PDA

View Full Version : The Day After Tomorrow (2004)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 03:30 AM
DVD-rip released yesterday!

Download it! (http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2501/The.Day.After.Tomorrow.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.torrent)

IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/)

Milesian
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 04:50 PM
I watched it on Saturday on the plane home from holiday.
It was pretty good but I was somewhat disappointed in it

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Reviews said it wasn't as good as they made it out to be, which is typical for Hollywood. Can't count the times the previews took all the best clips of the movie and the rest of the movie sucked.

Von Braun
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 03:22 AM
It was an interesting plot. However, they snuck some race-mixing into it (the UK black scientist has a white wife).

AngryPotato
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 03:43 AM
The third world saves western civ :rotfl:

I liked the effects, but overall the movie wasn't my taste in cinema.

Milesian
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 01:41 PM
It was an interesting plot. However, they snuck some race-mixing into it (the UK black scientist has a white wife).

Yeah, I noticed that too.
And the whole thing about US refugees illegally trying to enter Mexico was...interesting ;)

Von Braun
Wednesday, September 1st, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too.
And the whole thing about US refugees illegally trying to enter Mexico was...interesting ;)

Yeah I laughed my ass off in the theater for that part. The irony was not lost on me. ;)

AngryPotato
Thursday, September 2nd, 2004, 04:42 AM
I saw this movie in the theater and there were several people laughing during the reverse border run including myself. I think the funniest part was that I'd never even considering going across my nations southern border unless I was fully equipped in a Striker apc and ready to extend my nations borders with zero tolerance for the current population. :viking3:

Nordhammer
Thursday, September 2nd, 2004, 04:54 AM
I just finished watching it. It was pretty lame and unrealistic. The part with the wolves attacking them was so ridiculous. Wolves would never attack people like that, leap at them, and bash down doors. LOL

Yeah, the whole "we thank the third world for helping us" was obviously a lame attempt at political correctness.

The only thing worth seeing was the CGI.