PDA

View Full Version : Postcard From Norge :)

+Suomut+
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 12:34 AM
MANY, MANY!!!!!! years ago, I used to have an online Bavarian girlfriend from/in Augsburg...she had/has kinfolk in Norge (someone in her family had married either a Norseman or Norsewoman...I forget the details) and used to take vacations in Norge because of it. One time while vacationing there, she mailed me the below postcard featuring various pictures/scenes from the land, which I was utterly elated to recieve from her!!! :) I've attached it is for everyone's viewing pleasure, open it up to see it, below are the places whence the scenes (enumerated matching the postcard) come :) --v

Nordkapp.
The Midnight Sun.
Stamsund.
Nordfjord.
Heddal Stavechurch.
Briksdalen.
Geiranger.
Brekkestø.

Here are my two favorites from it (#s 4 & 5):

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=889&stc=1

EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! :suomut: :love: :icon_surp :icon_redf :animal-sm :icon_wink :icon_smil REDHEADED/PALE/RUDDY SKINNED!!!!!!!!! Norse woman of Nordfjord in traditional dress. That is truly one of the LOVELIEST scenes I've ever beheld! :) My only regret about this picture is that it is so small, for I think I'd kill to be able to see this LOVELY WOMAN up close!!! :( lol ;) She's a prime example for me when I say that Norsewomen as a general rule are some of the most BEAUTIFUL!!! women on earth. :suomut:

CAREFUL NOTE: I LOVE!!!!! Guest :love: :love: :love: MORE! THAN HER!!!! hehehe :icon_wink :icon_smil

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=890&stc=1

I LOVE!!!! this stavechurch too!!! :) My 'ex' told me all about visiting this LOVELY/BREATHTAKING :icon_surp !!! church...as a matter of fact, she, her aunt, and their kinfolk celebrated the aunt's birthday near that church, back then in the '90s.

Enjoy, y'all,
+Suomut+ :viking1::)

Freja
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 09:33 AM
This really reminds me how lucky I am to be living in such a beautiful country. Come spring, I think I´ll take a trip to Western Norway (Bergen) to visit family. The route across the Hardangervidda and down to the fjords on the western side is absolutely breathtaking. When the sun is shining and the water from the glaciers give the rivers a bright turqoise colour, it´s green and lush everywhere, and the sky is blue, Norway is heaven on earth.

Naggaroth
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
This really reminds me how lucky I am to be living in such a beautiful country. Come spring, I think I´ll take a trip to Western Norway (Bergen) to visit family. The route across the Hardangervidda and down to the fjords on the western side is absolutely breathtaking. When the sun is shining and the water from the glaciers give the rivers a bright turqoise colour, it´s green and lush everywhere, and the sky is blue, Norway is heaven on earth.
I couldn't agree more. Norway is the most beutiful country there is. I've been travelling all around Norway, and know people all around in different places. And I have told everybody I know that the most breathtaking areas in Norway is:
- The western coast, mountains and fiords closeup and all these glaciers, and more.
- The midnorthern coast, during the summer we have the midnight sun and mountains as well. There they also have Norways 2nd. largest glacier.

I do have pictures of all this, but I haven't scanned them yet, so therefor I can't show them to you, but I can tell you that this nature is the most beautiful you could ever see.

But I do agree that these postcards is nice as well.

Naggaroth
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 02:19 PM
MANY, MANY!!!!!! years ago, I used to have an online Bavarian girlfriend from/in Augsburg...she had/has kinfolk in Norge (someone in her family had married either a Norseman or Norsewoman...I forget the details) and used to take vacations in Norge because of it. One time while vacationing there, she mailed me the below postcard featuring various pictures/scenes from the land, which I was utterly elated to recieve from her!!! :) I've attached it is for everyone's viewing pleasure, open it up to see it, below are the places whence the scenes (enumerated matching the postcard) come :) --v

Nordkapp.
The Midnight Sun.
Stamsund.
Nordfjord.
Heddal Stavechurch.
Briksdalen.
Geiranger.
Brekkestø.

Here are my two favorites from it (#s 4 & 5):

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=889&stc=1

EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! :suomut: :love: :icon_surp :icon_redf :animal-sm :icon_wink :icon_smil REDHEADED/PALE/RUDDY SKINNED!!!!!!!!! Norse woman of Nordfjord in traditional dress. That is truly one of the LOVELIEST scenes I've ever beheld! :) My only regret about this picture is that it is so small, for I think I'd kill to be able to see this LOVELY WOMAN up close!!! :( lol ;) She's a prime example for me when I say that Norsewomen as a general rule are some of the most BEAUTIFUL!!! women on earth. :suomut:

CAREFUL NOTE: I LOVE!!!!! Guest :love: :love: :love: MORE! THAN HER!!!! hehehe :icon_wink :icon_smil

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=890&stc=1

I LOVE!!!! this stavechurch too!!! :) My 'ex' told me all about visiting this LOVELY/BREATHTAKING :icon_surp !!! church...as a matter of fact, she, her aunt, and their kinfolk celebrated the aunt's birthday near that church, back then in the '90s.

Enjoy, y'all,
+Suomut+ :viking1::)
I forgot to mention that I've been in those places that +Suomut+ Mentioned. I've also seen The midnight sun and Heddal Stavechurch.
But I also have to tell you about the Viking museum in Lofoten. That is something I'll never ever going to forget. It is built like a vikingship turned upside down. And has many stories to tell. And according to that, Lofoten is really gorgeus during the summer with the midnight sun, the fiords and the whaletrips you can take. And also you can see the high mountains and see close at hand.

Mistress Klaus
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
:viking3: Please stop making me jealous people.
I live in Australia..an arid dry, part tropical, sometimes beautiful, wasteland..The beaches are our asset....but not my idea of paradise.

Since I was a child to adulthood..I dreamed of snow capped mountain tops, pine forests & frozen lakes to skate on. Thatched roofs and welcoming beers. :viking3:
Wholesome faces, hot food and good looking men. :laugh:

But most of all..the cold weather, the forests and the ice.

NSFreja
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I live in Australia..an arid dry, part tropical, sometimes beautiful, wasteland..The beaches are our asset....but not my idea of paradise.

Since I was a child to adulthood..I dreamed of snow capped mountain tops, pine forests & frozen lakes to skate on. Thatched roofs and welcoming beers. :viking3:

But most of all..the cold weather, the forests and the ice.You're welcome to visit Sweden during october-mars if you would like to feel the cold, see the frozen lakes etc...best time to see the snow and feel the cold is between december-february though...

I hate winter, usually it use to be 2 meters of snow and -30C this time of year here...now it's no snow and -2C...we even had +6C few days ago...

/M

Naggaroth
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM
If that is what you want, then Sweden and Norway is probably the best place to go to during november-june. Here in Norway, you can actually take a skitrip on one of the glaciers we have on the west coast. It is called Jostedalsbreen/Jostedalsglacier. Or perhaps you want to go downhill, then you can go to our 3rd biggest glacier, Folgefonna/Folgefonni.This you can do during the summer.

friedrich braun
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
You should move to Canada then.

But most of all..the cold weather, the forests and the ice.

cosmocreator
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
You should move to Canada then.

But only on the west coast will you find snow capped mountains. Mont Royal and a few ancient volcanoes in the Eastern Townships of Quebec don't count.

friedrich braun
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The Laurentians count.

But only on the west coast will you find snow capped mountains. Mont Royal and a few ancient volcanoes in the Eastern Townships of Quebec don't count.

Draugr
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Try Pittsburgh, the sun never shines here, it always rains (even in the summer) or snows. And the landscape is dominated by hills, trees, and rivers. I've been told it's alot like some parts of Germany.

cosmocreator
Friday, January 7th, 2005, 10:28 PM
The Laurentians count.

Yes, but as beautiful as they are, they are more like rolling hills when compared to the Rockies.

Náttfari
Wednesday, March 9th, 2005, 04:57 PM
http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=890

This would look better like this:

http://burzum.org/img/gallery/various/big/17.jpg