PDA

View Full Version : Many Indians Abort Unwanted Girls

Nordhammer
Tuesday, September 28th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Sheikh Azizur Rahman, Washington Times, Sept. 18

BOMBAY—Stockbroker Amandeep Singh had a booming business in Bombay and seemed a happy man when he learned that his wife, Seema, had finally become pregnant 10 years after they married.

The childless north Indian couple went to a temple and prayed to the Hindu god Ganesh to bless them with a healthy son.

But then, a secret ultrasound test showed the baby growing in Mrs. Singh’s womb was a girl.

“We want to have a small family with only one child, and we don’t want it to be a girl,” Mrs. Singh told a family friend. “There’s pressure from my in-laws—we have to have a son.”

So Mrs. Singh, 32, went with her mother-in-law to a suburban clinic and had the fetus aborted.

Afterward, she told the friend that she and her husband were now focused on trying to have a son who could be the “perfect heir” for the family and also for the business. If necessary, they would seek the help of a modern fertility clinic to help them choose the sex of their child.

The story is repeated countless times in Bombay and other Indian cities, where affluent parents are killing tens of thousands of fetal girls per year, hoping for a boy instead. A recent United Nations Population Fund report said the practice is widespread in India.

[Full Story (http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2004/09/many_indians_ab.php)]

cosmocreator
Tuesday, September 28th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I don't think we need any more Indians in this world.

Evolved
Tuesday, September 28th, 2004, 06:05 PM
The baby boom in the third world is a demographic and environmental nightmare. These people live in putrid flith and they are ever-expanding. I can't understand how these one-worlders look at video of Sudan or India and want the rest of us to become that. Mind-boggling.