PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to introduce a long-time friend and new member

Von Braun
Saturday, September 11th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I have known der Eisern Adler, one of the newest members, for about seven years. We met in college in Wisconsin. All of his ancestors hail from Germany, and his own ancestors founded Germantown, WI. He's been proud of his ancestry for a while, but recently, he has come over to our side, politically.

Loki
Saturday, September 11th, 2004, 10:25 AM
recently, he has come over to our side, politically.
This is very good news. Welcome, der Eisern Adler! :guinness:

Von Braun
Saturday, September 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM
He says that he has not yet received the email with the activation link in it. As soon as he gets it he will start posting.

Loki
Saturday, September 11th, 2004, 02:55 PM
He says that he has not yet received the email with the activation link in it. As soon as he gets it he will start posting.
I will activate his account right now via admincp. :)

Dr. Brandt
Saturday, September 11th, 2004, 04:37 PM
This is very good news. Welcome, der Eisern Adler! :guinness:

Change his name to "Eiserner Adler". Otherwise it wouldn't be correct.

Freja
Sunday, September 12th, 2004, 07:58 AM
A big welcome to Eisener Adler!

Eiserner Adler
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Hello everyone, it has taken me a few days to reply while my account was being activated. So I guess I'll start out by laying down my background. Kepler has been trying to explain to me the difference between UP, Alpine, Dinaric etc. As far as actual regions of the 1871-1918 German Empire where my ancestors immigrated from (even though my first ancestors arrived in the States in 1842), to the best of my researched knowledge I am:
- 1/4 Pomeranian
- 5/32 Rheinlander
- 1/8 Silesian
- 1/8 Berliner
- 1/8 Mecklenburger
- 1/8 Prussian (East or West? not sure, still researching this)
- 3/32 Hessian

Von Braun
Wednesday, September 15th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Kepler has been trying to explain to me the difference between UP, Alpine, Dinaric etc. As far as actual regions of the 1871-1918 German Empire where my ancestors immigrated from (even though my first ancestors arrived in the States in 1842), to the best of my researched knowledge I am:
- 1/4 Pomeranian
- 5/32 Rheinlander
- 1/8 Silesian
- 1/8 Berliner
- 1/8 Mecklenburger
- 1/8 Prussian (East or West? not sure, still researching this)
- 3/32 Hessian

I think that he has a strong Keltic Nordic component. He's tall (6'2'' I think?), slender, looks roughly mesocephalic at a glance, has brown hair and light brown/hazel eyes, and is very leptorhine.