PDA

View Full Version : Australia: New Immigrant on 10 rape charges within a month!

Vanir
Wednesday, March 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Behold, the wondrous bounties mass-immigration doth deliver unto us!
I am told the offender was Sudanese, though I will have to wait until tomorrow to be able to verify that. A massive number of Sudanese immigrants are being funnelled into the Dandenong area every month.

"Every skilled immigrant creates another seven jobs" is a line being fed to us in the very same issue of the paper I copied the below from....

I wonder how many other girls he attacked that haven't come forward....

Man faces 10 rape charges
Herald-Sun March 16th 2005

A man was charged last night with having raped five women last week.
Poice alleged the man, in his 20's, had raped some of the women more than once.
The women's ages ranged from teens to early 60's, police said.
The Herald-Sun has been told one victim, 63, suffered a deep cut to her throat and had then been left alone in her Dandenong house on Friday.
Last night the woman, who was one of the last victims, was in a stable condition in the Alfred Hospital.
The charges allege most of the women were raped in or near John Hemmings Memorial Park, across the Princes Hwy from Dandenong High School.
Police said the man had arrived in Australia as an immigrant less than a month ago.
Detectives arrested the man yesterday, and spent several hours interviewing him at the Dandenong CIU office.
The man was charged with 10 counts of rape, 3 counts of armed robbery, 7 counts of assault, 5 counts of false imprisonment, attempted murder and aggravated burglary.
Police said the offences took place between March 5-12. The man was arrested after a week long search. Police said a teenage girl was also a victim.
One of the attacks was in Springvale, while all the others were in Dandenong.
The man is expected to appear in Melbourne Magistrate's Court today.
Police said they were continuing to work with the local community in the investigation*.

*Read between the lines on that one "Police are working with the local Sudanese community to water down this situation as best as possible"

And they say islands are easily defendable...
Anders

Sigel
Wednesday, March 16th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Something like 8000 sudanese a month are being funnelled into the Dandenong area in Victoria.
We get the Somalis. I wonder which is best?

I think this should also provide "Food For Thought":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4350393.stm

Vanir
Wednesday, March 16th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry, it was 8000 in *one* month, not 8000 every month, you got your reply in before I could edit my post.

We get the Somalis. I wonder which is best?

I think this should also provide "Food For Thought":
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4350393.stm

Lovely!
I'd be terrible eating though, I think I'd be all stringy and tough from going to the gym.

The Faroe
Friday, March 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
At least the Aussies know how to punish properly. In a Scandinavian country he would have gotten off with a few years and a slap on the wrist.