PDA

View Full Version : WoW Stress Test Beta Signup

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 05:34 PM
I'm in, let me know if any of you get in and want to team up.

http://www2.fileplanet.com/images/140000/144890fil.jpg

http://www.fileplanet.com

AngryPotato
Saturday, September 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Wish I saw this earlier :icon_smil

I did the beta and played on Ysera. I liked the game a lot. I was able to go out in the forest and do a little fishing. A group of us from work plus extended friends will probably be playing when released. We'll do East Coast/Ysera or whatever PVP server is available. As it stands we'll end up going Horde. I'll let you know in case you are interested.

Nordhammer
Saturday, September 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I went with the lowest populated server at the time, which was Nozdormu. Had a great time, it's a fun game. It's so much better than EQ and other mmorpg's out there. So many of them make it difficult for the player to advance and get things accomplished, they work against their customers, which I think is a bad move. Blizzard works with their customers, they want them to have fun and get things done, which is why you can level really fast at first and then decently advance at least a level or 2 a day while accomplishing many quests. It's a more natural and rewarding progression.

I played an Undead mage for most of the time, but I also dabbled in many others. I really like the Undead, as the art for their environments is very interesting, it's like playing a horror movie. Plus they're somewhat modelled after Nordic heathens with their black metal dancing. The rest of the Horde is not as cool IMO.

I'll be getting the collector's edition when it first comes out. I'll probably go on the server I was already on unless it's not available. Maybe we can coordinate and get on the same server?

I'm told there will be an open beta before the retail ships. I'll post the information here, altho not many people seem to be looking at this thread.

Yggdrasil
Sunday, September 19th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I will play it only on a freeshard since there is going to be one as as as i know...

Nordhammer
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 12:19 AM
WoW will be released in Europe in 1st quarter 2005. European servers will be separate from American ones, altho I did read that Europeans can buy the American version and play on American servers (which many will probably do).

Everyone is welcome to play on my server and we'll join up. :)