PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do For A Living? / Are You Currently Employed?

Pages : [1] 2

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 01:39 AM
I am a second year Student at the University of Maryland. Majoring in International Business.

bocian
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 01:42 AM
I am a carpenter/contractor.

My Mother is a classical musician. My Father a photographer, who for the better part of his life has been a carpeneter as well.

I sometimes wish I was in another field, especially since I learnt how to play the Piano at the tender age of 4. Sadly, I no longer play. :|

RusViking
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 02:03 AM
Information Technology.

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
store clerk for now. Im studying law and sociology.

NormanBlood
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 02:06 AM
Nearing highschool graduation. Working in a fast food restaurant unfortuantely for the past 7 or so months, before that was doing temp work for a Funds company;( I have enough money now for university (I do not spend very much money) so it'll all be over soon...thankfully *rollseyes*

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 04:22 AM
what do you mean by temp work?

NormanBlood
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 04:29 AM
what do you mean by temp work?

Temporary. This means that you are called in when needed..though I basically went in everyday cause everyone else that applied was either rather...slow(some strange "actor" students etc.), or an immigrant. It was quite an easy job, just preparing envelopes to be sent out all around the country. I was 15 or so when I was doing that. Though it was very boring (10 dollars an hour though..which is good for University funds).

Disease
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Student, senior years. Recently became unemployed when I quit... not really looking for another job just yet.

Johannes de León
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 11:23 AM
Really?? I really love that...
You do things manually or more industrialized?

I am a student, but i also work, mostly in weekends, in a video store, is that how you say in english?? you know, the place where you can rent a movie to watch at home, and then you have to return it, i work on that, i stand behind the balcony watching movies all day long... isn't that nice? :D

Zyklop
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Working iron and steel.

Allenson
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
I work on the gardening and grounds crew of a college as well as doing my own work in the same field on the side for wealthy clients. I also have a small personal business drawing maps for magazines and books. It's a diverse income. ;)

My gal and I also have extensive vegetable gardens and a small orchard from which we eat--and this is basically a full-time job in and of itself. :P

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2004, 03:52 PM

My Mother is a classical musician. My Father a photographer, who for the better part of his life has been a carpeneter as well.

I sometimes wish I was in another field, especially since I learnt how to play the Piano at the tender age of 4. Sadly, I no longer play. :|

:) There is nothing wrong with being a carpenter!...I have a soft spot for males who are good with their hands & do physical work. ;)

bocian
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2004, 10:26 PM
Really?? I really love that...
You do things manually or more industrialized?

I got into the field at 16, a few days after quitting high school. :D Mostly we concentrate on Floors, Stairs, and various other aspects of carpentry, all being manual labour of course . At 19 my brother and I started up our own business. Our whole workload is concentrated on private residential work, and even though we can hire people to do most of the work for us (and often do) we still do actual 'physical labour' on a daily basis.

It's tough work, after almost eight years of doing this, I am really starting to feel the effects (back, knees). :(

There are of course positives and negatives to every job, and this one is no exception. My biggest motivation for going to work every morning is that I can make more money than most University grads. :P The hours are always flexible, and I don't need to ask for permission when I want a day off or take a vacation. Most importantly, on a hot day like today I can always pop open a cold beer :guinness and not worry about a 'boss' giving me shit, believe me when I tell you, this is priceless ;) . This of course doesn't necessarily mean that I'm getting rich, but it sure beats working in a warehouse, driving a truck, or working at a fast food restaurant.

A grade 10 education doesn't give you many options. :)

bocian
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2004, 10:31 PM
:) I have a soft spot for males who are good with their hands & do physical work. ;)

Really? I have a soft spot for beer brewing females... :D

Cheers! :prost

Krampus
Thursday, June 24th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I work in a technical field, but I am seeking a career shift to finance or accounting. I make 20% less working for a different company today than I did in the late 90's, very depressing. I've thought about taking some additional accounting classes and studying to take the CPA as accounting and finance are disciplines they don't seem quite so eager to ship overseas yet.

Renwein
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 01:38 AM
I've just finished my first year at university, studying music. In between stacking shelves for loose change, which is the job i've had for the last 2½ years :|

Freja
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 08:02 AM
My husband and I own and run two gas stations. In addition, I´m a freelance journalist.

Zyklop
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM
:) There is nothing wrong with being a carpenter!...I have a soft spot for males who are good with their hands & do physical work. ;)

But wood is for the wimps :D :P ;)

Mistress Klaus
Friday, June 25th, 2004, 01:14 PM
But wood is for the wimps :D :P ;)

:D You're saying that because you work with Iron & Steel. ( :P sexy too).

norcalnative1971
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I am a professional Thought Criminal. LOL :D

Northern Paladin
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I am a professional Thought Criminal. LOL

I thought I was alone. :P

luhwind
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:57 AM
texa n hostage

Japetos
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I do nothing. :)

NSFreja
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I run my own business now...engraving glass...
Before that i worked as a nurse and im educated in archaeology, history, economy etc....

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Nice Pieces. Quite Nationalistic as well.

How does engraving glass work? Who buys those kinda of pieces?

Prince Eugen
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I have a university diploma in pharmacy but right now i'm working in family store and i do private lessons (physics,maths,chemistry) in high school kids.

NSFreja
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Nice Pieces. Quite Nationalistic as well.

How does engraving glass work? Who buys those kinda of pieces?
So far it's mostly nationalistic people that have bought them, because they can't get it form anyone else. They are handengraved and to be honest, everyone loves them (luck for me) ;)

I do "personally" glass too, for birthdays, marriages and so on...not only nationalistic.
Most popular though is the glass with the scull...and also other glass with, hmmm, swastikas, thors hammer etc...

I do logo's for clubs, parties etc too and many private customers, everyone like to have a glass with their unique picture/text.

I don't do portraits and landscapes though, take to much time ;)

/M

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I do logo's for clubs, parties etc too and many private customers, everyone like to have a glass with their unique picture/text.So if I sent you a design, you could make a set for me? Is the glass good quality? Can you etch Runes?

NSFreja
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:42 PM
So if I sent you a design, you could make a set for me? Is the glass good quality? Can you etch Runes?
Email me a picture, and i'll see what i can do....and yes, i can engrave runes...

/M

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Vanished no longer. Welcome back. It's great to see you have finally reappeared!

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Can you do something like this? Maybe with more simplicity.

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Vanished no longer.Duties carried me elsewhere for a bit.

Welcome back. It's great to see you have finally reappeared!Thank you. :wave

NSFreja
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Can you do something like this? Maybe with more simplicity.
Of course i can do that one :)

I can engrave a glass, then send you the pic of it, after that you can decide if you want it or not....ok?
/M

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Of course i can do that one :)

I can engrave a glass, then send you the pic of it, after that you can decide if you want it or not....ok?
/MDeal!

Do you have a website to show them off?

NSFreja
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Deal!

Do you have a website to show them off?
Not yet, soon though, as soon as i have repaired my PC....lol

Maybe i can get s simple page up this week, dunno....i can PM you about it later when it's done

/M

Thulean Imperial Inquisitor
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 08:03 PM
At the moment I work in a factory, my grandfather owns it.

Wow, theese glasses are superb! I would relly like a glass with the Totenkofp. Extremely nice.

Gesta Bellica
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 08:22 PM
I work in the IT department of a bank

NSFreja
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 10:32 PM
At the moment I work in a factory, my grandfather owns it.

Wow, theese glasses are superb! I would relly like a glass with the Totenkofp. Extremely nice.

Thanks, feels good when people like what i do :)

/M

Patria
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 10:39 PM
What do you do for a living?I was employed as software developer and project manager. I quit my job and started to build up my own Information Technology business.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks, feels good when people like what i do

I am sure there is more where that came from. ;)

bocian
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I was employed as software developer and project manager. I quit my job and started to build up my own Information Technology business.

Good for you! That's the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

aus_princess
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
im a senior studying economics at university, graduate in november and i waitress for a catering company on the weekend, i get good tips :)

George
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I am a farmer. Soon I shall join the Army. I think that you should all join the army too and help me with the revolution.

aus_princess
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I am a farmer. Soon I shall join the Army. I think that you should all join the army too and help me with the revolution.
na i just got my hair and nails done :)

<---- doesnt like dirt.

Northern Paladin
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM

What Army is this that will fight for White Nationalism?
A Revolution? Under current conditions a Revolution is not likely.

George
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 08:32 PM
na i just got my hair and nails done :)

<---- doesnt like dirt.Oh, I always like women in uniform, especially nurses, especially army nurses! Being clean definitely is a bonus though, although some may prefer dirty girls. ;)

Nevermind, I bet you can make yourself useful elsewhere. :)

--------

What Army is this that will fight for White Nationalism?
A Revolution? Under current conditions a Revolution is not likely..No, a revolution is not likely at this time, however within our lifetimes Whites will become a minority in the main countries, America, U.K., Germany etc., and once that has happened it would take a miracle for us to avoid extinction. Therefore I think that we shall have to attempt a revolution before that happens, and we shall have to start and win a civil war. This will involve one part of the army in each country (us) fighting the other part (non-Whites and Commies).

-------

P.S. People should bear in mind that as society breaks down, they and their families would be safe inside a military base while people are going nuts outside.

Johannes de León
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 08:36 PM
however within our lifetimes Whites will become a minority in the main countries Do you really think that that will happen during our lifetimes? :scratch

George
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Do you really think that that will happen during our lifetimes? :scratch
Assuming that we don't die young, yes, I'm sure of it. The biggest group will probably then be mixed-race.

Mac Seafraidh
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I am a second year Student at the University of Maryland. Majoring in International Business.
Good question for the Lounge. I have a friend that goes to that school as well. I just moved away from Maryland a year ago. Anyway, right now I am still doing nothing and I just gotta kick myself in the arse to get up and do something.

Esther_Helena
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I am a prehistory major at a community college. That doesn't mean pre as in dinosaurs and neanderthals. It means pre-degree. People always mess that up. I have no job.

svartabrandr
Monday, July 19th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I am going to be starting my third and final year in college after summer. I am taking an information technology. As for a job I am a part time worker at a store. Only for a few weeks more though since it is closing. :~(

NSFreja
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 02:59 PM
This is what I do for living:
http://www.frejasgravyr.se

/M

:hveðrungur:
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 03:10 PM
Work for a local store delivering furnature, couches, tv's, and other big heavy things people order/buy from said store. Yep, working class stiff :D

cosmocreator
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 06:49 PM
I used to be a machinist. Made parts for laser guided missles and satellites. Now I'm a struggling actor, writer, director, producer.

Shaun
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 08:25 PM
I am working at a Summer Job in a meat processing plant (I'm the only person who actually likes the 2 degrees celcius temperature). I am going to pursue university to become a doctor.

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
I am working at a Summer Job in a meat processing plant (I'm the only person who actually likes the 2 degrees celcius temperature). I am going to pursue university to become a doctor.I've had a similar job myself, Shaun, so I know precisely how such a job is. :-| ;)

Well, I ditched that job long again, and as for me now, I'm a sailor....I captain and command the 2 below longships, and me and my pals sail around the Mediterranean raiding the shorelines and rivers seeking any gold, silver, and jewels we can find. We have a 'hands-off' policy toward the women, though, since we don't find them attractive! LOL ;) :D

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=300&stc=1

Hehehe! ;) :D

Allenson
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 12:09 PM
Horticulture & aboriculture (gardening & tree work)--the suject my undergrad work was in.

I was teaching for a while but found the trees and plants more to my liking that I did oppressive administrations and pain-in-the-neck-parents. ;)

I also draw maps for books and magazines on the side.

Nordhammer
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 01:25 PM
Computer technician, and caretaker of 13 acres, as well as caring for horses, dogs, and cats. Taking care of that much land is a big job but I don't want people on my property, especially nonwhites, and it would cost me $2000+ annually if I hired people.

Timo
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 04:40 PM
Student, also work at resaurant

Northern Paladin
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 08:27 PM
I am a College student and I work part time as a Junior IT Tech.

Freja
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 09:28 AM
I work as a freelance journalist, alongside working in my husbands company (he runs two gas stations) and being a mother. We also live on a small farm, so there are horses and hens to tend to. I can certainly say I haven´t a boring minute. :D

haviaja
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 12:54 PM
At the moment slaughterer, telemarketer and salesman.next month I'm back in school

Milesian
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM
International exports & imports + back at university studying languages

Prussian_Mystic
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
Im a Full time Studently Basiclly,But I am job Searching for a Part time Job

AngryPotato
Wednesday, August 4th, 2004, 04:10 AM
I do computer support for a well known, international Fortune 500 company. Tomorrow I will be getting a promotion from support to analyst (no bragging) :p I'll be a licensed real estate agent within the next month and I try to take 1-2 courses per semester in order to finally finish up my degree. In my spare time I also raid coastal villages for their valuables, fine food, and blue eyed women. :rolleyes:

BGgirl
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I work in the summers-each year something diferent,u know...in pub,in shop,now I'm in a mall...And the rest of the year...well,I'm a student too.

kinvolk
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM
I've had a similar job myself, Shaun, so I know precisely how such a job is. :-| ;)

Well, I ditched that job long again, and as for me now, I'm a sailor....I captain and command the 2 below longships, and me and my pals sail around the Mediterranean raiding the shorelines and rivers seeking any gold, silver, and jewels we can find. We have a 'hands-off' policy toward the women, though, since we don't find them attractive! LOL ;) :D

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=300&stc=1

Hehehe! ;) :D
I lost my job last night. So can I come raiding and plundering with you Suomut? :viking4: :viking3: I was a logger for my first 25 years of life. Now I am a high-end bartender. In addition to being Minister of Culture and a royal pain in the ass!

Loki
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Financial analyst. Run a "racist", "hate-filled" website in my spare time. :rotfl:

kinvolk
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Financial analyst. Run a "racist", "hate-filled" website in my spare time. :rotfl:
Racist and Hate-filled? Sounds interesting. Where can I find it??? :icon_razz

Mistress Klaus
Friday, August 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Musician, hausfrau, lover, cook, gardener, home-brewer, mother of 2 cats & 1 man. :biggrin: He looks after me & I look after him. :viking3: Looking to getting back to regular employment (part-time) soon after our house renovations are finished.

NSFreja
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 12:54 PM
New things will be added under "New stuff"

/M

Hersir_Hasteinn
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I have the privelege of holding the honorary title of freelance bum. I currently have no job, and will probably be going into college poor and will have to work during the symester alongside studying for classes.

EDIT - On the other hand, I suppose you could call me an artist. I've sold a couple artworks here and there, but certainly not enough to make a living for.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I have the privelege of holding the honorary title of freelance bum. I currently have no job, and will probably be going into college poor and will have to work during the symester alongside studying for classes.

EDIT - On the other hand, I suppose you could call me an artist. I've sold a couple artworks here and there, but certainly not enough to make a living for.

What do you draw? Is your avatar something you drew if so you've got real talent.

SaveEurope
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 04:19 AM
I don't have a jon, but I am a compuiter engineering sophmore at the local university.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 05:44 AM
What do you draw? Is your avatar something you drew if so you've got real talent.

I don't only draw (though that is what i mainly do), I occassionally paint (which I royally suck at), sometimes try to do something constructive with clay, and more recently I've stolen a large boulder out of my neighbors yard and started to try to teach myself how to work stone. I'd like to be able to make my own collosal Rune Stones in the future. (The bastard must have weighed over two hundred pounds! And here I am trying to sneak it away in the middle of the night from across the boulevard!)

Sadly, I can't say the drawing is mine. I tried finding where I got it from... but I couldn't. If you saw the original, un-resized drawing, I doubt you'd think it's as good because there's a lot of squiggly lines and you can tell it's just a quick sketch. But I like the mood it gives off. If i can get my camera working, and the pictures uploaded, I could show off the half-portrait picture I drew, along with my 18x24" Mountain Drawing that took me forever-and-a-day to complete. I'll try to do that sometime over the next couple days.

EDIT: DOH! Forgot to answer your question. I draw numberous things, but it usually boils down to Dark Age and Medieval things (fight scenes, concepts of how people and armor might look in a certain position.) When I do draw fight scenes or the such, they usually have some Romantic (not in the love sense) undertone; such as the reason of the first column of men charging into a practical wall of spears, or like the drawing I'm currently working on where a Valkyrie is standing over the dying body of a warrior who has his hand outstretched towards her. Otherwise I just try to people (ok, women usually... but not in that way!) and make it so they they look actually real and believable - That's what got me so interested in Physical Anthropology in the first place. When I'm not doing that... I try to do some occassional landscapes. Mountains, usually.

Northern Paladin
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 06:17 AM
I don't only draw (though that is what i mainly do), I occassionally paint (which I royally suck at), sometimes try to do something constructive with clay, and more recently I've stolen a large boulder out of my neighbors yard and started to try to teach myself how to work stone. (The bastard must have weighed over two hundred pounds! And here I am trying to sneak it away in the middle of the night from across the boulevard!)

Sadly, I can't say the drawing is mine. I tried finding where I got it from... but I couldn't. If you saw the original, un-resized drawing, I doubt you'd think it's as good because there's a lot of squiggly lines and you can tell it's just a quick sketch. But I like the mood it gives off. If i can get my camera working, and the pictures uploaded, I could show off the half-portrait picture I drew, along with my 18x24" Mountain Drawing that took me forever-and-a-day to complete. I'll try to do that sometime over the next couple days.

Being skilled in Oil Painting is something really hard to accomplish. Half of it is just having Natural talent and feel for the canvas. I've tried it a few times in Art class but could only come up with Mediocre works.

You know not all Rocks can be chazeled and made into artwork. Only the softer rocks work. Marble is the best. It would be nice to get a chance and see some of your works. How do you sell your works by the way? I knew someone who has been quite successful selling their artwork on eBay.

I like to draw myself. I've been fond of doodling since I was a kid. Here's a few sketchs. The first two are mine the rest are my friends but I think they are really good examples of how realistic a sketch can be. Tell me what you think.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 06:31 AM
I've gotten some pointers from a brother of one of my father's friends who used to (still does?) work at a Quarry. Obviously I'm not getting hardcore artistic knowledge, but basic things like how to handle a hammer and chisel, and sheer off a smooth surface.

About your drawings, I really like them and I think they're really good, your friend is really quite good also, especially if you did them straight from your head. (I recognize the Night Elf Warden from TFT. Looks like it should belong in the strategy guide or something.) That's what I've been trying to get really good at lately, drawing stuff from my head. I don't always get it just right or the way I want it. However if you give my a picture to work from and I can produce something I can really be proud of (but at the same time, that depresses me because I'd like to be that good without a picture.)

Northern Paladin
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 06:42 AM
About your drawings, I really like them and I think they're really good, your friend is really quite good also, especially if you did them straight from your head. (I recognize the Night Elf Warden from TFT. Looks like it should belong in the strategy guide or something.) That's what I've been trying to get really good at lately, drawing stuff from my head. I don't always get it just right or the way I want it. However if you give my a picture to work from and I can produce something I can really be proud of (but at the same time, that depresses me because I'd like to be that good without a picture.)

Keep working on it. I still need something to look at to come up with something really good. But lately I have been getting better at drawing stuff entirely from my head. The more you sketch the better you become at it.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Hopefully so. I've only been really trying to work at drawing for the past couple years, so I'm hoping in time I'm rather good at it.

Mistress Klaus
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 10:41 AM
New things will be added under "New stuff"

/M

:) Nice Totenkopf glass! (Actually I mean't to reply to your post from the beginning ;) ). Looks like a fun business. (How much would that Totenkopf glass cost in Australian dollars?) :bier: I want one!

NSFreja
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 03:21 PM
:) Nice Totenkopf glass! (Actually I mean't to reply to your post from the beginning ;) ). Looks like a fun business. (How much would that Totenkopf glass cost in Australian dollars?) :bier: I want one!
I have sent you a PM about it :)

/M

Oskorei
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I am a Cog in the Wheel.

Yggdrasil
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Well after school, i did some construction working then i went to the US for 2 years, then i worked as a landscaper and now as a assistant chef.

PS: @Guest that glass with the skull looks cool!

Nightmare_Gbg
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 08:54 PM
I agree,the tottenkopf glass is very cool.But so are the rest of them too.

Carl Rylander
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I prepare tax returns.

Evolved
Monday, August 23rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
I build birdhouses. I haven't sold many though. I'll have to get a "real job" soon. :scratch:

Von Braun
Monday, August 23rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
I work for Uncle Shithead. I have a healthy disrespect for my employer (see my avatar). Isn't that the American way?

kinvolk
Tuesday, September 21st, 2004, 02:10 AM
I build birdhouses. I haven't sold many though. I'll have to get a "real job" soon. :scratch:
Build birdhouses!!!??? You are SOOOOOOO cool!

NSFreja
Friday, October 22nd, 2004, 09:41 AM
Some images i've done and can't show on my homepage...

/M

Verslingen
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 01:41 AM
I was just wondering what everyone does for a living. I am a fisherman. I go out to sea snag a netful of fish and slice em and pack with ice.

:hveðrungur:
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I used to work out of a warehouse for a store in my town, loading and unloading tables, chairs, tv's, washers, dryers, beds, freezers, fridges, dressers ect ect. It was a shitty job moving heavy stuff for a light paycheck. Right now I am a total loser with no job LOL!!! But then again its winter here, -40 weather, I pay my rent here with my folks now chopping firewood and keeping the house warm in the winter, not to mention saving money on the ellectric heating bill, that makes up for living here I think.

nicholas
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 02:04 AM
I'm in college so i'm living off tuition.

Jack
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Just finished high school, I've applied for a job at an ALDI's supermarket (the Germans might recognise that - yes, the Germans do economic imperialism too :P), which should be good. And between early and the middle of next year I'll apply for the Army reserves here, mechanised infantry. Which should be good.

AngryPotato
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Support & Software/Hardware analyst

Nothing flashy, but I get to work with a lot of big name companies.

nicholas
Sunday, December 5th, 2004, 03:24 AM
And between early and the middle of next year I'll apply for the Army reserves here, mechanised infantry. Which should be good.
it will be very good. I would've joined the military but my poor genetics don't allow it.

Much respect for any who choose the job of military person.

nick

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, December 8th, 2004, 12:34 AM
I'm an Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physics and Earth Sciences, though, what I actually taught was geology and astronomy, for 32 years at the college and University levels. I retired in the summer of 1987 and now live on a state
pension and Social Security.

QuietWind
Saturday, December 11th, 2004, 09:09 PM
I work part time (less than 10 hours a week) as an administrative consultant at a day care. Basically, I help them manage the center, and offer suggestion on how they can better run their facility. AND my most important job, I am a stay at home mom with two wonderful children. I cook, clean, and I am going to begin homeschooling my daughter in a week. I am so excited!

Kräuterhexe
Saturday, December 11th, 2004, 09:38 PM
a poor student ;)

Phill
Saturday, December 11th, 2004, 10:26 PM
a poor student ;)

You're not alone. Heh.

Northern Paladin
Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I am a student in College majoring in business. My 2nd year now. I have a part time job doing some computer work.

Kräuterhexe
Sunday, December 12th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Year ,i do a part time job too.

Ewergrin
Friday, December 24th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Electronics basically.
Specializing in the configuration, installation, and certification of Hill-Rom ComLinx Nurse Communication Module systems, as well as similiar systems. We also configure, install and certify large scale surveillance systems, primarily in healthcare facilities, as well as antenna systems.

Scandinavian-girl
Sunday, January 9th, 2005, 11:24 PM
So what is it that you all do for a living? As for me I'm a Junior in College, majoring in Education. I also have a part time job at an office. Currently I am on break and basically do nothing except for shop and hang out with friends. :bier:

Loki
Sunday, January 9th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Financial analyst

jcs
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 11:53 AM
High school senior; avoiding whoring myself out for a buck at the moment (alas, it is inevitable). :laugh:

edit: by "whoring," I mean selling my time for money, not literally whoring myself out. heh.

Rolf Eder
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Lawyer.

Blood_Axis
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Ι have a BA in Psychology, two years lab work in Neuroscience, and currently I am working in the University of Athens as a research assistant. It sounds fancy, but I am still overworked and underpaid, as most employees in Greece. ;)

friedrich braun
Monday, January 10th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Lawyer.

Nightmare_Gbg
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 12:16 AM
what do i do for my paycheck?Not enough according to my boss :biggrin:

Von Braun
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Bureaucratic mole ;)

Patria
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Software Developer (self-employed)

Freja
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Used to work as a journalist, before I had my (two first :tongue: ) children.
Now I help DH out doing paperwork and marketing in his company, and have started my own small business, too. (Still not off the ground...)

NSFreja
Tuesday, January 11th, 2005, 09:26 AM
I have my own business (engrave glass and making chainmaille in silver) when i don't think i have enough with that, i work as a nurse.

I also have education in pshycology, pshyciatry (dunno if i spelled that right), economics, archaeology and history.

/M

Lucks_Briar
Thursday, January 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
High-school student, and part-time beggar.... "Daaaad?, do you have 5 bucks?" :D

Northern Paladin
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I'm a 3rd year College Student and work part time with computers.

Thobjorn
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 10:24 PM
i am a burger flipper, and a musician. >_>

Xanthochroid
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Sleeping warrior... :viking1:

celticlove
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I am currently in my senior year of high school. I'm working on a novel at the moment.

Draugr
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 11:38 PM
I am a Junior Classics major who can't get a work study job because I'm too white and not a female. Most of the jobs I have work have been dirty stinking manual labor jobs (bagging and delivering ice and water and salt, chopping wood with a log spliter, and kitchen help warning never eat in a cafeteria!)
Other than being unemployable college student, I am a drunk.

Graviton
Sunday, February 27th, 2005, 11:47 PM
3rd year astrophysics student. Interesting but very hard. :scratch:

SouthernBoy
Monday, February 28th, 2005, 12:18 AM
I am a professional smart***. The pay is bad, but my commute is short. :rofl:

alphaknave
Tuesday, March 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
I am a student planning to become computer engineer, but I also have a large interest in music and possible money from that.

Torn_Humana
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005, 12:21 AM
Student with no future decided as of yet, I am a black metal vocalist and have quite a musical ear.

Bismark
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005, 02:58 AM
In Med School. I also work 27 hours a week as an auditor/bookkeeper/clerk, depending on what you want to call it. It’s not great, but it helps make ends meet, and I should only have to do it for a couple of more years.

Patria
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005, 03:14 AM
Software Developer & IT Security Consultant

Blutwölfin
Friday, April 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM
Journalist for a monthly high gloss women magazine, photographer .

Landser_
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 02:32 PM
What is your occupation? When I asked a similar question on phora, everyone responded with things along the lines of "out of work pizza delivery boy".

Myself- co-op engineer at a software/engineering firm.

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I am a psychologist in the process of searching for a new career, since this one is fruitless. Have worked exlusively in the field of lab & clinical research here, which is very interesting but it doesn't pay well, as research funds are very poor in Greece.

Nightmare_Gbg
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Security/Bouncer.

Stig NHF
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Student.

Lundi
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Graphical Designer and Web Designer

Glory
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Right now I'm a part time landscaper. And I'm the only white person there, oh joy.

Nightmare_Gbg
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Right now I'm a part time landscaper. And I'm the only white person there, oh joy.
Sound's like heaven.

newenstad
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Been in the army. Now I´m working as an event engineer.

Wissen ist Macht
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Student :coffee:

Death and the Sun
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I'm going to start a new job in a library next Tuesday. Being a librarian may not be the most exciting or sexy job in the world, but it's a living. Besides I've always been pretty security-conscious when it comes to work.

Constantinus
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I'm going to start a new job in a library next Tuesday. Being a librarian may not be the most exciting or sexy job in the world, but it's a living. Besides I've always been pretty security-conscious when it comes to work.

Hi Eldritch. Welcome back. Congrats with your new job.

hauer
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I've decided to take a sabbatical year from school and work a little, but I'm still unemployed. :rolleyes:

Naggaroth
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
What is your occupation? When I asked a similar question on phora, everyone responded with things along the lines of "out of work pizza delivery boy".

Myself- co-op engineer at a software/engineering firm.
Normally I'm a student, but during the summertime I'm working in a warehouse packing food to a great many people. Right now I'm working at the national dairies packing chees to humans in Germany, Canada, Great Britain and around in Norway. And this is a really boring job!

HIM
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Being a librarian may not be the most exciting or sexy job in the world.

Sure it is. Haven't you seen that made-for-TV movie, The Librarian? :D

Right now I'm a student full time. But I also have a full time job working with mentally challenged adults. It's a pretty sweet deal because I don't have to do much of anything and I end up just surfing the web, watching TV, and taking naps. :P

anonymaus
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 07:49 PM
This post may not safe for work :P

I'm a

Graphical Designer and Web Designer

:icon12:

It can be plenty exciting, Eldritch. Just ask yourself: "What would Conan the Librarian do?"

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5664&stc=1&d=1123786109

:viking1:

Glory
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Sound's like heaven.
Haha yea. It's mostly illegals who don't speak a word of English except "hey blondie" and the other muds that work there are negros who are ex convicts basically.

Heirs To Perdition
Thursday, August 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Right now, I stock shelves in the "Grim and Frostbitten" freezer for the unholy forces of Walmart(:frown: ) but do plan of making something of myself and going back to school for something. I'm stuck in hell....

Nordgau
Friday, August 12th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Right now I'm a student full time. But I also have a full time job working with mentally challenged adults. It's a pretty sweet deal because I don't have to do much of anything and I end up just surfing the web, watching TV, and taking naps. :P

You lucky dog are payed for hanging around at the Northern European forum? :D

Zyklop
Friday, August 12th, 2005, 10:26 AM
What is your occupation?
Working steel.

Triglav
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Full-time student, part-time manual labourer and brain-worker.

SouthernBoy
Saturday, August 13th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Parasite/Student. :rofl:

PsycholgclMishap
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 04:57 PM
I think I vaguely remember a thread of this nature but I figure with so many new members it's a good topic of discussion.

I am a "Jane of All Trades"...
I am the Coordinator (or Director) of two departments and the Administrator (less fancy title for Office Manager in my case) in a legal research and document processing company. I am also a Legal Research Coordinator for the company's sister-company, a collections and construction defect law firm.

In my spare time, I am also the Founder/Owner of a music promotions company and booking agency...

Blutwölfin
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
I'm a freelance journalist. This means I'm hanging around at home and don't work too much. I'm having quite a lazy time, to be honest. :D

Blood_Axis
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
I've got a B.A. in Psychology and so far I've almost exclusively worked in academic settings. Either as a researcher, or as administrative staff, and also as teaching assistant.

I've also done a couple of non-serious things on the side to increase my income, such as bar-tending, secretarial work or data management for an internet news portal :P

Currently, I am looking for a serious job that I can settle down with. My best shot at this moment is some administrative position in a college ;)

Blood_Axis
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
I'm a freelance journalist. This means I'm hanging around at home and don't work too much. I'm having quite a lazy time, to be honest. :D
That's cool! :D

All the more time for you to be creative ;)

I just hope you're being payed well. During the last months that I've been out of a serious job, I love being lazy but I can barely meet my expenses. :(

Ewergrin
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Renaissance man, extraordinaire. :D :rolleyes:

For 10 years I worked as a carpenter and foreman in the commercial construction industry. Seven of those years were with the same company. During the last 4 of those years I was also working for my father-in-law's company installing data/cable/phone systems in hospitals and very large homes. I now work fulltime for him. We don't do homes anymore. Now, we specialize in the configuration, installation, and certification of Hill-Rom NCS (Nurse Call System.) We install these in major hospitals and rehabilitaion facilities around the southern U.S.

Alizon Device
Monday, October 3rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
I dropped out of University when I was 21, and it was downhill from there, really! :D

Somehow, I ended up driving a forklift truck in a factory that made bubble bath, pot pourri, soap, and all things sweet smelling.

Then I decided I wanted to work with the Great Unwashed, so now I'm a cashier in an amusement arcade (gambling den). I like the hours and it's different every day, but it just funds my first priority, Music. :)

Gorm the Old
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 03:24 AM
I have been retired for 18 years and have devoted my time to doing things that I want to do, such as painting (landscapes and flowers, mostly in acrylics) learning to play the harpsichord, cruising, and listening to my enormous collection of recordings, including everything from Edison cylinders to CD's. Prior to retirement, I taught geology and sometimes astronomy in a state university for 29 years and in a private school for 3 years before that. I also did a little geological consulting and worked for a while in soils testing for the State Highway Department (now Department of Transportation).

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I have been retired for 18 years and have devoted my time to doing things that I want to do, such as painting (landscapes and flowers, mostly in acrylics) learning to play the harpsichord, cruising, and listening to my enormous collection of recordings, including everything from Edison cylinders to CD's. Prior to retirement, I taught geology and sometimes astronomy in a state university for 29 years and in a private school for 3 years before that. I also did a little geological consulting and worked for a while in soils testing for the State Highway Department (now Department of Transportation).
Wow! Very impressive! Congratulations on a life full of work and leisure! ;)

Ewergrin
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Like a rodbuster, or fabricator? Erection?

Ewergrin
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Um, what is that?

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Germans are well known for engineering products like those. :)

Allenson
Tuesday, October 4th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Germans are well known for engineering products like those. :)

Absolutely. ;)

I draw maps for books and magazines and I also do gardening and tree work. Call it a diversified income. :P

nickymuench
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Here i start a Poll because i am interesstet in your doing. If you have some work, what you work? If you are Study-What you study ect.

I have forgott if you in a formation/ or if you work normally in a company, so i say sorry. Please write me this here in the Thread. Thank you :)

Viele liebe Grüße
NickyMuench

nickymuench
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Please can change a moderator or Ewergrin my mistake? Thank you :)
-Ich bin in der Ausbildung/ i make a formation now
- Ich bin fest angestellt/i am permanent employee

Gorm the Old
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Work ? What's that ? I've been retired for 19 years. So, am I bored ? NO WAY! Am I idle ? NO WAY ! I taught at the college/university level for 32 years, 29 of them at the same school. What I can't understand today is How did I find time to go over to the University five days a week and teach ?

Aside from trying to maintain and improve a 92-year-old house, I have enough hobbies and activities to keep me busy for at least three lifetimes. In no day do I ever succeed in doing everything I had intended to.

I do not miss teaching. Today's students aren't as serious about their studies as those I had back in the 1950's and 1960's. The whole atmosphere in the university is very different from what it was then. I can only describe it as anti-intellectual. This I could accept, grudgingly, in the students, but when I find it in the FACULTY, that's too much.

I was "burnt out" three years before I retired. I went through the motions and tried to do my best , but I was painfully aware that what I was doing was NOT what my best had been. The enthusiasm and the satisfaction were gone.

One of my colleagues was wondering whether to retire or continue for a few more years. I told him, "Sam, when it's time to retire, you'll know it." He 'phoned a me a few months later and said just three words: "I know it."

Aside from some health problems, retirement has been the happiest years of my life. I recommend it VERY highly. :D

Sigurd
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Second year student of Laws and (Comparative) European Legal Studies in Aberdeen, Scotland. ;)

brian
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Besides doing freelance computer programming, I study computer science. This is my last year ... before I go to graduate school.

Pørdy Mountain
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm studying English at Vestfold College, Norway. This is two different courses that have been merged together, where the one part focuses more on teaching English in schools, grammar and phonetics, whilst the other deals with literature, history, geography and oral-exercises. (I thought this was only a course for advanced learners, but seeing my class, I now know it's not...)

Other than that I have a part-time job at a local grocery store/supermarket, trying to be nice to all the customers.. ;)

Ælfhere
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Full time truck driver/dangerous goods specialist. I don't have a college degree or anything so this is probably the best I'll get. The pay is pretty good and there's not too much manual labor involved.

Other than that I have a part-time job at a local grocery store/supermarket, trying to be nice to all the customers..

I know. There's nothing I despise more than customer service. Forcing myself to appear cheerful to the public.:thumbsdow

nordicdusk
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I work full time in a retail store and i hate it its a dead end job and im trying to get out of it.

Sigurd
Monday, October 30th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I know. There's nothing I despise more than customer service. Forcing myself to appear cheerful to the public.:thumbsdow

Yes, sure, it is not a favourable workplace if you have to act differently than you are. A good friend of mine worked at Subway's during a holiday and was like "And at one point the Turk that beat up one of my mates came in. I would have loved to spit on his sandwich, but I had to go like 'Oh, sir, what would you like to have', hated it."

Then again, if she is working at a genuine local store then that is indeed something worth of support. Yes, customers are a big problem, but it is always good to support the local economy, be they normal groceries, or honestly run pubs: We have two here, directly beside each other - the pub is owned, run and served by a patriotic Brit; the only other person serving a student as part-time, and that only since about amonth; and the shop is made up out of 4 indigenous workers, and the sign in the window says "local and proud of it". Seriously, got to support it as much as you can, as long as it still exists. ;)

Uí Fiachrach
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 03:56 AM
I have no work at the moment (Anyone want to hire a burnt out flying instructor?:D ) and I am in serious danger of becoming a "stay at home" dad:runaway ......

Mathieu
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 05:13 AM
I have a permanent job in IT...

brian
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 05:22 AM
Then again, if she is working at a genuine local store then that is indeed something worth of support. Yes, customers are a big problem, but it is always good to support the local economy, be they normal groceries, or honestly run pubs: We have two here, directly beside each other - the pub is owned, run and served by a patriotic Brit; the only other person serving a student as part-time, and that only since about amonth; and the shop is made up out of 4 indigenous workers, and the sign in the window says "local and proud of it". Seriously, got to support it as much as you can, as long as it still exists. ;)

Any store that employs teenagers from the neighborhood to do work in them instead of illegal immigrants makes me so happy. I will go out of my way to go to their store instead of others, because it really shows that they are putting their bottom line behind ensuring that deserving teenagers get a fair shake at entering the job market. I know of two delis that do this and a liquor store, and I would heartily recommend them if I have to. For what it is worth, it is their selling point.

NatRev
Tuesday, October 31st, 2006, 07:55 PM
Egil, in a similar job to yours.

I did contemplate primary work (ages 5 to 11) and have taught adults as a lecturer in Computer Studies.

Sometimes working with children with learning difficulties can be more rewarding than working with more 'able' children.

And yes, love to retire at 55. :D

Maybe to Spain or even further into Europe, possibly even in the east depending on property value.

There's a TV show we watch sometimes about people buying houses abroad, what would buy you a very humble 2 bedroom terraced in the UK would buy you a very impressive possibly 4 bedroom detached house in France and other places.

I think I could get used to a gentler climate and get into self-sufficiency more. :D

Mrs. Lyfing
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I couldn't find a thread on everyones jobs or careers...
So,I thought I'd ask...how do you make money? Your Job?

Loyalist
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I haven't worked in ages; my income is currently provided by the interest from some investments to which I have now gained access. Although, this cannot continue indefinitely, when taking into account upcoming tuition and the lavish vacation I intend to take in the summer, so I will have to seek employment soon.

Next World
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Meet me on the streetcorner and you might find out.

I don't have a "job". I make money via an obscure combination of random products and services. Mostly, I mooch from my mother, though. :D

Psychonaut
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I work as a Chinese Mandarin linguist for the US Army.

Matamoros
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I'm an analyst for a major financial services firm.

Veritas Æquitas
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Forklift Operator at a Warehouse. Meh, pays the bills.

So you'll be the first one to know when the Chinese descide to invade, right? :)

Mrs. Lyfing
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Currently stay at home mommy,but Rachel will be in school soon so I tend on getting back out in the real world then:rolleyes:

So, I get all my husbands money ...:D

He cuts down trees & we recycle beer cans...LOL ....gotta love it'!!!:p:p:p

ladybright
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Does the tax refund for having another child count? :p I am a stay at home mom. I do a lot of cooking from scratch & making other stuff (presents, decorations, herbals, some sewing) that saves money.

My husband works in restaurant management (His BS in psychology comes in handy). I have a similar background. I am grateful that the man I love can support us financially. :fgift::fhugs::D

Veritas Æquitas
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Be afraid... The little fellas march like star wars droids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaxzpf987c

Istigkeit
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I just got a job at Dairy Queen in the most tourist infested state in the nation. Enough said.

Matamoros
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I just got a job at Dairy Queen in the most tourist infested state in the nation. Enough said.
What is Dairy Queen? A shop that sells/produces milk products?

Veritas Æquitas
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 06:31 AM

Yes. They make some good stuff .. haven't been there in years.

Elysium
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I'm old enough to get a job while I'm at school, but I don't see the point. $7 an hour isn't worth the effort. I'd prefer good marks. Plus, I can do "chores" on the internet and get $50 an hour. :D Much better.

SwordOfTheVistula
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I'm a grad student right now, and recently had to quit work since my school schedule this semester doesn't leave me any spare time in the 9-5 time period at which normal business is conducted, so essentially all of my money comes from loans&scholarships in excess of tuition. I'm an accountant by trade, I do the odd project during the school term and work temp jobs during breaks from school.

When I was in undergrad, I worked in food services during the school year, retail over Christmas&spring breaks, and in a factory during summer breaks, all of which I am glad to have behind me-although working brain dead jobs did allow me considerable time to get lost in my own thoughts.

It's an ice cream shop that also sells fast food. Think McDonalds but the desert menu is expanded to be the main part of the business and the food part is shrunk to the role of McDonalds desert menu.

OneEnglishNorman
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I sell PCs/TFTs/laptops/TVs/consumer electronics etc to the trade. I also get some money from my father's business. Also sell a fair bit on eBay. I want to quit all that and have my own business soon.

Lili
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm ''social saboteur''.
Every month I get PhD grant, what is good enough, and sometimes I ''earn'' doing art projects or orders.

theTasmanian
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 09:11 AM
well im a Trades man Boilermaker/welder have been for far to long.....its not good for the health

i have also been a fibreglass-er and chemical mixer.....as you can see i go for the good jobs:rolleyes:

i do make the odd bit of money "on the side" buying and selling cars,bikes,trucks etc

i also build computers and fix soft ware problems.....hmm maybe a new job:D to be had there.

Blood_Axis
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I currently work as a relationships & gardening columnist.

Istigkeit
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
It's an ice cream shop that also sells fast food. Think McDonalds but the desert menu is expanded to be the main part of the business and the food part is shrunk to the role of McDonalds desert menu.

What...? The one I work at only has hot dogs, chili (for the hot dogs) and barbecue sandwiches:(.

Veritas Æquitas
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 12:39 PM
What...? The one I work at only has hot dogs, chili (for the hot dogs) and barbecue sandwiches:(.

Doesn't sound very dairy to me.. :confused:

You don't have Blizzards? Or any other things that the Canadians enjoy down there?? :confused: :(

ÆinvargR
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I'm a security guard and have gotten to try a few different things. Working in a shopping quarter, locking, unlocking, checking what has caused an alarm to go off, make rounds in the shops. Also to work with making rounds at offices &c, closing and opening subway stations, helping groceries close &c.

And yesterday I got to follow a money transporting van, go ahead of them to the ATM's they were about to put money into, check that nothing looked strange and then radio them in.

It's not a job I want to have forever, but it's a more than okay job at this time of my life that I've just finished studying and military conscription service and am about to move out.

Only the fact that I work almost exclusively at night is kind of tough. I am not good at turning the days around to normal time when I'm not working.

Istigkeit
Wednesday, February 6th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Doesn't sound very dairy to me.. :confused:

You don't have Blizzards? Or any other things that the Canadians enjoy down there?? :confused: :(

Yes, we do. I was contesting the part apart the fast food + ice cream part.:p The snowbirds down here are just insane.

ChaosLord
Thursday, February 7th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Be afraid... The little fellas march like star wars droids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaxzpf987c (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yout ube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuXaxzpf987c)

LOL...I have come to the conclusion that they are more like ants.

I work for an electrical/HVAC/engineering company. Not a bad gig, but it's something that I don't want to do forever. I'm going to be attending school this fall to major in biology and get a lab job. Though, I've thought about possibly training ferrets as a side-job since I've had them as pets since I was a young kid.

Flash Voyager
Thursday, February 7th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I'm a freelance computer security penetration tester. My income depends on how much work I can find(obviously) it usually isn't much but it's enough for rent and food.

Psychonaut
Thursday, February 7th, 2008, 02:23 AM
So you'll be the first one to know when the Chinese descide to invade, right? :)

Sorry, but that information is classified. ;)

KomturWorthington
Thursday, February 7th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I work at Pizza Hut doing dishes and making pizzas while I am going to College. In the summertime I work fulltime for my dads floor installation business. Blue collar boy right here, YEEEHAWWWW!

Brynhild
Thursday, February 7th, 2008, 03:58 AM
I'm a cleaner by trade. I have domestic clients and I go into their homes. The jobs include the usual - kitchens, bathrooms and toilets, mopping and vacuuming etc depending on the clients' needs and wants.

I work for myself and I like to work around the kids being at school. I've also received my 3rd degree in Reiki and at some point I will be conducting workshops.

Edit: My prior jobs were also as a clerical assistant and supervisor, telephonist at a call centre, and probably the best job in the world - stay at home Mum!

SwordOfTheVistula
Friday, February 8th, 2008, 01:15 AM

Weird. I've never seen a DQ that didn't have ice cream/blizzards as it's primary source of business...that's how it got the name 'Dairy Queen'

Cuchulain
Friday, February 8th, 2008, 02:24 AM
1) bleach fives and singles
2) print on 50's and 100's
3) spend them in a poorly lit night club and keep all the change

Istigkeit
Friday, February 8th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Weird. I've never seen a DQ that didn't have ice cream/blizzards as it's primary source of business...that's how it got the name 'Dairy Queen'

I just said the one I work at does. I was talking about the hot foods. Jesus Christ...

Northern Paladin
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm too lazy nowadays though I have made money in all sorts of ways in the past. My time is spent mostly pestering my room mates. One of them hates me and I spend most of my time making sure he hates me even more.:D

I just beat him in Risk and he has not shut up about it all night.

Berrocscir
Saturday, February 16th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I've been an archivist for the last seven years. Before that I worked as a porter, in hospitals, warehouses, kitchins, labourer, factory work.

Schmetterling
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 12:24 AM
The media portrays nationalists as unemployed, poor, uneducated people. There already is a thread on education, so how about jobs? I was wondering how many people here are employed. You don't have to divulge what you do if you don't want to, it's for statistical reasons. ;)

Veritas Æquitas
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I love doing demolition work .. (what guy wouldn't?) but all too frequent I get sent out to do this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywHa1Bp2WNw) crap.. Not a big fan.. I've already inhaled asbestos accidently twice and not looking forward to the future lol

Leo
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I don’t get it.
How could anybody not work?

VA ¨,Everyone will die. You will to.
Get over it, and work.

Veritas Æquitas
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM
VA ¨,Everyone will die. You will to.

Thanks einstein, I had no f------g clue before you just told me.. Pat yourself on the back, bud.

Beornulf
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Unfortunately I do.

Matamoros
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I work, of course. :)

Allenson
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, I work--a fair bit, actually. I have one main, fulltime job and I do a few other things on the side, freelance style. Also, I have a couple of volunteer endeavours that I am involved in. ;)

It's Sunday, so I'm not working today. Tis the day of rest. ;)

I don’t get it.
How could anybody not work?

LOL--there are are lot of students that are members here. So, their studies may keep them from gaiful employment.

Also, there are lots of slacker, trust-fund babies throughout the western world who've never done an ounce of labor in their lives. I know a few of this ilk. Insufferable, they are. ;)

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
LOL--there are are lot of students that are members here. So, their studies may keep them from gaiful employment.
Some of these students have to take jobs to help paying for their studies. :o
I work a part time job. :(

Jäger
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Since a week I have been employed, and I like what I have to do there very much, however I am not satisified with being dependent on another men's dicisions and thus I think I will eventually try to get self-employed, so far it is good though, I even can put my knowledge to use, to change what I want to change :)

P.W.
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I have two jobs. First I work in a office shop (office technology) and the second in our 3 star Hotel. Good jobs but because of it I have no free time more :(

Blood_Axis
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Two jobs for me as well....one full time and one part time.

Luckily they are both desk-related jobs (one is writing, the other is data-entry), so I have been able to juggle between them quite well.

ladybright
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I had to edit the poll. I think stay at home mothers deserve a choice other than 'other'.

I do not have a paying occupation. I do work.

Lyfing
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I'm a logger these days. I get to go hang out in the woods all day and mess with chainsaws and heavy equipment. Our little operation is pretty simple and goes something like.. one fellow cuts the trees down and then cuts the limbs and top off of it, another fellow drags them to the yard with a skidder, and then I look at the trees and decide based on what kind of tree it is, what it's diameter is, how straight it is, if it has any knots, if it's rotten, all kinds of things, what kind of a log to cut it into. Then I stack them up into sometimes big dangerous piles with a good ole' knuckle boom and when I have enough I load a truck.

This picture ain't of me but that is what I do...
http://www.dfr.state.nc.us/images/wq/glossary/knuckleboomloader.jpg

Later,
-Lyfing

Cythraul
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I work, for a fairly low wage, so that my boss can afford a brand new one of these:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_uups4Je5TYo/RvA0REGx8II/AAAAAAAAAGU/95OQ5ewv5DA/s400/800px-Lamborghini_Murci%25C3%25A9lago_Roadster _2005.jpg

Cuchulain
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I work full time for a demolition and environmental abatement company, and during the fall and spring I go to graduate business school full-time as well.

Hanna
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I had to edit the poll. I think stay at home mothers deserve a choice other than 'other'.

I do not have a paying occupation. I do work.

Home stayed mother doing unpaid work, I think its one of the work which was undervalued by many people. Its a choice that made by individuals according to their needs. They should be valued for doing the house work from morning to evening. But I heard from a friend from state, saying homemakers are the most undervalued work in America, but I don't know if this is true, but I think its very hard work only certain people can do it, without being selfish. Thumbs up to all the mothers at the althing

Fortis_in_Arduis
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Also, there are lots of slacker, trust-fund babies throughout the western world who've never done an ounce of labor in their lives. I know a few of this ilk. Insufferable, they are. ;)

Who me? :D My mother gives some of her trust fund money to me, but she always worked, even when I was growing up.

I worked a bit when I was in Scotland, yeah, for about one hour a week for a very sympathetic employer...

I once did an afternoon of retail for a dressmaker, I invigilated a gallery full of conceptual art, washed dishes for a few weeks when I was 14. I have not really worked, but I am not uneducated and not poor (not very rich either). I liked my jobs, although I screwed them all up and I do not have the type of ambition that most people have, and there is a reason for that...

You can live a good life without working. In the UK they give people who are autistic benefits worth about 800 pounds a month, and that is what I am doing. All I have to do is see the doctor once every two years and he signs me off for another two years. I probably could work and I am trained to do something, but since I have no social ambition and an inability to plan for the future, it never quite happens for me and it is too much pressure for me to manage my accounts etc. It has been a strain on relationships, as I go out to play every day, or just stay in and read or even sleep and people find that irritating when they are going to work, even if I cook for them and help them out all the time.

I was think about training as a plumber, er... for about five minutes... :D It is a shame in a way because part of me wants to be "just like everyone else" and do a job that I enjoy, but it just is not possible as I always run into problems and misunderstandings, so I have given up entertaining thoughts of working. It is just a fantasy for me. I am unemployable. I was self-employed under a very benevolent employer for a while, but it was not worth it.

I was thinking about proof-reading for a while. I do not want to do the job which I am trained to do because it can be so draining and the money is not enough and I want all my time to be for me. Selfish? Yes, but, for me, other people are nearly always more effort than reward.

So what do I do? I make daily routines which I program in a very anally retentive way into my telephone so that I can just float about without really thinking about what to do. I try to go to one or two yoga classes a day. I eat at different restaurants. I have put together a weekly routine making Thursday my day of rest and relaxation, and Wednesday my day of fasting. Friday afternoons I will be doing life drawing classes. Leaving Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues for maybe doing some painting...

...and I am thinking of taking part in a silly medical trial to do with diabetes to raise some extra money for a holiday somewhere temperate, maybe the Canary Islands again or perhaps one of those dreadful 'yoga holidays'. :D

I would love to meet someone who would like to share all this with me but they all too busy with their jobs and their careers and their social ambitions to want to hang around with a 'slacker' like me and I just irritate people with my anal routines and talent for appalling gaffes. (I was banned from a friends house for calling round at the same time everyday and causing family rows!)

My personal needs are always greater than their social needs, and that is how I like it.

I am sympathetic towards people who do not want to work in Britain, because in this society, the capitalists fleece you with money-lending and the socialists tax you. They are all thieves. It is morally wrong and no-one really wants to be part of that system unless they are rich and moneyed or being part of the machine which implements it. Self-employed tax-dodgers are probably going the right way.

So, no, I do not work, but have a lot of spare time which I can give to the right person or people.

Perhaps I would like to be a house husband for a young lady in a similar situation to myself. :D

I would like to add that I am well travelled and that I have done a whole host of interesting things with my spare time, like stuff for theatre, including taking a production up to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2002. It is hard to stop oneself from descending into atrophy, but I have managed it, although I do consider myself to have now retired and I often spend days (and sometimes house parties) in my dressing gown.

Hanna
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::(:(

I'm a student so I study 40 weeks in a year, but the rest of the weeks, I travel and enjoy my summer holidays. The good part is, I don't work cuz of my Ri... parents ,sorry gays no hard feelings!:D:D and beside I'm the only child for my parents.:(
But of cos one day when I've finished my education then I will work and start paying tax to the state.:D

BeornWulfWer
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I work.

I toil most days on a construction site. It ain't fun. It ain't highly paid. But I have just passed a course which can get me a better wage. Just have to bully someone to give me a job.

If you know anyone who wants a healthy, good looking; hard working Slinger/Banksman with 6 months experience, then please contact me. :p

hildolf
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I work in retail security. It's amazing how many people don't know what "security" means and try to treat me like a shop assistant.

And People will nick anything.

The plus side of the job is I decide when I have breaks and basically what I do and I get left to get on with it in the main, it can be interesting at times but it can also be pretty boring, just walking around watching people.

But it beats my previous work in a warehouse.

CrystalRose
Sunday, July 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I work two jobs, and also out of the home. Because where i come from money doesn't grow on trees. :D

Oresai
Saturday, October 18th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I`d like to be independantly wealthy so I could travel to countries I want to visit, not worry about bills etc, and go on the occasional girly shopping spree...:D

Instead I tan animal hides for a living. Not the most glamorous job in the world, but it pays the bills. Just. :D

I have been, in the past, a secretary..hated that, don`t like working indoors...a groom, and a petrol pump attendant.

Oh, and I also milked a herd of cows for an old woman on isle.

ladybright
Saturday, October 18th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I am a full time mother. :baby: It is the hardest work and most rewarding job for me.

I have been an Ice cream store manager:D, various positions at an Austrian bakery/restaurant (no baking because I was not trained but basic decorating was fun) and office person(ordering, inventory,bills etc).

Ediruc
Monday, November 30th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Well, lately I've been trying to sell some crummy short stories to some magazines, and so far have had little success :thumbup Always hope ;)

But, anyway, I really want to be a pastor, so, we'll see where life takes me, or where I take life with me. :P

Hersir
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM
I work part time

cannage
Tuesday, December 1st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Economics student- i think its best to get a good degree, so later i can earn enough to work part time/very few hours a week so i can spend more time with the children.

alpine grun
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
i kinda deal in antiques/ art... and work pt now and then:D

baroqueorgan
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Web Developer - one of the highest demand skills in the world right now :-)

Ocko
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I have been a trucker for several years and started now a fishfarm (Tilapia).

Holtz
Wednesday, December 9th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I have been a United states Marine since I got out of high-school, Became a Scout-Sniper with a Recon Battalion after 2 years. And recently completed my training for Force-Reconnaissance. However I also am a freelance artist on the side and a Range-Master at a friends range when he needs the help.

earle
Friday, December 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Work full time as a programmer, own a daycare and an industrial prototyping and manufacturing startup.

Matamoros
Thursday, January 7th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I am a fraud investigator, and have been doing it for a couple of years. It sounds more impressive than it actually is.

When I was a student I worked in a variety to part time jobs, so I could afford to pay for tuition fees and food (I didn't always manage to pay for food, as I put my fees first =( ended up very hungry one semester). I did labouring, childcare, data entry, mathematics tutoring, and worked in a library. The reason I appreciate working in an office now is because I spent a fair bit of time working outside in the heat of the summer or cold of the winter being paid only minimum wage.

Angus
Thursday, January 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Well i dont have a job yet, but im currently an apprentice/intern to a Mortician. :thumbup

tonole
Friday, January 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Heat treatment and Quintus forming specialist
Saab JAS 39 Gripen (Griffin),Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fsebZQnfXE&feature=related

Hrimskegg
Monday, January 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Student and Academic Program Promoter (the salary sucks but the work is enjoyable).

Telluride
Monday, January 25th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I work in the agriculture/dairy industry.

Isvisv
Monday, January 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
College professor.

KWulf
Monday, January 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I finished Sixth Form college a while ago and am now preparing for a stint in the french foreign legion, after that i'm thinking of becoming a policeman...and before i retire i want to own a pub! (Phew)

OneWolf
Friday, January 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I work on a Oil and Gas Drilling Rig.My title is Toolpusher or Rig Manager.I take care of employees hours,hire and fire,order drillbits,tools,fuel,etc.
I started out 11 years ago as a worm or entry level employee,worked my way up the ladder and now for the most part have an easy job.I wanted to be a History teacher but unfortunately I chose an alternate path.
My job pays well and has decent benefits.The only drawback is that I am away from home most of the time and its starting to take a toll on my marriage.Divorce is not out of the question for this career path.;)

Lord Haw-Haw
Saturday, March 6th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Im a property developer,i buy renovate and then sell.

I do most of the work myself and have a good knowledge of most of the building trades,what i cant do i hire in.....its quite lucrative but the housing market is dead at the moment.

I also help other Britons out who cant speak the language where i live and co-ordinate the different trades....sort of a project manager for hire if you like.

I work for months at a time without a break then laze about for months at a time....it works for me anyway and pays the bills....i could never work for a boss or in some factory as a wage slave.

Ulfvaldr
Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Not what I want, thats for sure, due to some very bad luck, I work at wal-mart right now

LaNae
Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I'm still pretty young so sorting myself out.

I have just finished university and had a job in telesales for money which i have now quit (terrible job!) and am happily working as an artist right now. This means I just make lots of pretty stuff and flog it at special arts markets that crop up from time to time in my area. I also try to get myself recognised as an illustrator and really hope to get into children's illustrations.

TheKanadian
Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I'm a nurse. I work the intensive care unit of the neonatal unit.

Vinlander
Sunday, March 21st, 2010, 05:24 PM
I am a repossession agent, you don't pay for your stuff, I pay a visit and get it for the Financier. Needless to say I am the most hated man in my city lol.

I am also waiting on my ship date for the Navy, going back to the sea like my ancestors did. Njörðr help me. :)

Texas Redneck
Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
General Contractor.

SaxonCeorl
Friday, March 26th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Grad School