PDA

View Full Version : How Nordic is Berlin?

eucrusader
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I have been thinking about going to Hamburg or the UK, but Berlin also seems interesting to me. How nordic blonde is BERLIN and how would one rate the quality of life there?

I have heard this city is exciting for a young person like myself, but the 20% unemployment rate sounds like trouble. I also heard disturbing stories about the city having large numbers of shady Turks who loiter on the streets.

Zyklop
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Avoid the Kreuzberg and Neuköln districts.

eucrusader
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM
So I guess that means there are not as many NORDIC blondes in Berlin as say Hamburg?

Nordgau
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 10:28 PM
So I guess that means there are not as many NORDIC blondes in Berlin as say Hamburg?

Leaving the question of muds and muddoids behind... probably there are more Nordids in Berlin, since Berlin is almost twice as big and would have thus only less Nordids if the percentage of Nordids among the whole population was less than half as much as in Hamburg. In percentage however, Hamburg is after all likely more Nordid.

eucrusader
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Interesting. I do find that people either love Berlin or hate it.

Would you not recommend it as a place to live for a young person? It seems to be rapidly changing and I have heard the young Germans there are very open and friendly.

I also plan to avoid the mud-infested areas altogether, although if they are everywhere as you mentioned, then this might detract from the beauty of the city.