PDA

View Full Version : Randy Rhodes...Noršid "Axeman" Of Old

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Some of you 'old-school' metalheads probably remember good ole' Randy Rhodes (a Noršid "Axeman" who used to play for Ozzy...now deceased). I've always loved to hear Randy's work, and he's one of my favorite guitarists. Rest In Peace, Randy, you deserved FAR MORE! :suomut: :icon_sad: :( :redface: :|
:icon_arro

http://www.meleemulteemeedia.com/art/rockers/ozzie_randy.jpghttp://phantasm777.crosswinds.net/sabbath/ozzyrandy81.jpg

http://www.triadweb.com/music/swanson/images/rhodes.jpg

http://binfo.ym.edu.tw/steve/metal.5.jpg

:hvešrungur:
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Randy was a great guitar player, his solo in Crazytrain was fucking amazing.

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Randy was a great guitar player, his solo in Crazytrain was fucking amazing.Yeah he was & INDEED! on Crazytrain! :) There's another Ozzy song wherein he has a solo I like even better than that one, but I can't think of it at the moment...maybe it'll come to me. :-\ (I'm getting old and senile!! lol ;) ).

I tell ya', man, I used to play bass back in the day ('80s-90s); so I was always around a bunch of guitarists (many of whom were good friends) and believe you me, back in those days (esp. the '80s) Randy was like GOD! to all of those guys!! lol ;) Things are different now, though, there are probably quite a few of the younger guitarists these days who've never even heard of Randy (although, some do, I've found this out with some of the younger musicians out there).

Back then, though, Randy was 'the MAN!' with a lot of guitarists, absolutely. ;) :)

:hvešrungur:
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah he was & INDEED! on Crazytrain! :) There's another Ozzy song wherein he has a solo I like even better than that one, but I can't think of it at the moment...maybe it'll come to me. :-\ (I'm getting old and senile!! lol ;) ).

I tell ya', man, I used to play bass back in the day ('80s-90s); so I was always around a bunch of guitarists (many of whom were good friends) and believe you me, back in those days (esp. the '80s) Randy was like GOD! to all of those guys!! lol ;) Things are different now, though, there are probably quite a few of the younger guitarists these days who've never even heard of Randy (although, some do, I've found this out with some of the younger musicians out there).

Back then, though, Randy was 'the MAN!' with a lot of guitarists, absolutely. ;) :)
You need to check out Black Label Society, the guitar player was the one who replaced Randy for Ozzy when he passed and now he has his own band. I made a thread about BLS. Check it out, no offence to randy or his memory but Zakk Wylde wipes the floor with Randy or any other guitarist as far as metal goes IMO (Yes he even kicks Dimebags ass)

Mistress Klaus
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 11:29 AM
You need to check out Black Label Society, the guitar player was the one who replaced Randy for Ozzy when he passed and now he has his own band. I made a thread about BLS. Check it out, no offence to randy or his memory but Zakk Wylde wipes the floor with Randy or any other guitarist as far as metal goes IMO (Yes he even kicks Dimebags ass)

Zakk has his style & Randy has his. The Randy period was the best Ozzy in my opinion...then Jake E Lee.

Diary of a Madman...come on...a masterpiece. :icon_smil

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Zakk has his style & Randy has his. The Randy period was the best Ozzy in my opinion...then Jake E Lee.

Diary of a Madman...come on...a masterpiece. :icon_smilSpoken like a TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! guitarist, I can TELL!!! hehehehe lol ;) :) I think each "Ozzy Era" should be given its due respect...so, it's not fair to 'clash' each specific lead axeman with Ozzy against the other. ;) Now, I've never seen Randy or Zakk live; but I have seen Jake E. Lee live (with David Lee Roth back in the '80s), and Lee was AWESOME!! then (along with Billy Shehan!!!! :O :O :O on bass!!!).

I love Zakk too, absolutely! VERY MUCH!! so!! :)

Oh, THANK YOU DARLIN'!!! for reminding me of the Randy work for Ozzy I had forgotten about...yeah, it was on that album and diddy: Diary of a Madman <--some of Randy's BEST!!! work...hands down!! :)

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, August 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Heil Randy! :viking3:

I can hear the 'Mr Crowley' solo in the Abba song 'Head over Heels' :viking3: I am pitch/key/scale sensitive. :icon_mrgr

+Suomut+
Monday, August 30th, 2004, 03:56 AM
I can hear the 'Mr Crowley' solo in the Abba song 'Head over Heels' :viking3: I am pitch/key/scale sensitive. :icon_mrgrDamn, girl, you must be TALENTED!!!! if you can hear that!!! lol :icon_ques

I think my favorite solo by him has to be his on Diary of a Madman :icon_ques. I never tire of hearing that. :)

:beer-smil Sweetie! :)