PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go?

Freja
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Being a perfectionist, it really bothers me that I cant seem to have neither the time nor the energy to post high-brow articles and to throw myself into discussinos surrounding issues on Nordic preservation.
My online time is usually a few minutes here and there, and although I would like to contribute to TNP more, I just dont seem to be able to for the time being.
(All work and no play makes Freja a dull girl...? :rotfl: )
So Im seriously considering cutting out posting here, as all I seem to be able to produce is fluff. :animal-sm
I will of course look in on you from time to time, but otherwise work, producing pure Nordic children, and taking care of my (other) hobbies takes too much time and energy.

I comfort myself with the thought that although I may not be contributing on TNP as much Id like, I do contribute to the Nordic society in general by putting into practice what others preach... :viking1:

Von Braun
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Please don't go. We need the perspectives of good females. This gives us balance and makes us seem more respectable and family-oriented to the outside. When something is too heavily male, it is seen as eccentric in a negative way, whether it is justified or not. Trust me, as an engineer, I know this. I also enjoy your posts, no matter how long they are. :)

Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 05:45 PM
For sure you shouldn't go Freja! I enjoy reading what you write, and even though you should take some time off writing, it's still a pleassure to know that there are people like you here! We need more, not less, like you! ;)

friedrich braun
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I hope you'll stay, and I always enjoy your posts on life in Scandinavia.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Being a perfectionist, it really bothers me that I cant seem to have neither the time nor the energy to post high-brow articles and to throw myself into discussinos surrounding issues on Nordic preservation.
My online time is usually a few minutes here and there, and although I would like to contribute to TNP more, I just dont seem to be able to for the time being.
So Im seriously considering cutting out posting here, as all I seem to be able to produce is fluff. :animal-sm
I will of course look in on you from time to time, but otherwise work, producing pure Nordic children, and taking care of my (other) hobbies takes too much time and energy.

I comfort myself with the thought that although I may not be contributing on TNP as much Id like, I do contribute to the Nordic society in general by putting into practice what others preach... :viking1:

If there wasn't a such thing as what you refer to as "fluff". Online forums wouldn't exist. The sole purpose for existance is for the acculation of "fluff" and a mass accumaltion of "fluff" is often times a testimony to their success. :biggrin:

Besides a few minutes is more than enough time to contribute. I think your under estimating your self and the contributions you have made to TNP. Or did you post this thread for the sole purpose of validation:tongue:?

Anyways I hope you stick around.

NSFreja
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Jag tycker du ska stanna kvar...Det finns alldeles fr f av oss nordiska kvinnor hr och att mista en, r en strre frlust n du tror.

Du behver ju inte vara online hela tiden fr att "posta" hr, det finns det ingen som r...Jag var sjlv beredd att ge upp fr ett tag sedan, men valde att stanna kvar trots allt....Jag hoppas du stannar...

/M

Loki
Thursday, October 28th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Don't go Freja!!! I will be very upset if you do.

You can't begin to imagine how much I appreciate your inputs. You don't have to post huge, indepth political discourses. Just a one-liner now and then will suffice. I have always enjoyed your posts, and I will lament it for sure if you decide to leave.... :(

PLEASE DON'T GO FREJA!!! :icon_arro

Eiserner Adler
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I feel much the same way on many days. I come up with lots of original ideas or articles that I could post while I'm at work and I never have the time and energy when I get home in the morning. But any input is better than nothing, I have enjoyed and appreciated your posts, as I'm sure all of us here have. Please don't go.

(All work and no play makes Freja a dull girl...? )

just out of curiosity, is this a Kerouac reference from Big Sur, or does it originate before that? I used to love Kerouac back in the day before I was more into Nordic preservation, alot of his views don't really coincide with ours.

Nordhammer
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 05:25 AM
You have the best fluff in the whole wide world! :)

You don't want to break the hearts of all the men folk do ya? Please don't go. :) Your presence alone gives us comfort. :icon_redf

Mistress Klaus
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 05:34 AM

:icon_smil This is how I feel about my own contributions to TNP and other forums that I have membership to. I don't have the time to fully post as much as I would like to and consequently I seem to only respond to Threads that urge a more spontaneous response/post. :viking3: ..(i.e. 'fluff'-like posts).

I think though this makes a good balance within a discussion forum. Although we don't fully express our full knowledge, belief's and opinions alot of the time, I think it is still very important & would be sorely missed. (Actions speak louder than words anyway. :viking3:..we are just busy females :icon_smil )

cosmocreator
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 06:13 AM
I like your fluff. :biggrin:

I don't have much time myself so I tend to only read short posts.

Freja
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Its good to hear that so many of you seem to be feeling the same thing. The last thing I want to do is to lower the quality of TNP.
Maybe Ill be able to squeeze out an intellligent thought now and then, besides the usual fluff... :icon_redf

After all, TNP is my favourite forum. Im member on a few equestrian ones, and a parents forum which I hang around on to meet some friends of mine. (We never have the time to meet irl, so we meet online.)
TNP is the only place where I feel like Im coming home.

Triglav
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 12:09 PM
One constructive post evey now and then when you have some time is better than none at all.

Loki
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Its good to hear that so many of you seem to be feeling the same thing. The last thing I want to do is to lower the quality of TNP.
Maybe Ill be able to squeeze out an intellligent thought now and then, besides the usual fluff... :icon_redf
You are very wrong, Freja. I personally think your posts are of great value - they represent a fascinating insight into the life of an ordinary Scandinavian woman and family. You have never, ever in your posting history on TNP lowered the quality of the forum, but you have contributed to its success... :)

Please continue doing what you have been doing from the start. You are doing nothing wrong. On the contrary...

A forum cannot only consist of very high intellectual debates. It would become incredibly boring. We need more lighthearted and less serious posts too, including humour. That is what the Lounge is for mostly.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 04:35 PM

Hail, Freja!
blonde, Nordic, and tall
fairest of them all
Was worried about her posts
despite that her wisdom and
insight was certainly grand
Please stay, oh fair creature!
For you are surely our best feature!

Let me remind you, Freja the Fair
that wise ones always remain reticent
until times when best told.
For such mindless fools have not a care
of true bearing when brags are persistent
and are not truly bold.

Yes... It really is an amaterish try, but I was in the mood for adding a bit of spice to my post. I hope it's understandable. :)

If not... well..... Pwweeeeeeease don't go Freja. :(

Evolved
Friday, October 29th, 2004, 08:44 PM
No rule says you must post hard scientific facts and other boring stuff all the time. Its alright to come here just to chill out. :coffee:

Dr. Brandt
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
:)

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1874&stc=1

Freja
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
:rofl: :rotfl:

FadeTheButcher
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 03:25 AM
I think you should stay. :)

Constantinus
Tuesday, November 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I just peeked in here today, so I don't really know you, but the people here all seem to love you so you gotta be cool I reckon.