PDA

View Full Version : 17% of all Americans living in a homo relationship?

goidelicwarrior
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 11:08 AM
I watched Discovery yesterday, human files... wich told me that 17% of all Americans live in a homo relationship ? is this true? and 43% belive that god created man..??? please.. its 2004 now... comments ? :P

Milesian
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 11:24 AM
I watched Discovery yesterday, human files... wich told me that 17% of all Americans live in a homo relationship ? is this true? and 43% belive that god created man..??? please.. its 2004 now... comments ? :P

Yup, athiesm and immorailty are becoming more prevailant ;)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 06:54 PM

Maybe in San Franciso or New York.

A lot of polls are manipulated, just like any "facts" in the media.

Awar
Wednesday, December 31st, 2003, 01:32 PM
17% is way too much ( to me it seems ), I think that such statistics are deliberately altered to fit into the gay lobby agendas.

On the other hand, Americans are known for their excesses.

Gladstone
Wednesday, December 31st, 2003, 04:41 PM

For a long time Kinsey reported 10% of American males were homosexual, however, as so often with rad-lib stuff, the results of that 1940's research has been found to be quite far from the truth. The accurate figure is maybe 1% (if that). You sure they did not say 1.7 %?

As for the 43% figure that does not seem that far from the truth. I thought it would have been higher. Many of America's first people over from Europe were coming over to practice religion freely (ie Pilgrims in 1620) and too there was massive death rates from all sources (disease, natives, starvation, etc); all this tended to make people be a bit more open to the idea of a personal God. That still reflects today.

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, December 31st, 2003, 05:44 PM
17%? Oh please! That is just absurd!

Awar
Friday, January 2nd, 2004, 05:53 AM
Maybe they accounted for all males that ever had any homosexual thoughts or something? It wouldn't surprise me if the researchers were grasping for straws to increase the percentage.

Scoob
Saturday, January 3rd, 2004, 07:08 PM

Are you sure the program didn't say 17% of Americans *support* the idea of homo relationships? Or something like that? 17% homo is ridiculous. No one would claim something that absurd on the Discovery Channel.