PDA

View Full Version : Heathen Front Defunct?

HammerHeart
Friday, April 22nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
I haven't been there for awhile now, and I try to but get this message...

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('3507bc5ec0b3c045e16743d69f5dfef4', -1, 1114188506, 1114188506, '185864f6', 0, 0)

Line : 170
File : sessions.php

If there's been a thread about this already please remove this. thanks. :viking3:

Stig NHF
Saturday, April 23rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
Well, there appearantly is some trouble with the php-thingie. I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

Blutwölfin
Thursday, November 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
The Heathen Front is no more. The reasons? No one knows. Lack of interest, lack of members, lack of enthusiam - maybe a bit from everything.

- > http://www.heathenfront.org

Sigurd
Thursday, November 16th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I believe it was Werwolf who said that the German section had since long stopped admitting new members for all the BM-guys they got that were more obsessed with Vikernes than Heathenism. So hmmm...so it's not the first time it's had trouble; and as we all know, "trouble has three children".

It is unfortunate to see them go, for they certainly had their value in their ideal Odalism.

I believe that it is the lacking commitment from members that would have caused it to stagnate, and a religious group in stagnation would cause it to finally "call it a day". It is never the number of members, but it is the commitment they offer. 50 committed members out of 200 is often better than 5 out of 10,000. I never knew much about the HF, so the reasonable silence around them could be proof for there not being a firm organisation within the org and lacking commitment except for the "top guns".

They will probably all reorganise on a local level and join other orgs or be independent.

It is a sad story, but this will happen to all Heathen organisations except the strongest; the others will crumble. I predict the Asatru Alliance to collapse within 20 years for them no longer moving on but remaining at what they have achieved; and I predict the Asatru Folk Assembly to die when the McNallens die. So really, I saw it happen with the HF, too...

The only ones that I see a future for are:
-The Odinic Rite. Stable and running for 33 years. More advancing than ever. Everytime there was a hick-up the Rite came back stronger than ever.
-The Comunita Odinista. Firm, devoted and committed Langbard group. Small but powerful, and will thus prevail.
-The Irminen-Gesellschaft. Committed, rather academic group. Will prevail for its clever minds.
-The Norroena Society. See the I-G.

nordicdusk
Friday, November 17th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Yes i know one of the members and he was sick of people only joining to talk about Burzum and Varg.Its a pitty people could not see past that and see them for what they really were.It also attracted alot of teenage nazis which i know they were not happy with.

Tyrsson
Tuesday, December 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM
What happened to Heathen Front, I used to enjoy their site and forum. Why are they now defunct? It Appears that the English Heathen Front is still around??

albion
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 02:59 AM
This is it.
The Heathen Front is no more.

http://heathenfront.org/

Sigurd
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Indeed, they have apparently decided to call it a day. Nothing moving though...the AHF may have been a group that found a lot of support, but it was not über-revolutionary. Not being a member, I can only reckon why they disbanded.

A friend once contacted the German Heathen Front, and they said that they no longer took open application, only face-to-face applications, for the reason that they had been suffering problems by idiots who cared more for Burzum or Absurd than serious Heathendom.

Also, you rarely heard of the AHF achieving anything, and when an Org stagnates, it is doomed to find its end.

So I would probably blame it on stagnation in ideas, lack of commitment from members apart from the dedicated few and them having to fight with a bad name in the first place (They disassociated themselves from Vikernes as they progressed...the fact that he was involved in their dealings in the earlier days didn't quite help the reputation...).

It is somewhat sad for the Heathen Front, for I certainly saw potential in their brand of Heathenry without directly subscribing to it - Odalism would have surely had a future, the Norns willing.

But for those left at a loss from the discontinuation of the AHF - all they can do is to move on, and try to further our faith through a different vehicle. Orgs come and go, and only the few, the vanguard of the New Awakening will make it to the end. They are not the first group to disband, and they will most certainly not be the last.

Oskorei
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
For those who miss the HF, the Asatru Folk Assembly is maybe a good alternative.

http://www.runestone.org/flash/home.html

enslaved1896
Wednesday, February 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I believe it was Werwolf who said that the German section had since long stopped admitting new members for all the BM-guys they got that were more obsessed with Vikernes than Heathenism. So hmmm...so it's not the first time it's had trouble; and as we all know, "trouble has three children".

It is unfortunate to see them go, for they certainly had their value in their ideal Odalism.

I believe that it is the lacking commitment from members that would have caused it to stagnate, and a religious group in stagnation would cause it to finally "call it a day". It is never the number of members, but it is the commitment they offer. 50 committed members out of 200 is often better than 5 out of 10,000. I never knew much about the HF, so the reasonable silence around them could be proof for there not being a firm organisation within the org and lacking commitment except for the "top guns".

They will probably all reorganise on a local level and join other orgs or be independent.

It is a sad story, but this will happen to all Heathen organisations except the strongest; the others will crumble. I predict the Asatru Alliance to collapse within 20 years for them no longer moving on but remaining at what they have achieved; and I predict the Asatru Folk Assembly to die when the McNallens die. So really, I saw it happen with the HF, too...

The only ones that I see a future for are:
-The Odinic Rite. Stable and running for 33 years. More advancing than ever. Everytime there was a hick-up the Rite came back stronger than ever.
-The Comunita Odinista. Firm, devoted and committed Langbard group. Small but powerful, and will thus prevail.
-The Irminen-Gesellschaft. Committed, rather academic group. Will prevail for its clever minds.
-The Norroena Society. See the I-G.

Indeed. Hail the Odinic Rite.