PDA

View Full Version : A Hole in My Heart

Death and the Sun
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Lukas Moodysson's new film sounds like unbelievable dreck. Has anyone seen it?

http://www.lff.org.uk/films_details.php?FilmID=461

http://www.villagevoice.com/film/0514,hoberman2,62730,20.html

Rehnskiöld
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 05:50 PM
If you fancy your life and like to stay healthy, I advice you all to stay clear of that crap! :smstop:

Lukas Muddyson is a left-wing scum,everything he spews out of his communist-mouth is poison,I've seen parts of this film and the scum has broken some kind of new record in degeneration and bad taste.

Death and the Sun
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Did you see "Lilja 4-Ever"? If so, what did you think?

Rehnskiöld
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 05:53 PM
No thank gods I didn't,did you? what did you think?

Stig NHF
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Well, "Lilja 4-Ever" was actually very good. One of the few films that actually made an impression upon me.

Death and the Sun
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM
I have very mixed feelings about that film.

On the one hand, it is definitely a good thing that someone is trying to make people pay attention to this problem (the sexual slavery and forced prostitution of Russian/East European women in the West).

But on the other hand, the whole film seemed like a bunch of hypocritical, exploitative crap. Basically it seemed to me that people who went to see that film wanted to feel like they've done something to help and then forget the whole thing and go eat tapas and drink white wine.

I also find it disgusting that Moodysson was a part of the movement in Sweden which made patronizing prostitutes illegal -- a hopelessly naive solution. Prostitution will always exist, and this kind of laws will only drive in underground, increasing the kind of problems that Moodysson is supposedly fighting with his film.

Stig NHF
Friday, April 8th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Ah well, the film was still good though, I didn't know any of the other stuff.