARGE MULTINATIONALS - Instead favour small locally based companies. Hmmm. Agreed. Too bad 75% of them seem to be kebab shops... :violent-s

9. BOYCOTT MONEY - Barter instead, who needs currency?!? Indeed. "Come on, I really need this new oven, I already told you I don't have the money! Well, why won't you take this stuffed reindeer instead?!":D

newenstad
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 01:48 PM
My balcony is a bit too small to provide food for me, my girlfriend and her rabbit for a year... and, no, w're NOT eating the rabbit! :animal-sm

my girlfriend has a shepp, so guess what...

:sheep: :rifle:

In former times I liked the idea of providing your own food, make your own clothes, living in a tree house, live in small communities,... but after some years (maybe some thousand years) you will develope and then you have the same things, the same style of living like nowadays

Lena_rus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Wait, in Russia, if you don't buy illeagal things, that's called boycotting? :laugh:

Continue your thought, please :laugh:

Sonja
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 04:40 PM
"Come on, I really need this new oven, I already told you I don't have the money! Well, why won't you take this stuffed reindeer instead?!":D :rofl:

Death and the Sun
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I boycott all petrol stations except Neste. This is easy when you don’t have a car. :D (although I do drive other people’s cars often, and no, I’m not a repo man or car thief.)

Jsut like most people here, I boycott all American junk food chains (Arcturus will be mortally offended, but I was annoyed when the Turkuite junk food giant Hesburger bought out Carrols, since that is the only burger joint I go to. Now there are only two of them in Helsinki, within one block of each other :speechles). There are no less than five pitsa-kebab joints within a stone’s throw from where I live, but one of them seems to be at least partly under Finnish ownership, so I have patronized them on occasion.

I don’t really have a huge problem with others types of ethnic restaurants (except that I cannot and will not eat anything that has been cooked or even touched by a negro, call me what you will), but still mostly I avoid them. Chinese restaurants here are almost always very bad anyway. For some reason there are many Nepalese restaurants in Helsinki, which I admit I enjoy dining in sometimes.

As for clothes, the only “brand” names I do NOT boycott are Adidas and Levi’s. I do have some gear made by Lonsdale, Doc Marten’s and Alpha Industries, but I doubt that I will buy more in the future. Having said that, I don’t mind paying a little extra for clothes if they will last for long. I avoid “fashionable” clothes that will look ridiculous three months later, I prefer to go for a “timeless” look. And I also hate clothes that have too large or visible brand labels or logos.

When it comes to groceries, I always try to buy whatever is produced the closest to me and wrapped in as little packaging as possible. Huge companies like Nestlé, Unilever or the diabolical Rainbow should be avoided if at all possible.

Credit cards are admittedly handy for shopping online and in emergencies, but they should be used as little as possible. I also always pay the full balance as soon as I can. Loans from banks are not good, I know, but often people have no choice but to take them.

I also boycott pirate CD’s and DVD’s (although I’m not above downloading music from the internet now and then) – there’s no way I’ll give a penny to people who are also involed in drug trafficking and White slave trade.

As for other things... I don’t have a car like I mentioned, but if I ever buy one it must be European (VW, BMW, Volvo, Saab, etc). For electronics and computer-related stuff I don’t really care, it all seems to made in China anyway.

DreamWalker
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 08:54 PM
It really can help, starve the enemy! McDonalds is totally negrophile, Burger King's CEO is a zionist, so if I feel the need (rarely) for a 99 cent heart attack, I go to Wendys.

Somewhere on the net is a list of companies that support zionism, but it is made up by arabs, and so unfortunately does not include ordinary bolshevik jews. :frown:

Skildur
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I boycott drinking vodka. :viking1:

Lissu
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I boycott drinking vodka. :viking1:...:beer-smil

RoyBatty
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I am generally against all kind of mass immigration including the one of my own people to foreign countries. Whatever I don't like being done to me, I wouldn't do to others. :bloed_2:

There is a sizeable Greek community in my country (South Africa) and as far as I'm concerned they are all very welcome. It would be even better if more came.

Gustavus Magnus
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I am an idealist, and I boycott everything.

...For three days, after that I give up. I do however boycott Israeli products. At least, I will once I have gotten my hands on a Desert Eagle 0.5... No but seriously, I boycott all sorts of things, Israeli products, MTV, and what not.

NSFreja
Wednesday, May 4th, 2005, 09:49 PM
It's very hard to boycott anything here that are made in Israel or made by j*wish owned companies...eventhough we only have about 23 000 of them here in Sweden.

If you should boycott it all, then the best thing would be to kill your self, just check that the one that deliver the rope isn't a j*w. ;)

Media is owned by them, school litteratur is published by them, phonecompanies is ruled by them...etc...etc...

There is impossible to boycott it totally...but i do whatever i can to do. Just to mention, i have never ever eaten a burger from McDonalds...

Most funny thing to do though, is to walk in to a pizzeria owned by a turk or something and look what kind of beer they sell...and if they have beer that comes from a jewish owned brewery, i use to tell them that. Next time you get there, they have taken it away and selling some other beer instead...

/M

Rachel
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 12:24 AM
How anyone could stomach McDonalds is beyond me. Speaking of boycotting, how often do you see white people in their advertising? :scratch: When it comes to Kosher goods, your best bet, as mentioned, is to shop at a local or family owned store. Or else one more dirty Jew is just going to try and weasel his hand into your pocket. However, if you ever find yourself in a grocery chain, try to buy generic products. It's less likely they'll be Kosher, they are just as good, and usually cheaper!

The Horned God
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 02:36 AM
kosher to me means "Guaranteed Irish" and I buy as much of that as I can.

HIM
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I don’t have a car like I mentioned, but if I ever buy one it must be European (VW, BMW, Volvo, Saab, etc)

Good choice. My previous two cars were junk, but my BMW runs like a champ!

It really can help, starve the enemy! McDonalds is totally negrophile, Burger King's CEO is a zionist, so if I feel the need (rarely) for a 99 cent heart attack, I go to Wendys.

You got that right! Especially about McDonald's. They seem to be salivating over negroes! Do you remember those stupid posters they plastered everywhere a few years ago about celebrating black history month all year long? McDonald's is the scum of the earth when it comes to corporations, IMO. Boycotting McDonald's is quite easy though as their food is absolutely disgusting!

I also boycott Abercrombie & Fitch because they're horribly overpriced ($40 for a T-shirt) and all they do is make you a walking advertisement.

I more or less boycott Mexican beer. However, I supposed it's not the fact I hate Mexico that I boycott their beer, but more so because their beer is awful! I don't see how anyone can drink that piss they call Corona. I stick with quality beers such as Warsteiner and Harp.

I also refuse to shop at Wal-Mart for a number of reasons. They're a huge corporation that likes to dominate the market and put all the small family shops out of business. Every CD they sell is edited. And worst of all, going in there is like taking a tour of the third-world. It's like a multi-cultural convention. It makes me want to puke!

Shaun
Thursday, May 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
McDonalds food has a tendency to make me sick for the day, except for their ice cream (Ice cream and dairy products, even though not real ala McDonalds, are my weakness). As for food, my dad really likes to dig up our backyard during the summer so we grown our own food.

Although my profile says I live in Vancouver, I actually live in the Vancouver area, specifically in a place in the Fraser Valley that is predominantly farmland and Dutch and German folk. I would guess the majority of the city I live in is blonde hair, blue eyed. Anyways, we buy a lot of local food, was the point I was getting to.

Zyklop
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I boycott McDonalds, Coca-Cola and most other American trademarks because they represent the established post-war occupation regime in Germany. I also boycott immigrant owned shops and restaurants.

Sometimes I watch Mtv (especially "Pimp my Ride", "I bet you will" etc.) to see what´s going on in the minus-world.:laugh:

NSFreja
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM
When i went to Narva the first time, McDonalds were "protected" by guards with kalaschnikovs...quite strange to see

/M

Lissu
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
When i went to Narva the first time, McDonalds were "protected" by guards with kalaschnikovs...quite strange to see

/MHmmm.... Do you happen to know the reason why? :confused:

Death and the Sun
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM

/M

Can I ask when was this?

And was this on the Russian or Estonian side?

NSFreja
Saturday, May 7th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hmmm.... Do you happen to know the reason why? :confused: No, not really, i asked my comrades but they didn't know either...would been fun to have a pic of it, but i forgot my camera at the hotel :(

The year after (i use to go there once a year), i went there again, and the guards were gone...
/M

thule
Monday, May 9th, 2005, 09:29 AM
I have only one company that I have declared on boycott, otherwise my habits of comsuming practically boycott all kind of things you all have said, but occasionally I might go on them too. Officially I boycott only Unilever corporation.

The Horned God
Monday, May 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM
The term "Boycott" originated in Ireland during the harvest of 1880. As part the economic struggle of the 1870's and 80's known as the "Land war", tenant farmers attempted to force a reduction in rents by completely shunning the agents of landlords who were charging above the level which was deemed acceptable. Anyone who profited directly or indirectly as a result of an unjust eviction was likewise shunned.
The story of Captain Charles Boycott an agent or "rent collector" based in Co. Mayo in the year 1880, became the most famous example of this form of non-violent resistance.

http://www.edwardtodonnell.com/hibchronboycott.html

"Those who aided landlords by collecting rents or carrying out evictions found themselves cut off from all social contact. This was especially true for those "land grabbers" who took over an evicted farmer' s holding. As Parnell put it in a speech to farmers in County Clare,
When a man takes a farm from which another has been evicted, you must show him on the roadside when you meet him, you must show him in the streets of the town, you must show him at the shop-counter, you must show him at the fair and at the market-place and even in the house of worship, by leaving him severely alone … by isolating him for the rest of his kind, as if he were a leper of old, you must show him your detestation of the crime he has committed.

It was Captain Charles Boycott’s fate to become the most famous example of this tactic. The press in England and the U.S. ran frequent stories detailing his mounting frustration in the face of the protest. The estate’s tenants refused to pay their rents, to assist in evictions, or to till the land of an evicted family. With the harvest looming, he made a desperate appeal to British officials for help. Eager to weaken the Land League, they provided the embattled Boycott with 1,000 British soldiers to protect 50 Cavan Orangemen brought in to harvest the estate’s crops. The operation cost the government Ł10,000 or, as Parnell sneered, the absurd price of “one shilling for every turnip.” Boycott, not surprisingly, left Ireland for England soon thereafter."