PDA

View Full Version : Problem with leather shoes

Constantinus
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
No matter what leather shoes I wear, they make my feet sweat, regardless of what socks I'm wearing. Does anyone else have this and what can be done about it?

This is not a troll post.

Lundi
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM
lol best post ever :laugh:

I have no advice to give except stop wearing leather shoes :rotfl:

Son of a gun
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 11:31 PM
No matter what leather shoes I wear, they make my feet sweat, regardless of what socks I'm wearing. Does anyone else have this and what can be done about it?

I have same problem with leather pants

Draugr
Thursday, February 10th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Try buying a half size larger, and wearing thicker socks, and insoles.
I wear all leather boots all the time (german, russian, french, whatever) no matter what weather from freezing winter snow to humid summer heat. Yes sir it's been boots since I was 10.

NorwegianFury
Thursday, February 10th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Leather in general make me sweat. I only use my leather jacket whenever it is really cold. :icon_bigg

Erlingr Hįrbaršarson
Thursday, February 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM

Maybe you try baby powder on your socks and at the sole of the shoe? I know quite a few people who do this every time before they put their shoes on their feet. Baby powder is very nice for the skin any where at the body. I use this powder when I train, because I sweat and it helps much to keep shoes nice.

Lissu
Saturday, February 12th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Maybe you try baby powder on your socks and at the sole of the shoe? I know quite a few people who do this every time before they put their shoes on their feet. Baby powder is very nice for the skin any where at the body. I use this powder when I train, because I sweat and it helps much to keep shoes nice.*Trying to get the mental image of Erlingr powdering his feet with baby powder out of my head :rotfl:*

Actually this is a very good advice, thank you :icon_ques I can squeeze the sweat off my socks after training. No need to mention about the condition of my training shoes... :cool: I wash them regurarily with denaturated alcohol though :biggrin:

As for leather shoes, well, I can't use anything else than those... The best is if the lining is also leather. Synthetic materials in lining are absolute no-no :annoysigr

Erlingr Hįrbaršarson
Saturday, February 12th, 2005, 01:15 AM
*Trying to get the mental image of Erlingr powdering his feet with baby powder out of my head :rotfl:* ...hahahahaha...keep trying, kypärä. ;)

Nįttfari
Saturday, February 12th, 2005, 01:17 AM
That reminds me, I have to get some new boots: http://resistance.com/catalog/images/Stealth10.jpg I've worn the others out...

Erlingr Hįrbaršarson
Saturday, February 12th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Hehe, do not wear those with baby powder, a Ghormuil! :biggrin:

Constantinus
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005, 11:11 AM
update:
I bought shoes half a size larger a few weeks ago, and I have no problems with them.

Death and the Sun
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005, 11:19 AM
Well, now that this thread is back from the dead, let me show off an item from my shopping list:

http://www.garageland.fi/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/variations/232-400x500.jpg

(I also have another item just like that one on the list, except that it is the first one's mirror image :D )

Constantinus
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005, 11:23 AM
nice boots

Arcturus
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM
ELDRITCH,
You copycat bastard!
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1784668&postcount=205

But I must say, GREAT boots. Only thing is those metal braces in front wore out pretty quickly so I removed them. Should have asked when I bought the boots if they sold spares :(

Nightmare_Gbg
Tuesday, June 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Maybe you try baby powder on your socks and at the sole of the shoe? I know quite a few people who do this every time before they put their shoes on their feet. Baby powder is very nice for the skin any where at the body. I use this powder when I train, because I sweat and it helps much to keep shoes nice.
Talkum powder or baby powder works fine.(Old infantry trick)

Viking Warrior
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 02:08 AM
I use this powder when I train, because I sweat and it helps much to keep shoes nice. I do the same when I train and it makes my skin soft and nice :viking3: