Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 07:35 PM
I like that a lot :-)

What inspires you to write poems?

Gladstone
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 07:55 PM

A bit of an aside and speaking of poems...did you write the untitled Ode to Bundy that's your signature Vanessa? It is kind of creative in a quirky way. ;-)

Gladstone
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Geez...it's actually a variation of Jingle Bells. I suppose it could be a poem if read the right way. Could probably do well at a coffee house on poetry night with bongoes as backup. :-p

cosmocreator
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 08:07 PM

I'm not going to say what inspired me to write that one. I wrote it last night. Took about an hour.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 08:35 PM
A bit of an aside and speaking of poems...did you write the untitled Ode to Bundy that's your signature Vanessa? It is kind of creative in a quirky way. ;-)

Oh yes, I wrote it. :-D

I didn't even mean for it to go to "Jingle Bells" LOL I had planned for it to be to a xmas song, but I thought that it wouldn't work. I guess I was wrong? hehe

btw, I wouldn't be caught dead at a coffee house, especially on poetry night! hehehe Well, maybe if I cooked up a super-offensive poem! >:-)

I'm not going to say what inspired me to write that one.

Awwww :-(

Gladstone
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Oh yes, I wrote it. :-D

I didn't even mean for it to go to "Jingle Bells" LOL I had planned for it to be to a xmas song, but I thought that it wouldn't work. I guess I was wrong? hehe

btw, I wouldn't be caught dead at a coffee house, especially on poetry night! hehehe Well, maybe if I cooked up a super-ffensive poem! >:-)

Of course it works! I saw the Grinch the other day and I could see the Mighty Green One reading it without blinking an eye.:-p

As for coffee houses, you are probably better off not being caught dead or alive in one. I went to one not too long back, and I thought it would be kind of cool like the origonal coffee houses of the 1950's with the beatniks (yes, am aware a lot of the stuff then was rad-lib, still there was a certain style about them). But instead all there was present were some way past their time refugees from Woodstock, a he/she character, and just a few poems any good, and too, the heavy dose of rad-lib stuff, naturally.

The rad-libs have ruined a lot of culture by having to insert their crap in it and using it for their ends, just like a virus. Politicizing poems Good Gawd!:-(

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 09:21 PM
The rad-libs have ruined a lot of culture by having to insert their crap in it and using it for their ends, just like a virus. Politicizing poems Good Gawd!:-(

Yeah, I remember being at a bookstore one day, just browsing, and I heard some feminist poem about The Patriarchy being read LOL

I think politics and poems can mix well though, but it is sooooo over-done by the liberal arts students! Why do people want to fill their stereotypes so bad?

Gladstone
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Why do people want to fill their stereotypes so bad?

The rad-libs bought into the idea quite a while back of the ends justifying the means...ie being that they are of the opinion that they are going to bring the world paradise it is okay that to do so they lie, cheat, steal, murder, politicize culture, sell their own mothers into whoredom, whatever and anything to obtain power. The ends justifying the means (excepting in life or death situation and for short duraton, and even then, if anything else is possible, that's better to do), is a devil's bargain.

They do have a great deal of power, for the moment, but they sold their souls to obtain it.

I'd rather keep my soul!

Ewergrin
Sunday, December 28th, 2003, 01:16 AM
I know that song.

cosmocreator
Sunday, December 28th, 2003, 07:48 AM
I know that song.

What song?

Ewergrin
Sunday, December 28th, 2003, 03:30 PM
What song?

The Air Supply one.

cosmocreator
Monday, December 29th, 2003, 06:39 AM

You inspired me. As you like it, I'll give it to you provided my name remains attached to it as its creator. Do as you like with it. Perhaps remember me by it.