PDA

View Full Version : Cat Shot With A Crossbow

Mistress Klaus
Thursday, September 30th, 2004, 02:47 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: I never ceased to be disgusted when I read the newspapers!
A cat (purebred Persian) was sitting, relaxing in a tree when a cruel & cowardly bastard took a pot-shot with a crossbow (with intent to kill).
The arrow did make contact and was embedded in the cats (Zeus) left shoulder for several days (he ran off & vanished from his home after the incident & then returned) Luckily, it missed any vital organs & the feline survived. The creep with the crossbow still hasn't been caught. :mad:

Zeus with the arrow still protruding from his body>>>>>

SouthernBoy
Friday, October 1st, 2004, 12:49 AM
I would never shoot a cat or a dog. I do like to shoot squirrels and doves in my backyard though. :)

SaveEurope
Friday, October 1st, 2004, 01:33 AM
Poor cat. Now you've got me thinking about my cat, Mr. Bojangles. He's just been declawed and is probably scared to death at the vet's office.

AngryPotato
Friday, October 1st, 2004, 02:27 AM
Hmm. I would put money on it that the person was asian and intended on eating Zeus. That cat has some meat on it. The most I've done to my cat is shave his belly pink and tin foil his legs, but he's definitely evil. :icon_evil

SaveEurope
Friday, October 1st, 2004, 04:11 AM
My cat could kick your cat's tail. :icon_evil

AngryPotato
Friday, October 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM

My cat got beat up by a 3month old kitten 1/5 his weight, but tears the crap out of me with no remorse. He's scared of other animals it seems.

SaveEurope
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 01:34 AM
My cat got beat up by a 3month old kitten 1/5 his weight, but tears the crap out of me with no remorse. He's scared of other animals it seems.
Actually, mine is the same way. She has no problem biting into my flesh, but introduce her to something as small as a lizard and she'll cower in fear.

Northern Paladin
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 02:41 AM
Persians are beautiful animals. Can't say the same about the people. :icon_evil

Mistress Klaus
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 08:32 AM

My 8kg Vladimir has a relaxed approach to life.. :beer-smil ...but can beat up any cat on the block. (de-sexed and only territorial battles)

Dr. Brandt
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:21 AM
He's just been declawed and is probably scared to death at the vet's office.

You are just as sadistic as that jerk with the crossbow. How can you "declaw" a cat? Those are vital organs for it. That would be like cutting off your fingers!
The poor thing will not be able to hold it's gripp when it loses balnce and falls off from somewhere. Nor will it ever be able to climb a tree again.

The psychological effect it has on the animal one can not even imagine.

Typical yankee. Always interfering and destroying the natural. They even have bred cats with short legs like a dachshund or one called "rag doll", which shows no natural emotions and can be thrown around like a "rag doll", without the slightest reaction. Not to mention the furless cat. But what can you expect from the land of breastimplants and "fast food"?

Mistress Klaus
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:53 AM
You are just as sadistic as that jerk with the crossbow. How can you "declaw" a cat? Those are vital organs for it. That would be like cutting off your fingers!
The poor thing will not be able to hold it's gripp when it loses balnce and falls off from somewhere. Nor will it ever be able to climb a tree again.

Typical yankee. Always interfering and destroying the natural. They even have bred cats with short legs like a dachshund or one called "rag doll", which shows no natural emotions and can be thrown around like a "rag doll", without the slightest reaction. Not to mention the furless cat. But what can you expect from the land of breastimplants and "fast food"?

I admit, I did cringe when I read about the 'de-clawing'. Dr Brandt has saved me from posting what I was thinking. I could never imagine my cats without their beautiful talons. The many daily scratching exercises they do on the trees & posts is essential for the cat..To de-claw a cat is taking away its ability to mark their territory, loss of balance, hunting skills etc...its identity. :icon_sad:
I suppose I am just as bad for getting my two felines de-sexed, but I was trying to be responsible for their long-term health & not to bring more un-wanted kittens into the world.. (that would suffer at human hands).

Nordhammer
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:54 AM

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion, and you should spare us the anti-American generalizations. Americans are great animal lovers and most people do not declaw their cats.

There are many arguments about what has psychological effects on a cat. Neutering has a great psychological impact, but it is necessary. Keeping cats indoors for most or all of their lives has psychological effects. Animals naturally long to play outside. Lucky for me I have a large property and I can afford to let my animals run freely.

Funny you should compare that cat breed to the dachshund. Did the Germans "interfere and destroy the natural" by breeding the short-legged dachshund?

Nordhammer
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:59 AM
I admit, I did cringe when I read about the 'de-clawing'. Dr Brandt has saved me from posting what I was thinking. I could never imagine my cats without their beautiful talons. The many daily scratching exercises they do on the trees & posts is essential for the cat..To de-claw a cat is taking away its ability to mark their territory, loss of balance, hunting skills etc...its identity. :icon_sad:
I suppose I am just as bad for getting my two felines de-sexed, but I was trying to be responsible for their long-term health & not to bring more un-wanted kittens into the world.. (that would suffer at human hands).

It's mostly for people who want a warm-blooded stuffed animal that lounges around. :)

At the very least a cat that is declawed should be an inside pet that never goes outside. To declaw a cat that is let outside would be removing its primary form of defense and climbing ability.

People can clip the cat's claws to a shorter and dull point, thereby removing its ability to claw up the furniture if that is the issue. Cats never enjoy this of course. :)

Loki
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
As an animal lover, I am fundamentally against the torturing of animals (i.e. declawing cats; cutting off dogs' tails; etc). Humans have always had a cruel side to them. We are far away from being "civilized", and now we will never, ever attain that with the racial corruption already in our midst.

Dr. Brandt
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 10:20 AM
I think you're blowing this way out of proportion, and you should spare us the anti-American generalizations. Americans are great animal lovers and most people do not declaw their cats.

There are many arguments about what has psychological effects on a cat. Neutering has a great psychological impact, but it is necessary. Keeping cats indoors for most or all of their lives has psychological effects. Animals naturally long to play outside. Lucky for me I have a large property and I can afford to let my animals run freely.

Funny you should compare that cat breed to the dachshund. Did the Germans "interfere and destroy the natural" by breeding the short-legged dachshund?

A dachshund is a special hunting dog. It has such short legs so it can enter foxholes and dens. This breed at least serves a purpous and it's short legs are in no way contradicted to its "psychic".

A cat with such short legs serves no pourpouse at all, except maybe giving some decadent yanks the thrill of haveing something "unique". (Same as the hairless cats). such a cat is basicly a cripple and wouldn't survive in the wild. It also has been established that these breeds suffer a lot of pain, because these short legs don't fit to the rest of its body-structure.

All these animal-fashions (declawing ect.) and hybrid monsters are from america. Everyone can draw his own conclusion from this. And I never doubtet that in america there are also animal lovers. My point is merly that like most other decadent fashions, these animal mutilations come from america.

PS: While I am writting this, my lil grey tiger is sitting on a pile of books right beside my screen and watching me type and move the mouse around. She is a very fragile lil feline with her 3,5 kg. The eternal kitten. :)

Oskorei
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 10:41 AM
As an animal lover, I am fundamentally against the torturing of animals (i.e. declawing cats; cutting off dogs' tails; etc). Humans have always had a cruel side to them. We are far away from being "civilized", and now we will never, ever attain that with the racial corruption already in our midst.

This made me remember a paper I wrote in school many years ago, on the relationship between the economical basis and the treatment/view of animals (historical materialism, I know, but that is not the point).

What strikes me now, is that the Nordic countries have always been kind in their treatment of animals. Cruelty towards animals as sport and as entertainment has never been socially accepted here (the main exception being maybe working-class Britain during periods). I suspect that this is genetic, one only has to compare with Africa or some Mediterranean countries. Also the whole "pet" phenomenon seems to be more common among Nordics than any other group (and then I mean pets as animal friends, not as weapons or status-symbols).

Anyway, immigration is changing this rapidly, today we have dog-fights in Sweden and it is largely an immigrant phenomenon. We also have koscher and halal shops.

SaveEurope
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM

Typical yankee. Always interfering and destroying the natural. They even have bred cats with short legs like a dachshund or one called "rag doll", which shows no natural emotions and can be thrown around like a "rag doll", without the slightest reaction. Not to mention the furless cat. But what can you expect from the land of breast implants and "fast food"?
You are assuming it was my choice to declaw my cat. It was not. My cat (and when I say my cat, I mean the family cat) and I live at my parents house. My cat, Mr. Bojangles, has shredded selected parts of every new piece of furniture my parents have purchased and, of course, kitchen cabinets, computer chairs, and anything else within reach. I believe those are the risks you take as a cat owner, but, again, not my house.

I agree with the rest of your rant except the part where you say I'm sadistic. Declawing a cat is cruel, yes, but I take no pleasure in seeing my cat live without claws therefore I am not sadistic. This is, of course, assuming I was the one that made the choice to get Mr. Bojangles declawed, and I wasn't.

Dr. Brandt
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 08:38 PM
You should have gotten your cat one of those "scratch trees", available in every pet shop. And a squirt gun. Whenever the cat goes for your furniture you squirt it with water and reward it, when she uses the scratch tree.
But I assume she/he is already to old to be conditioned. You have to teach them when they are little.

My cat never learned it either. The couch in my office is a mess, but the rest of my furniture is ok.
As far as I'm concerned, I rather have a ruined old couch, then have my cat declawed.

:hve­rungur:
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Im a dog person, never much liked cats but I cant see how some ASSHOLE could be so sadistic to shoot a innocent and helpless cat. People like that need to be kicked in the face with a nice steelcap boot :)

Nordhammer
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
A dachshund is a special hunting dog. It has such short legs so it can enter foxholes and dens. This breed at least serves a purpous and it's short legs are in no way contradicted to its "psychic".

A cat with such short legs serves no pourpouse at all, except maybe giving some decadent yanks the thrill of haveing something "unique". (Same as the hairless cats). such a cat is basicly a cripple and wouldn't survive in the wild. It also has been established that these breeds suffer a lot of pain, because these short legs don't fit to the rest of its body-structure.

Dogs are more useful by nature, however that still doesn't eliminate the idea that breeding them was anymore disruptive to nature than the short-legged cat. Cats are naturally not as useful, they are more of a luxury. What does a cat do except lay around, eat, sht, and sleep? In the past they were used to kill rodents, but now they are mostly for personal enjoyment. So in regards to personal enjoyment the short-legged cat serves its purpose.

It is doubtful that the dachshund would survive in nature either.

The short-legged cat is not some "abomination created by evil Yanks", as you may describe, hehe, but is a normally occurring mutation that existed in Europe prior to becoming a modern breed in America. The woman who found the mutation in a cat litter was actually of German descent. ;) She has since bred this mutation and it continues from generation to generation.

One should also note that this Munchkin breed does not suffer from defects, other than it naturally being unable to jump as high, while the dachshund does suffer from spinal problems because of its breed.

Personally I don't find them appealing and wouldn't choose to own one nor breed them. I like normal-sized legs on my cats. :)

http://www.moggies.co.uk/breeds/munchkin.jpg

http://www.pusscats.com/Munchkin_Cats.jpg

http://www.pusscats.com/Munchkin_Cats_1.jpg

PS: While I am writting this, my lil grey tiger is sitting on a pile of books right beside my screen and watching me type and move the mouse around. She is a very fragile lil feline with her 3,5 kg. The eternal kitten. :)

:animal-sm

cosmocreator
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
Those short legged cats are ugly. Look like freaks of nature.

Dr. Brandt
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Dogs are more useful by nature, however that still doesn't eliminate the idea that breeding them was anymore disruptive to nature than the short-legged cat. Cats are naturally not as useful, they are more of a luxury. What does a cat do except lay around, eat, sht, and sleep? In the past they were used to kill rodents, but now they are mostly for personal enjoyment. So in regards to personal enjoyment the short-legged cat serves its purpose.

City Dogs are just as "usefull" as city cats. They are also just for enjoyment or as status symbol.
Cats are still very usefull on farms. They "guard" the grainery against rodents.
I know a couple that has a garden-buisness. They have several cats who take care of the rodents, who would otherwise destroy the fields.
If cats were "useless" then God wouldn't have created them.

As to my kitty, allthough never trained, she's a very good "guard cat." If she hears a noise outside, she starts to stare in that direction and GROWL. Cats are very communicative. You just have to be able to understand them.

Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
Those short legged cats are ugly. Look like freaks of nature.
Just like racially mixed children, they are two kinds of ugly.

cosmocreator
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 08:44 AM

Mixed breeds are freaks of nature too. They are outside the continuum. They are not like either of the parent races nor can they reproduce either of the parent races.

Dr. Brandt
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 11:40 AM

I prefere one of those short legged cats to racialy mixed bastards any day.

Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 08:28 PM
I prefere one of those short legged cats to racialy mixed bastards any day.
I dont like cats to ill leave em both where they are :P

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 10:09 AM

I think dogs & cats have equal importance in nature & to humans (which is just derived from our selfishness) ..Apart from threatening intruders on my property, my two cats (to me) are more useful than if I had 2 dogs. They keep my garden & buildings free of vermin and rodents....yet have the sense to leave the lizards & spiders alone. They don't cause noise pollution (like stupid yappy little dogs), don't shit everywhere, don't need 'walking', baths every 2-4 weeks, are not prone to get fleas (due to their love of sitting amongst my herbs & Lavendar). My cats have the luxury of both indoor & a large outdoor life. They don't scratch up my furniture or scent indoors (desexed still do it) because they have trees & posts.
To coop up a cat in a house or apartment..is un-natural for the cat & I would imagine...terribly hard for the human. (constant litter tray cleaning & training not to scratch...not to mention when cats get that crazy streak & boundless amounts of energy..!! :laugh:)...Same goes for house-bound dogs!! :icon_sad: How do people keep a dog in apartment?!! Idiocy.. :suomut: Toy-dog (especially those little terrier mixed shits) breeds make me sick. :mad: In fact I HATE them with a passion. :tongue:

Dr. Brandt
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 10:30 AM
...not to mention when cats get that crazy streak & boundless amounts of energy..!! :laugh:)...

LOL! Oh I know what you mean! Mine starts racing around like wild. If you go after her and surprise her, she stares at you as if she has been caught at being naughty. She knows very well, that she is misbehaving. Then when you make the slightest move - she's off like a flash.
After she has "let it all out", she then walks casuly into your room, sits down before you and "gasps" or "sighs" of exhaustion.

I also love when they come in int the "torrero position". Ears laid down, sidestepping, showing their broad side, head low, tail bushy and curled. LOL - Playing tough "comon, wana fight!"

Cats are so entertaining!

http://www.havanaestudio.com.my/gallery/Ze%20Dancing%20Cats%202.jpg

http://digitalimaging.inf.brad.ac.uk/imagebase/jpegbase/CATS/CAT_0005.JPG

Skadi, check these pics! http://digitalimaging.inf.brad.ac.uk/imagebase/jpegbase/CATS/

http://digitalimaging.inf.brad.ac.uk/imagebase/jpegbase/CATS/CAT_0096.JPG

http://digitalimaging.inf.brad.ac.uk/imagebase/jpegbase/CATS/CAT_0180.JPG

http://digitalimaging.inf.brad.ac.uk/imagebase/jpegbase/CATS/CAT_0006.JPG
LOL brave lil furball

Oskorei
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 11:28 AM
To coop up a cat in a house or apartment..is un-natural for the cat & I would imagine...terribly hard for the human. (constant litter tray cleaning & training not to scratch...not to mention when cats get that crazy streak & boundless amounts of energy..!!

It can be done, but it takes a lot of time. I recently made my cat an in-doorcat (he used to be an out-doorcat), and everyone was saying that it was not going to work. I estimate that we play about 1 hour every day, and he usually sits in my lap when I read or surf the internet. When he gets the crazy streak, I throw bits of paper that he catches and sometimes tears to shreds. Visitors are forced to socialize with him :icon_bigg So he gets constant attention basically, and he hasnt destroyed anything or soiled mats or floor (the usual signs of an unhappy cat). But it would probably have been harder if he had been younger.

Eric34
Thursday, October 7th, 2004, 08:52 AM

No way, my cat is the most brutal... :viking2:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1614&stc=1

SaveEurope
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 06:08 AM
No way, my cat is the most brutal...
That thing could probably take on my dog too. Look at the those fangs!

Eric34
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 06:32 PM
That thing could probably take on my dog too. Look at the those fangs!

I have scary pict about my dog too. :viking4: :)

Freja
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 08:17 PM
No way, my cat is the most brutal... :viking2:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1614&stc=1

Yor cat definitely rules!!!

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, October 19th, 2004, 02:15 PM
I have scary pict about my dog too. :viking4: :)

Post them...German Shep? :viking3: