PDA

View Full Version : Son of the Mask

WotansVolk
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 05:39 AM
This movie will be the sequel to the 1994 comedy blockbuster, The Mask, which was likewise based upon a comic book published by Dark Horse. (8/12/02) Apparently, New Line is suggesting that this be considered more like the "second film in the franchise" than a direct sequel to the first film.

Starting over from scratch, this newest film in the "Mask" series focuses on aspiring cartoonist Tim Avery (Kennedy) who's feeling reluctant to become a father when he finds that he has to take care of a baby with amazing abilities... somehow, the baby has the powers of the Mask of Loki, a mythological object that transforms its user into a manic shapeshifter alter-ego. As bad as a baby with godlike powers might seem, the *really* bad news is that Loki (Cumming; Nightcrawler from X-men 2 the movie) wants his mask back.

http://www.sonofthemask.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362165/

Eik■yrnir
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Interesting. I have not seen the Mask of 1994. It seems to be rather childish, perhaps good to bring children too. I like that they are making movies acknowledging the gods, and would appreciate if the go deeper into the subject for the aduience to learn about them. However, I am troubled that they have a jew (Ben Stein) in the movie, and I suspect he is not the only one. I will look for it here if it comes out in theatres, I might see it if I have nothing better to do.

WotansVolk
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Interesting. I have not seen the Mask of 1994. It seems to be rather childish, perhaps good to bring children too. I like that they are making movies acknowledging the gods, and would appreciate if the go deeper into the subject for the aduience to learn about them. However, I am troubled that they have a jew (Ben Stein) in the movie, and I suspect he is not the only one. I will look for it here if it comes out in theatres, I might see it if I have nothing better to do.

Ja, rather childish.
The first mask with Jim Carry almost had little to do with the mythology. In the entire movie Ben Stein some famous author for a book 'we all wear masks' or something like that, comments that the mask which Jim carry found is of Scandanavian linage, and prehaps the mask of Loki where Odin had banished him. But other than that, it is just some modren story.
In the 20th century is when the movies are based, we find out whomever puts on the mask if the individual is good of heart he will do good deeds, yet in mischievous ways. But if the individual is evil, the mask will hype his evil powers and cause him to do the most evil of evil deeds.
In the 'Son of The Mask', Loki and Odin are suppose to make guest appearances. As Odin commands Loki to retrieve his mask to keep it out of human hands. Other than that there isn't anymore mythology.

Eik■yrnir
Saturday, December 18th, 2004, 09:09 PM
In that case, I feel that it is best that I move this to the lounge. It seems to fit there better, being a modern movie with very small appearance of the old gods in it.