PDA

View Full Version : Swedish MPs want men taxed

Evolved
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Swedish MPs want men taxed

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A group of Swedish parliamentarians has proposed levying a "man tax" to cover the social cost of violence against women.

"It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun Schyman told Swedish radio on Monday.

"We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion for debate on the new tax.

Sweden already has the highest taxes in the European Union as a percentage of gross domestic product to pay for its famous but hard-pushed cradle-to-grave welfare program.

It is also one of the world's most advanced nations in terms of gender equality, but Schyman said in a headline-hitting 2002 speech that discrimination in Sweden followed "the same pattern" as in Afghanistan under the Taliban.

Yahoo! News (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20041004/od_uk_nm/oukoe_sweden_tax_men)

Oskorei
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 12:17 PM
"It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun Schyman told Swedish radio on Monday.

"We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion for debate on the new tax.

The day that Gudrun Schylock says that immigrants as a group have responsibilities will never come. I really cant understand why she still has supporters, she and her party are very anti-swedish, and she as a person was an alcoholic for several years (among other things urinating on carpets in cinemas, disturbing the Social Democrats meeting (since they needed her party as an ally, they never reported on this), and trying to fondle males (she IS married and she IS constantly complaining about rapist men)) and lives as a capitalist. She was a member of a hard-core Communist party in her youth but dismissed this with "I was in love". The alcoholism was dismissed with "alcoholism is a sickness". She is living proof that the current elite is an anti-elite. I dont like her.

Pan-FinnoUgric
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM
What's wrong with Swedish society :icon_surp I don't understand them anymore :confused: They should wake up, because very soon is too late.

Gudrun Schyman is only typical Femakko (In Finnish language emakko means femalepig, so we call them Femakkos) :icon_lol:

Nordhammer
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 09:09 PM
I've never heard of Sweden having a big problem with domestic violence (with native Swedes). Probably just some feminist rant.

Yeah, smart move, to curb violence let's give men more reasons to hate women and hold a grudge by taxing them for being male.

If people should be taxed for their burden on society then the elderly, children, immigrants, nonwhites, and women would be seriously taxed.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 09:30 PM
It is stupid to make all men pay for what a few idiots do. It is some sort of collective punishment for being a man. The leftist politicians are good are creating a powerful society for leftist sociologists and psychologists who can create welfare dependent and practically paralysed citizens. It will only result in more domestic violence. You cannot meddle in peoples lives all the time. These semi-Communist morons think everyone is at some average stupid level. They underestimate people. I think that people will become fed up soon.

There are some peculiar individuals, like the leader of Vänsterpartiet Lars Ohly, who is actually some form of Leninist and neo-Communist. I think that he is quite intelligent though. I also think they are a bit silly when they make a story out of that he would pick Castro over Bush. There are probably many others who are not leftist who feel the same way. The program that programme with Janne Josefsson is a bit strange because of the great power that they have to influence public opinion. They helped the present government to win in the elections of 2002 because the nation got upset over the racist remarks that some right-wing (even liberals?) politicians made when they thought they thought that they are not being recorded. Politics nowadays is to say the right things infront of journalists. I wonder what they will come up with one week before the elections in 2006.

Perun
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Ahhhh.....the joys of feminism!

Shaun
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 03:19 AM
I wonder what the statistics are, comparing real Swedes with Foreigners when it comes to such violence.

Freja
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 04:36 AM
I wonder what the statistics are, comparing real Swedes with Foreigners when it comes to such violence.

I agree - itīs the same tendency towards immigrants dominating statistics like that here in Norway.

A totally silly idea. Letīs rather award men who do something nice for children, elders and women (positive reinforcement).

Bodewin
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Letīs rather award men who do something nice for children, elders and women (positive reinforcement).

I reckon that is good and sense-filled. And in saying you prove more dignity, honour and self-respect than all the supposed noble ideals of Gudrun Schyman bound together.