PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Solzhenitsyn: "Two Hundred Years Together"

Death and the Sun
Friday, April 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Have any Russian members here read this book? Or the German or French translations? Any comments?

And also, any idea if/when it will be available in English?

Skildur
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM
Solzhenitsyn is not an easy read. I don't even remember having his books in school's literature program. I have several his books "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich", "Gulag Archipelago", but to be honest I've never read them. :food-smil

Death and the Sun
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Solzhenitsyn is not an easy read. I don't even remember having his books in school's literature program. I have several his books "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich", "Gulag Archipelago", but to be honest I've never read them. :food-smil

I've read both of them in English. However I haven't read any of his non-fiction. "Two Hundred Years Together" is a book about Russian Jews and their role in the Bolshevik revolution.

Skildur
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM
I've read both of them in English. However I haven't read any of his non-fiction. "Two Hundred Years Together" is a book about Russian Jews and their role in the Bolshevik revolution.

Oh, jews and revolution. Two words that make me sick. :sheep:

Death and the Sun
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Oh, jews and revolution. Two words that make me sick. :sheep:

Yes, it amuses me when people claim that Solzhenitsyn is himself a Jew or a Communist. The truth is that he is neither, and no friend of either group.

Skildur
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Yes, it amuses me when people claim that Solzhenitsyn is himself a Jew or a Communist. The truth is that he is neither, and no friend of either group.

It's hard to be friend of that people when they treat you like criminal but being criminals themselves. Bolsheviks=terrorists, at least for me. :viking4: