PDA

View Full Version : The Laws in Other Countries?

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
;) Just interested to know what laws relate in various countries to my list below?...

* The legal alcohol limit with drivers?
* Is Voting Compulsory?
* School uniforms in all public schools?
* Banned Guns?
* Wearing of helmets when riding a pushbike?
* Ban of smoking in most public places (shops, pubs, beaches, offices etc)
* Death penalty for murderers?
* Ban of camera's & video on public beaches?
* No steel capped boots or studded wear in clubs?

More later...

Nordgau
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Germany:

0.5 per mil (I had to look it up in the internet, because I only drink coffee and there's no legal driving limit for that. :tongue:).

* Is Voting Compulsory?

No.

No.

* Banned Guns?

Yes.

Don't think so.

No. There are normally seperated smoker/non-smoker areas in restaurants, one normally isn't allowed to smoke in shops, and offices may make up there own restrictions in these respect--but there is no general public ban like in other countries, as far as I know.

No.

Never heard of anything such here, and people make films and photograph quite much there...

No such thing generally. But there are many repressions in repect of clothing against "neo-Nazis" on demonstrations. :viking2:

You forgot one important thing, my dear...

* Speed limit on motorways?

None! :icon12:

Rehnskiöld
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 07:11 PM

hmm...I took the test for drivers license twice, both last year and you know what? I've already forgot that! I guess 0,2 or 0,5....i think 0.2

* Is Voting Compulsory?

certainly not

no

* Banned Guns?

guess so

for regular bike it's compulsory in a few weeks i think

no,not yet i think

no

guess not but never heard of it

don't think so

My knowledge of the law is somewhat limited i think! :redface:

DreamWalker
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM
;) Just interested to know what laws relate in various countries to my list below?...

USA, individual American states have different laws, so each state will be a bit different;

.008%, some places I think are .01%, WA state uses both, with harsher penalties for the drunker number.

* Is Voting Compulsory?

No

No

* Banned Guns?

Generally no, but some liberal cities/states have their own rules, handguns banned in NYC (can't have Whites defending themselves against non-White gangs, can we), machine guns banned in WA State (special Federal tax and permit everywhere) most states require license to carry handguns concealed, etc.

Not sure, everyone seems to wear one so may be required, at least here in Idaho

Varies by state, California seems strict, here in Idaho itz kind of backward and redneckish, seems everyone smokes :icon_sad:

Yes, except in some liberal states, but it is such a slow process that some die of old age/ natural causes before they can be killed, often 20+ years of appeals

No

No, at least not steel-toed shoes, I think studded stuff is banned at a lot of places, drunks and sharp objects being unsafe 'ya know :rolleyes:

Who is the beautiful woman you use as an avatar?

Náttfari
Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Iceland

0,5 promills

* Is Voting Compulsory?
No

No

* Banned Guns?
Only rifles and shotguns for hunting are allowed.

Only for those 15 years or younger.

Not yet, but sooner this year, which I'm very happy about :)

No death penalty

What beaches? :tongue:

I guess not, but clubs can set their own rules.

ChrisDownUnder
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 01:50 AM
The only Western countries where voting is compulsory are Australia, Argentina, Greece, Belgium and Luxemborg. Besides being an infringement on civil liberties, it forces people who don't know or don't care how or why they vote to participate in the political process.

Draugr
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Blood Alcholol content allowed: 0.10% I think, that's why I drive through black neighborhoods when I'm drunk.

* Is Voting Compulsory?
Couldn't make me if they wanted.

No. Niggas gots ta wear his FUBU.

* Banned Guns?
Anything that can be used to knock over the Federal Reserve (now how am I to pay back those college loans? Dime baggers don't make enough to keep robbing them.) i.e. Full-automatic rifles , grenade launchers, you get the idea.

No. I wear one anyways.

Can't smoke at retail outlets or places of work or education (unless you like snow), but you can smoke in the Bar (hey it's Pittsburgh, you can piss on the bar floor if you wanted until Fat Tony saunters out with a sawed off baseball bat)

Yes but PA rarely uses it.

Don't have beaches here, only hills, rivers, and trees.

No. Too busy looking for guys with guns I guess, but me I have Zytel knives so they can't stop me anyways.

Sonja
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Canada:

- 0.08 (0.05 in the province of Manitoba)
* Is Voting Compulsory?
- No.
- No.
* Banned Guns?
- Automatics and semi-automatics, I believe...
- Yes.
- Yes.
- No.
- Not to my knowledge.
- I don't think this is a rule, but studded things are often not allowed at concerts.

NSFreja
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Sweden:

* Is Voting Compulsory?
- No

- No

* Banned Guns?
- Automatic guns are very restricted and it's very hard to get a license to have one.

- We will have a law for wearing helmet soon i guess

- Banned in shops, pubs, offices, restaurants, hospitals etc

- No

- No

- Stellcapped boots (high boots, like gettagrips with more than 14 holes) are seen as weapon by the police

/M

Lissu
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM

0,5 per mille.

* Is Voting Compulsory?

No.

No

* Banned Guns?

I don't know...

I'm not sure. I think there is a law that helmets should be used, but not using will not be
punished. I have a biking helmet :biggrin:

Yes, but not on beaches. Pubs have non-smoking areas.

No!!!

No.

I don't think so... Sounds quite ridiculous! I have had steel capped work shoes for protecting my feet (without them, in the case of an accident the insurance wouldn't have paid anything), and I loved them.

NSFreja
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM
More later... You can't imagine in your wildest fantasy how many stupid laws we have here in Sweden.

/M

Lissu
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
You can't imagine in your wildest fantasy how many stupid laws we have here in Sweden.

/MPlease, give us examples.

Mistress Klaus
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 01:11 PM
:viking1: This is very interesting to see the different laws in various countries. Just proves to me that Australian laws are truly overboard. :icon_redf .......

* Is Voting Compulsory?
yes
yes
* Banned Guns?
yes
yes. Fined if found not wearing one!
Yes. and more rules pending.
No. :speechles
Laws are trying to be enforced to prevent peds(child molesters).!!!!! Parents will not even be able to take pictures of their children!!
Can't get in anywhere...with this wear...!! :icon_arro

Schutz_Staffeln
Saturday, March 5th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Australian Laws

Drink Driving limit: .05bac (Blood Alcohol Content) as we count it

Voting: yes we australians are forced to vote if you dont vote in Australia u would recieve a fine of about $20AUS to $50AUS

School Uniforms: Most schools have some sort of uniform ranging from just a shirt or jumper to the classic suit but these depend from state to state and from school to school

Guns and Knifes: Generally guns and knifes of most sorts are banned down here but there are licenses/tests that people can do to have hand guns and sport shooting rifles etc.......

Helmets: Helmets are a standard for anyone of any age riding a motor bike or push bike

Smoking in Public places: most bars and clubs are now smoke free but some places still have a smokers and non smokers sections but there is no smoking in food stores/cafes

Death penalty: nope none whatsoever in Australia for any crime! not even for mass shootings! :scratch:

Cameras on public beaches: this is a fairly new problem but still a problem in australia........most places dont have state or federal laws controlling this but most private companies and local governments are starting to improve the laws regarding this

Studded wear in clubs: Normally the dress code of a night club is left to the night club management to handle so it would depend on what and where you would be trying to attend to if you would get access or not.

thule
Sunday, March 6th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Finland:

* Banned Guns?

In generally anyone [decent citizen] can have a gun but automatic are restricted and of course like bazooka, artillery and missle-systems etc are banned. Also very small [pocket] guns and guns that don't look like a gun are restricted.

There's about 1.8 million legal private owned guns in Finland and about 200.000 illegal guns owned by normal people (mostly war-time souveniers).

Schutz_Staffeln
Monday, March 7th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Finland:

* Banned Guns?

In generally anyone [decent citizen] can have a gun but automatic are restricted and of course like bazooka, artillery and missle-systems etc are banned. Also very small [pocket] guns and guns that don't look like a gun are restricted.

There's about 1.8 million legal private owned guns in Finland and about 200.000 illegal guns owned by normal people (mostly war-time souveniers).

Well in actually fact not all guns are banned; Sports shooters,farmers can have rifles
As for hand guns most of the good ones are banned but as far as the actually laws regarding the licenses and laws regarding this check:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/other/apmc/

laws in Australia are still changing even today so i will post anymore information i find on Australian weapon control and laws

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, March 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Well in actually fact not all guns are banned; Sports shooters,farmers can have rifles
As for hand guns most of the good ones are banned but as far as the actually laws regarding the licenses and laws regarding this check:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/other/apmc/

laws in Australia are still changing even today so i will post anymore information i find on Australian weapon control and laws

Good link Schutz....

What the hel does this mean in the Resolutions section of the link...

a) that personal protection not be regarded as a genuine reason for owning, possessing or using a firearm.

:suomut: How dare they!!!...As a female...that is THE reason I want (& need) a gun. I think it is my right.

Schutz_Staffeln
Tuesday, March 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Good link Schutz....

What the hel does this mean in the Resolutions section of the link...

a) that personal protection not be regarded as a genuine reason for owning, possessing or using a firearm.

:suomut: How dare they!!!...As a female...that is THE reason I want (& need) a gun. I think it is my right.

Well Australian laws as i have said are becoming worst....now its almost impossible to buy a sword or bladed weapon without a license.

Australia has had a different history that has put our population into a state of shock over weapons. It all relates back to a mass shooting that happened in Australia many years ago when i believe atleast 30 people were gunned down in the street by a lone gunman. Which is why and when are gun laws were hard almost impossible to live by for a normal person.

Well our laws for personal protection would have to be the worst...... even a thieft in someones home has more rights then we do :scratch:

Australian gunlaws are designed for around one idea that if you want a weapon they'll make it as hard as possible to get one for theand if you do get a weapon its something that couldnt do any real damage anyway.

Australia used to be called "the lucky country" i think the only thing we are lucky about is that we arent gone already........

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Schutz.....The Australian laws are quite absurd & offensive to us fellow Aussies. We are treated like the convict stock from whence this country was first established and eventually colonised.

If a thief invades your home & you attack him/her...you are liable & could be charged with assault!!!! ( the invader can sue you!!!????!!!! :speechles .... :icon1: :mad: :mad: ).....Same goes for booby trapping your home...you can be sued & taken to court. Also any person walking on your land/property & falls over your hose, path way, landscaping debris, tree branch...practically anything on your land that 'could' be a danger....they can sue you !!!! :mad: Madness.

I also find the law of 'Pool Fencing' quite ridiculous. People say 'to keep the children safe'.....well perhaps they should get off their lazy arses and actually teach their children how to swim from toddler age. ...or teach their children not to wander into other neighbours yards...or care for their children better (get off the lounge and actually supervise/entertain your child!!).
It is a matter of common sense.

Actually, stupid, lazy, money grabbing people have caused the changes with the laws.......

Todesritter
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Schutz.....The Australian laws are quite absurd & offensive to us fellow Aussies. We are treated like the convict stock from whence this country was first established and eventually colonised.

If a thief invades your home & you attack him/her...you are liable & could be charged with assault!!!! ( the invader can sue you!!!????!!!! :speechles .... :icon1: :mad: :mad: ).....Same goes for booby trapping your home...you can be sued & taken to court. Also any person walking on your land/property & falls over your hose, path way, landscaping debris, tree branch...practically anything on your land that 'could' be a danger....they can sue you !!!! :mad: Madness.

I also find the law of 'Pool Fencing' quite ridiculous. People say 'to keep the children safe'.....well perhaps they should get off their lazy arses and actually teach their children how to swim from toddler age. ...or teach their children not to wander into other neighbours yards...or care for their children better (get off the lounge and actually supervise/entertain your child!!).

Actually, stupid, lazy, money grabbing people have caused the changes with the laws.......

I'm glad I live where I can choose to take a thief/home invader's head off with my sword, my Glock 9mm, or my general preference, with my arm or a kick to the head.

TheAnglian
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 11:07 PM

In New York State, a BAC of more than .05% is evidence that your ability is impaired by alcohol (DWAI or driving while ability impaired). A BAC of .08% or more is evidence of intoxication (DWI, driving while intoxicated, and/or driving with a BAC of .08 or more.) Under New York's Zero Tolerance Law, drivers under age 21 may be detained for driving with as little as .02% BAC.

* Is Voting Compulsory?

no

no

* Banned Guns?

only "assault" weapons

yes

yes

Yes, however New York has not had an execution since 1976.

no

no

Death and the Sun
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Some additions to Louhi's post regarding the laws in Finland:

* Banned Guns?

If you want a handgun to keep at home, it's almost impossible. You can get a gun to keep in a locked safe at a shooting club pretty easily though.

The law says you have to wear a helmet when riding a bike, but the police don't enforce that law, at least not here in the capital area.

Unfortunately no.

There's been one or two occasions when I afterwards wished such a ban was in place ... :icon_redf

Certainly not. I've never even heard it proposed. The only time I ever have problems with my steelcap boots is when I try to board an airplane.

Náttfari
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 11:41 PM
The only time I ever have problems with my steelcap boots is when I try to board an airplane.

Hmmm, I'm going abroad in a while. What do you have to do? Pull them off at the metal detector?

Death and the Sun
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Hmmm, I'm going abroad in a while. What do you have to do? Pull them off at the metal detector?

So far, no. I just go through the that doorway with the metal detectors and BEEEP!!

And then they search me with those metal-detecting batons. As soon as they start beeping when they reach the tips of my feet, they usually see what the problem is and leave me alone. I've never had to take them off so far.

Lissu
Saturday, March 12th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Hmmm, I'm going abroad in a while. What do you have to do? Pull them off at the metal detector?One friend of mine had to do that :tongue: But it's not such a big deal to take the shoes off for a while.

Draugr
Saturday, March 12th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Want to know how to sneak metal through a metal detector, surround it with a wet electrolyte solution, like the stainless steal plate and seven screws in my ankle (but a staple in my pocket will set it off, go figure!)

Schutz_Staffeln
Saturday, March 12th, 2005, 04:50 AM

Australian laws i feel have been solely built around the central idea of removing all weapons from the hands of private citizens........ unfortunatly i have done alot of security work and am aware of those laws......... and many more but the one that interests me mostly is the elderly gentleman from Sydney who is risking a $50,000AUS fine over having a Australian flag flying in AUSTRALIA!!!!!!! i wonder how the average American would feel if they were told they risked a fine that large for being nothing more then a simply man whom fought for his country and was proud of it ?

As for pool safety laws peoples children wouldnt be in that trouble if they were being watched by there parents!!! so in that respect i completely agree...............

I think we only have to thank the "honourable" bah!!! Monash (jew) for putting down the White Australia rebellion in the 1930's for the trouble we are in today.............. :viking2:

There is however light at the end of the road however regarding the laws of personal protection and house safety or the lack of........

There is a law currently somewhere in the English legal system which if pasted will make it impossible for a invader in your home to sue you and for you to defend yourself :viking1:

As for whats happened to this law or what are the exact details i am trying to trace down but if i hear anything in regards to this i will be sure to post it as a matter of interest :costumed-

When will our governemnt learn that we are faced by over 1 Billion Asians on our doorstep with a standing population of 20 million and let its people arm themselves?