PDA

View Full Version : Do You Like Black Metal?

pingmp3
Friday, October 4th, 2002, 08:15 PM
I just want you to reply at my question :
what do you think of bands like marduk, mayhem , immortal etc.
it's quite cool music :)
bye

Ederico
Friday, October 4th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Although I do not like Satanism as I consider mostly a rebellious attack to Christianity, I love Black Metal and I prefer if it has a non-Satanic Content, preferably Pagan. Can you recommend any bands?

I've heard all bands you listed, I like them all. My favourite Black Metal band is Emperor.

einsatzkommando
Friday, October 4th, 2002, 09:32 PM
BURZUM

Legio_Melita
Saturday, October 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Black Metal, hmmm, here's a few:

Absu, Alastis, Ancient, Ancient Ceremony, Avrigus, Beherit, Bewitched (and no not that fuckin pussy pop band!), Carpathian Forest, Kovenant, Dark Funeral, Dark Lunacy, Death SS, Dismal Euphony, Dragon Lord, Etheral, Graveworm, Korozy, Love Like Blood, Mortiis, Necrophobic, Necrophagia, Opera IX, Ragnarok, Satyricon, Theatres Des Vampires, Venom, Witchery

Add these to your list and you're a guru :)

pingmp3
Monday, October 7th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Well Nazzjonalist , I think all the real black metal scene is satanic ,
and i don't know if you have ever heard about the inner black circle composed of mayhem and other's black metal group , this "circle" destroyed many church and killed the "false" black metal band (communist or no-satanic)
bye

Ederico
Monday, October 7th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by pingmp3
and i don't know if you have ever heard about the inner black circle composed of mayhem and other's black metal group , this "circle" destroyed many church and killed the "false" black metal band (communist or no-satanic)
bye

I know about that thanks. What I mean is that I love Black Metal but I don't identify much with the Satanic Lyrics and lifestyle.

Hellstar
Monday, October 7th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by pingmp3
I just want you to reply at my question :
what do you think of bands like marduk, mayhem , immortal etc.
it's quite cool music :)
bye
I been into the scene for over 14 years, and seen all 3 bands above in person and yes we are people here who love old brave music.

Welcome.

I think all the real black metal scene is satanic ,

that's not quite true, It was both admixture of Christian oppositional Satanism (thus mostly Dr swandor Lavey and new braches) but rather ancient Odinism brought alive, The main personality behind the church burning was our leader great Varg he didn't kill Euronymous because of unsatanized tendencies, I would say rather the opposite, he despised his cheap Satanism. rather Euronymous was communist or not is a abit hoax, he read some Red magazines and had a sporadic flirtation with the movement in his early teens (like most seeking teen individuals) but quickly he removed him self from its tentacles, but rather he carried some tiny communist ideas on is abit uncertain.

Euronymous often had the reputation of being in love with the bizarre and fame.

He loved the the portrayed image of Mayhem as his band and his invention. he talked to much in the undefined black metal circle and those among those with backbone soon recognized him to be nothing but a harmless denouncer.

Hellstar
Saturday, October 12th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Yggdrasil
What is it with Black metal ? I think WHITE Metal sounds a lot nicer ;)

NO and I tell you why, some people already invented the term White metal and it means some Christians trying to play Aryan/Viking metal with Judea pig lyrics, so maybe now you see why its not preferable.

Occultus
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 03:13 AM
It seems that a good many people I talk to in and around this board have a liking towards this type of music...so let's talk about it here! Who are some of your favorite bands? Why?

Here are a FEW of mine:

Graveland
Darkthrone
Thor's Hammer
Ohtar
Odal
Wyrd
Watain
Woodtemple
Nokturnal Mortum
Mayhem
Krieg
Aryan Terrorism
Ad Hominem

those are just a few...let's get this thread started!
:laugh:

:hveðrungur:
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 03:24 AM
It seems that a good many people I talk to in and around this board have a liking towards this type of music...so let's talk about it here! Who are some of your favorite bands? Why?

Here are a FEW of mine:

Graveland
Darkthrone
Thor's Hammer
Ohtar
Odal
Wyrd
Watain
Woodtemple
Nokturnal Mortum
Mayhem
Krieg
Aryan Terrorism
Ad Hominem

those are just a few...let's get this thread started!
:laugh:
Well bro, there are the bands you listed and these others:

Capricornus
Der Sturmer
Pantheon
Wulfhere
Grom
Genocide Kommando
Godless North
Warhead (Mix of RAC and Black Metal, one of Knjazz Varggoths side projects)
Panzerfaust (Germany)
Spear of Longinus
Absurd
Burzum
Totenburg
Warcry
Wotanic Commando
Wotanorden
Wolfthrone
Woodtemple

NormanBlood
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 04:38 AM
My favourites are as follows:
Burzum
Emperor
Darkthrone
Graveland
Immortal
Setherial
Judas Iscariot
Godless North

Other bands I like though are not my favourites are: Azaghal(Helveten Yhdeksan Piiria), Limbonic Art, Funeris Nocturnum(only first), Frozen Shadows, Noktrunal Mortem.

My taste in black metal is pretty much limited to bands that play(ed) in the original style of late 80's early 90's. As you've probably noticed, a lot of the bands I like are no longer in existance. This is because I think the "black metal phenomenon" was limited to a certain place in time. The newer groups tend to stray too much away from the original for my liking. I have never been a satanist myself and though some of these bands do have satanic lyrics I tend to view it in a different light. But I won't blabber on about my ideas on the issue;)

Occultus
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 05:13 AM
But I won't blabber on about my ideas on the issue;)

Please do! I started this thread to talk about it!

I agree though..the 'raw' sounding black metal seems to fit the whole ideology of it much better than 'newer' black metal bands...I don't want to throw names around, because those of us who listen to it know where the shite lies....but still..let's talk more about it, because i think the 'early' sound of the black metal movement is dying out..and we need to promote bands that honor the old style!

Friday, August 13th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Please do! I started this thread to talk about it!

I agree though..the 'raw' sounding black metal seems to fit the whole ideology of it much better than 'newer' black metal bands...I don't want to throw names around, because those of us who listen to it know where the shite lies....but still..let's talk more about it, because i think the 'early' sound of the black metal movement is dying out..and we need to promote bands that honor the old style!
I do like some progressive black metal tho, look at graveland, when darken started this project it was raw hatefull black metal and since then its progressed to epic pagan/vikingish war black metal and I wont lie, I enjoy the newer graveland more than I do the old. Carpathian Wolves was great but id choose Creed of Iron over it any day.

Vigrid
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 06:36 AM
My favorite bands

Burzum
Windir
Kvist
Wyrd
Månegarm
Sigrblot
Valkyria
Graveland
Temnozor
Nargaroth
Pantheon
Wotanorden

Friday, August 13th, 2004, 06:40 AM
My favorite bands

Burzum
Windir
Kvist
Wyrd
Månegarm
Sigrblot
Valkyria
Graveland
Temnozor
Nargaroth
Pantheon
Wotanorden
Ahhhhh FUCK!!! I forgot Temnozor :(

np Temnozor - White Thunder Roars

NormanBlood
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Yes the raw sound of the original bands is what defined the style and I can't quite understand bands that try to revamp it. I see black metal as something beyond music. I think music just helped give the idea substance. However, what is difficult for most people in the metal scene to understand is that black metal, in its purest sense, is "over". Just like you don't have any successful classical composers in our day and age, I think its impossible to have any new successful black metal bands. This is why I listen to only the older bands and bands who came just about directly after (Judas Iscariot, Setherial, Godless North etc.) because at least in those bands there is a remnant of the ideology. I see nothing in the newer "black metal bands". Even the "underground"(which is not so underground anmore) itself is pretty much 99% wannabe. You either have your satanists who try everything to mimick the past yet fail to understand it, then you have your "pagans" who in fact aren't all that Heathen at all and just sit around all day yelling "hail Odin" and "hail Thorburn" and "burn the church!" claiming how "that was soooo Viking dude" when they are probably just as degenerate as the modern masses. There are tons of those around where I live.

If you look at the "veterans", they've came and gone. The old "satanic" black metal movement in itself kick started a new wave and a new concept that is far from satanic in any way.

Now black metal is something I listen to because I enjoy the music and I understand what spawned it, Hel its what gave birth to the ideas in my own head. Just look at Varg's music from Burzum/Aske to Hlidskjalf, thats how my thoughts went and I still consider Daudi Baldr and Hlidskjalf to be "more black metal" than Dimmu Borgir, Kult ov Azazel etc.. This is what I mean by evolution and "beyond music". But now many are passed that, which is why I say again..no such thing as "black metal" anymore;) Its time is over, it was a stepping stone and kick start to an evolution of thought. So I just listen to my old bands and let the new continue on as they may but I sure as Hel won't be listening to them;)

Yggdrasil
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Absurd
Thyrfing
Manegarm
XIV Dark Centures
Aaskereia
Troll
Menhir
Mithotyn
Nordishes Blut
Throne of Ahaz

are some more...

Zyklop
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Mostly old-style Norwegian Black Metal:

Darkthrone
Burzum
Emperor (old)
Satyricon (old)

Sweden:
Bathory
Dissection
Marduk (esp. Those of the unlight)

I can agree to all what has been written by NormanBlood in her last post.

Mistress Klaus
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Mostly old-style Norwegian Black Metal:

Darkthrone
Burzum
Emperor (old)
Satyricon (old)

Sweden:
Bathory
Dissection
Marduk (esp. Those of the unlight)

I can agree to all what has been written by NormanBlood in her last post.

:viking3: Yes I am more of Zyklops taste. Also old Immortal & Mayhem. To be honest I think there is a certain amount of good bands, but it comes to the point where there is just too many that sound the same. This goes for every genre of musik. :icon_smil I choose my favorites & stick to them.

My musik (the link below)...Nothing in Asgard would make me rid myself of my old (heavy) metal influences in the way of guitar tone...he he....(bottomed end & Pentonic lead solo's on a classic Les Paul & Marshall :icon_evil )...
http://hosting.skadi.net/SKADI/MP3s/
http://hosting.skadi.net/SKADI/PHOTOS/

NormanBlood
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I probably shoudl have specified a bit more, as Zyklop did in his post, about Emperor and Darkthrone. I am not a great fan of the IX Equilibrium and Prometheus albums so (old) Emperor it is for me too. My favourite Emperor album is In the Nightside Eclipse and no way in hel could either of those albums beat it!

About Darkthrone I prefer only what was written between 1992 and 1995 though some of their material prior to is ok to listen to at times. I however really don't like what they've been doing lately:S

paganwinterviking
Monday, August 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
mainly traditional(norwegian) black metal and old school black metal.

Traditional Norwegian:
Burzum
(old)Ulver
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Emperor
(old)Satyricon
Immortal
Gorgoroth

Old School:
Venom
Bathory
Celtic Frost
Hellhammer
Von

Old Winter
Monday, August 3rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
TujrIz5XaU4

velvet
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009, 10:12 PM
This page will inform about activities of antifascists against Pagan- & Black Metal and also informations which are send by you will be published. Every single one of you should show solidarity if help is needed, even if it’s not one of your favourite bands.

A herd wolves is stronger than a single wolf!

... to be against Antifa and their hunt doesn't mean to be into NS!

http://img4.abload.de/img/14c3c6101e07z9bo.jpg
http://img2.abload.de/img/paganmetalagainstafa0p3k.jpg

Metalfans Against Antifa (http://www.myspace.com/metalfans_against_antifa)

Sigurd
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009, 10:16 PM
About time! :D

velvet
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
This sounds maybe like a stupid question, but it is really meant serious.

Can someone please explain the hype for SECRETS OF THE MOON?

I always found them boring (and I listened to all their albums, more than once), and I absolutely fail to see their (ac)claimed "speciality". So, what is it?

Krabat
Sunday, September 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Although I do not like Satanism as I consider mostly a rebellious attack to Christianity, I love Black Metal and I prefer if it has a non-Satanic Content, preferably Pagan. Can you recommend any bands?

I've heard all bands you listed, I like them all. My favourite Black Metal band is Emperor.

bye

I know about that thanks. What I mean is that I love Black Metal but I don't identify much with the Satanic Lyrics and lifestyle.

Many Black metal bands do not consider themselves Satanists. Burzum (http://www.burzum.org) is not satanic.Ihsahn from Emperor (http://www.emperorhorde.com) said in interviews many times that he is not a Satanist. God dethroned (http://www.goddethroned.com) despite their seemingly blasphemous lyrics mentioned in a interview that they do not dislike the bible, they even said it was a good book they simply said that it was not an absolute. Kaiser (http://www.das-kaiserreich.net) is not a Satanist either he expresses hatred against capitalism and he's evil sounding vocals speak of daemons that attack the capitalistic industries. he never attacked Christianity in he's lyrics. Gernotshagen (http://www.gernotshagen.de) is a Pagan German band That speaks of old pagan miths not satanism.

CattyEyes
Friday, September 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
There are many black metal bands I really enjoy listening to. One no one else has mentioned is Veles and their music is pretty eerie and I love it. I've been listening to black metal for over 10 years and it's transformed in style since the earlier 90's. It's good to know that Varg will be doing another album and it's the first one he's in ages. He's no longer is prison.

I saw about 4 black metal groups perform one night, and that was such a fantastic experience.

JensAachen
Saturday, October 31st, 2009, 02:13 PM
my black metal faves are
Arckanum
Troll
Immortal
Bathory
Burzum
D.Masqurade
Emperor
Enslaved (Norway)
Dark Funeral
Keep of Kallesin
Isengard
Carpe Tenebrum

Destroy.To.Create
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
i prefer the older stuff, from the times of the origin of black metal, when it was still pure, and the soul was inside of the music.
because good music for me doesn't mean that it sounds clear and perfect, but it's made with the heart. good music takes you to another dimension, and it not only tells you a story, but you're inside of it.

the clear, consummated stuff you hear today hasn't even a story, most of the time. many bands are provit seeking, making a shame of the black metal spirit. my friends and i just laugh about them like it's a good joke.

my favorites (or at least the first albums) are:

-burzum
-darkthrone (the early years)
-dissection (the early years)
-emperor
-gorgoroth
-immortal
-mayhem
-primordial (isn't fully black metal, but still one of my favs)
-satyricon (the early years)
-taake
-månegarm

velvet
Thursday, November 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
the clear, consummated stuff you hear today hasn't even a story, most of the time. many bands are provit seeking, making a shame of the black metal spirit. my friends and i just laugh about them like it's a good joke.

Ah, well, the spirit often gets more ridiculed (in fact, made crying heartbreakingly in the corner of my room :D ) with wanna-be old school bands, who try to copy themselves or others, record their uninspired bs with a four-way and then sell that as trve old school :oanieyes

On the other hand, there are cool new bands too, who breath the spirit, but dont record their stuff in a garage just to sound 'trve'. ;)

Erlkönig
Friday, November 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Rather than post the iconic old school BM every right thinking man enjoys, as they have been posted many times prior, I have really been enjoying these BM inspired bands as of late - with folk influence ofcourse :thumbup

Ásmegin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV8EE_flSnY

Solefald

Early albums are very BM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3is25mXtyY8

Later albums more folk/avant garde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YEgRd_96oI

BlueEyedBeast
Tuesday, November 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Has anyone here heard of Svartarhid? I recently discovered them myself. I thought they were pretty good.

Viriax
Friday, December 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
There is a huge list of NSBM and other related in here www.blackmetal-lusitania.com, also a player which is up-dated regulary...

xamarth
Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I love black metal but I do not take it too seriously. Like Euronymous and Varg of Mayhem took things to the extreme. I don't buy into that. But I do love the imagery and the style of music. Its cool stuff!

Plushtar
Saturday, January 23rd, 2010, 04:43 AM
I will frequently listen to Burzum and sometimes listen to Graveland.

Burzum has always been good background music for me whenever I clean my house. Graveland, on the other, hand is only entertaining every few months. After I get bored with Darken's music, I put my CDs away for a few months before digging them out again.