PDA

View Full Version : America's "Sister Golden Hair" ;)

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Some of you old-timers (those who remember the '70s) and those of you who like 'soft' music might recall (the band) America's hit from way back when, "Sister Golden Hair," which if I recall correctly was written about one of the bandmember's sisters. So, it's a song about a Noršid gal. :) I've always loved this song...always will. ;) :)

Sister Golden Hair:

Well I tried to make it Sunday, but I got so damned depressed
That I set my sights on Monday and I got myself undressed
I ain't ready for the altar but I do agree there's times
When a woman sure can be a friend of mine

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
And I just can't live without you, can't you see it in my eyes?
I've been one poor correspondent, and I've been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind

Will you meet me in the middle, will you meet me in the air?
Will you love me just a little, just enough to show you care?
Well I tried to fake it, I don't mind sayin', I just can't make it

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
And I just can't live without you, can't you see it in my eyes?
Now I've been one poor correspondent, and I've been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind

Will you meet me in the middle, will you meet me in the air?
Will you love me just a little, just enough to show you care?
Well I tried to fake it, I don't mind sayin', I just can't make it

Doo wop doo wop ...

cosmocreator
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I used to play that song alot on my acoustic. Yes, I play guitar if you didn't know.

Mistress Klaus
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yes I know that song and other America songs. :hug:

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I used to play that song alot on my acoustic. Yes, I play guitar if you didn't know.Dern, Cos., no, I didn't know that! ;) I play a little acoustic myself...(to steal a line from Dire Straits-->) "I'm strictly rhythm...I don't want a SCENE!" hehe LOL ;)

Yes I know that song and other America songs. :hug:Of course you DO! sweetheart!!! You guitar-playing 1/4 CONFEDERATE woman http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=174 you!!! hehe :icon_wink :hug: Actually, I HAVE been wondering just how far that song actually made it outside of North America! lol :scratch: Now I now some of you Aussies have heard it!! lol hehe ;) :)

cosmocreator
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Dern, Cos., no, I didn't know that! ;) I play a little acoustic myself...(to steal a line from Dire Straits-->) "I'm strictly rhythm...I don't want a SCENE!" hehe LOL ;)

I have an electric guitar too but I prefer the acoustic. I play piano too. I have a Roland synthesizer but much prefer to feel the weight of the keys on an actual piano.

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I have an electric guitar too but I prefer the acoustic. I play piano too. I have a Roland synthesizer but much prefer to feel the weight of the keys on an actual piano.I hear ya' man. :-) I've had a few electric guitars myself...I'm more of an acoustic man, though (but, I'm a bass-man too, so that explains it with the rhythm obsession! lol ;) ). And, I've played a bit of keyboards on the piano also! lol...yeah, you're right, there's a much more 'purist' feel to playing the REAL keyboards versus the 'electric' kind! lol ;)