PDA

View Full Version : Why did Rome collapse? And Other Questions

Aethrei
Friday, December 26th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Hello All,

I posted these questions the last time, but it didn't get through. I'll repost them.

1. Why did Rome collapse?

2. Why do you suppose Nietzsche is mentioned in the Protocols as a Jewish promotion, along with Marx and Darwin?

3. What do people here think of home-schooling at the present? I mean now. Do you regard this as beneficial or do you think public schools are good even though they are multiculturalised, because they would allow our children to experience first-hand its defects, this disease, and therfore, they'd be better off at countering it? I think we as parents or parents to be should be concerned about this.

Anyway, happy Yule everyone!

P.S. By the way, what do you think is the best public [graduate] school in Britain right now?

Jack
Saturday, December 27th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Hello All,

I posted these questions the last time, but it didn't get through. I'll repost them.

Here's my idea of why it happened.

Rome collapsed because its Germanic slaves did not identify with Rome, they were not assimilated (Toynbee called them an internal proletariat), and had much more sympathy with the Germanics attacking the Roman empire (the outside proletariat) than the Roman armies. The Roman legions towards the end were filled with German mercenaries and Rome even had a few Germanic emporers towards the end. In addition to this, the original Romans were dying out from sterility (lead pipes) and Rome's political and cultural elites were losing control over the unity of the Empire. I do not believe Rome fell due to mixing with 'Asiatic' slaves. At the time 'Asia' meant Anatolia and the people that lived there at the time were Galatians, who were Celts. Christianity spread and its belief in non-violence didn't exactly work miracles for Roman military glory. Plus the Germans were getting quite good at crushing Roman legions towards the end. And then Attila hit them from behind and the tidal wave of Germanics occured, and Rome fell over and died.

2. Why do you suppose Nietzsche is mentioned in the Protocols as a Jewish promotion, along with Marx and Darwin?

To spite the Christians? I don't know...

3. What do people here think of home-schooling at the present? I mean now. Do you regard this as beneficial or do you think public schools are good even though they are multiculturalised, because they would allow our children to experience first-hand its defects, this disease, and therfore, they'd be better off at countering it? I think we as parents or parents to be should be concerned about this.

I experienced the defects of public schooling, but it wouldn't have occured to me exactly what was happening if I didn't have an interest in history and religion since I was 10. I would advocate home schooling if only to make children smart before they have to go to high school.

You too http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

P.S. By the way, what do you think is the best public [graduate] school in Britain right now?

I don't know, I'm not a prisoner of mother England http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon12.gif. Though if you mean universities I'd say Cambridge. But then I'm still not a Briton.

Aethrei
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 12:22 PM
> Here's my idea of why it happened.
Rome collapsed because its Germanic slaves did not identify with Rome, they were not assimilated (Toynbee called them an internal proletariat), and had much more sympathy with the Germanics attacking the Roman empire (the outside proletariat) than the Roman armies. I do not believe Rome fell due to mixing with 'Asiatic' slaves. Christianity spread and its belief in non-violence didn't exactly work miracles for Roman military glory.

Ok; so you place the problem on assimilation? I was trying to do a follow-up on the US with all the recent comparisons of the US with Rome [assuming that comparison is a valid one]; by your reasoning then, the present US should likely collapse from organised attack by "internal proletariats". And multiculturalism itself does not contribue to the decay?
You say Christianity did little to aid Rome, so you don't think the Jews had any role in this directly?

> To spite the Christians? I don't know...

I know that; but I mean what exactly did they hope to gain by this promotion?

> I would advocate home schooling if only to make children smart before they have to go to high school.

Ok.

> I'd say Cambridge. But then I'm still not a Briton.

As far as I know, I have not come across a single politically incorrect unv. in Britain. Maybe I should broaden my horizons and search within Europe.

Thanks for your opinion Jack.

@ Jack and Moody - I posted some replies to the N-S and N-A, and Get Yourself a Constitution threads but it has not shown up there. Maybe one of you could approve? Otherwise I suppose you can read it from the Archives; its copied itself on there.

Moody
Wednesday, March 17th, 2004, 05:44 PM
1. Various reasons for Rome's collapse [in the West] seem feasible; anything from the extending of citizenship to all and sundry, and the use and reliance on mercenaries, to the inability to cope with rising inflation.
These are all true to an extent.
A Spenglerian would probably argue that Rome had reached its 'tipping point' and was destined to fall.
I also think that Rome had actually over-extended its reach and could not sustain such a wide geographical imperium given the level of technology of the time.
There was also the Jewish pest which had infected that noble Aryan edifice.

2. Nietzsche is mentioned in the Protocols as a useful tool for the Zionist overthrow of Christian Europe. Put like that, the reason is obvious.
Nietzsche made some positive comments about the Jews, and associated with them [e.g., Paul Ree].
Cosima Wagner said at the time of Nietzsche's break with Richard that "the Jews have got to him".
In that case, Nietzsche must be read very carefully by anti-Semities!

NormanBlood
Saturday, April 17th, 2004, 03:02 PM

I think Rome collapsed because it became too degenerate, as big Empires, cities and "civilisations" tend to do. In reference to the US, the same thing will happen to them. They will become too big and degenerate for their own good and will calapse upon themselves. The problem is, today they have much more dangerous weapons than the Romans did...so the question is: Will they take us and the world down with them?

I think homeschooling is the best option for children today. I, in a way, wish I had been homeschooled as I had a terrible experience in public school. I think our education system just doesn't focus on ACTUAL education like schools were originally meant to. Like most everything else it has become superficial. Not to mention this new "multicultural" crap they are now constantly shoving down our throats. The public school system is in a bad state and I would definetly not put my children in it.

Well Yule is already past...but don't forget Walburga and have a happy May Day ;)

Vestmannr
Monday, April 19th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Home schooling, or parochial/private schools with parental control are the best options, IMHO. I dont think public schools are an 'innoculation' against the disease. It is far less like a vaccination, and more like rolling one's children around in plague victims.