PDA

View Full Version : Avoid BLOODY! Cut Wounds! ;)

+Suomut+
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 06:56 PM
Avoid BLOODY! cut wounds! y'all...here's me just today repairing my second bloodletting cut within a month's time! :(* ...just under the bandaid underneath my index finger right where my it hits the keyboard!!!...can you believe that!??! I can't! :-\ I cut it while fixing dinner. :( Right next to it on my middle finger on top right next to the joint if you look closely you'll see that scar (including the pinkish-looking crescent just near the joint)--that's my other wound from about a month ago while at work...I bled all over the place on that one and almost had to go to the hospital for sitches...but it finally stopped bleeding so I lucked out!!! :D Also, in the bottom right of the pic. is some of today's blood I lost! lol ;)

I would figure that right when I get one wound just about healed...another one comes a <expletive> long! :(

AVOID!!! the cuts, y'all!...they friggin' SUCK!!! :-|

Zyklop
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 07:17 PM
During my apprenticeship I cut my hands and fingers almost daily on metal swarfs, burrs or milling cutters. Overall I´m sure I lost almost a litre of blood in this time :)

Ewergrin
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 08:49 PM
About four years ago, my hand was pulled into the blade of a tablesaw that I was using at work. My hand was damaged to the point to where they couldnt even stitch it because there was nothing to stitch to.

Four years later, I am fully healed.

Nordhammer
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 02:46 AM
Woden has supernatural regeneration. :)

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 08:19 AM
During my apprenticeship I cut my hands and fingers almost daily on metal swarfs, burrs or milling cutters. Overall I´m sure I lost almost a litre of blood in this time :)Damn that SUCKS mann! :-|

About four years ago, my hand was pulled into the blade of a tablesaw that I was using at work. My hand was damaged to the point to where they couldnt even stitch it because there was nothing to stitch to. :eek:

Four years later, I am fully healed. AWESOME! :)

I rarely do cut myself, that's why these recent ones so close together are so odd. About four years ago I was working on my house and cut myself with a handsaw...I thought I was going to have to get stiches on that one too...but again lucked out...the bad thing about that incident was that I was alone at the time and kept wondering at the time "what the hell am I gonna' do if I need stiches?" since there was no way I was going to make it somewhere on my own. :-| That's the bad thing about getting hurt alone...potential death. :-| Speaking of that, I almost bleed to death in a fight/brawl about 14 yrs ago, and I was completely helpless in that deal because I had a severed artery, so I was soaking up whole BATH TOWELS! with blood during that one!! :-| , so there was blood all over every room I went in to (it was in a house--it's amazing just how much blood can pour out of the human body!)! :-| The thing about that deal, though, was that there were plenty of folks around (including a cop who helped save my life) who eventually got me to the ambulance. :-| I really did come within a few minutes of being dead on that BLOODY night--I wish I had pictures of that sanguine crime (attempted murder against me) scene--not that I was in any position to take any!--such pics. would have been good for my soul as far as putting 'life' in perspective goes :-| . No joke. :-|

Zyklop
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
I only had light to medium work accidents so far but I´ve witnessed some very gruesome scenes in the past.

Some years ago one of my co-workers had his hand in the belt of a huge box column drill and accidently switched it on (he wanted to tighten the belt while talking with some co-workers). When his fingertips were ripped off it sounded like the crack of a whip. They couldn´t re-attach the fingertips because the ends were totally squeezed and frayed.
He had to take painkillers almost half of a year and had to search for a different job. :(

Just one second of inattention and you´re done...

+Suomut+
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 12:03 PM
I only had light to medium work accidents so far but I´ve witnessed some very gruesome scenes in the past.

Some years ago one of my co-workers had his hand in the belt of a huge box column drill and accidently switched it on (he wanted to tighten the belt while talking with some co-workers). When his fingertips were ripped off it sounded like the crack of a whip. They couldn´t re-attach the fingertips because the ends were totally squeezed and frayed.
He had to take painkillers almost half of a year and had to search for a different job. :(

Just one second of inattention and you´re done...God, that's a HORRIBLE story Zy.!!!!! :eek: :( ...it makes me CRINGE!!! even just reading about it!!! :-|

Such thing are one of the scarier aspects of human life...never being able to predict what horrible tragedy/tragedies can potentially befall one. :-|

Ewergrin
Sunday, August 1st, 2004, 06:22 PM
Damn that SUCKS mann! :-|

:eek:

AWESOME! :)

I rarely do cut myself, that's why these recent ones so close together are so odd. About four years ago I was working on my house and cut myself with a handsaw...I thought I was going to have to get stiches on that one too...but again lucked out...the bad thing about that incident was that I was alone at the time and kept wondering at the time "what the hell am I gonna' do if I need stiches?" since there was no way I was going to make it somewhere on my own. :-| That's the bad thing about getting hurt alone...potential death. :-| Speaking of that, I almost bleed to death in a fight/brawl about 14 yrs ago, and I was completely helpless in that deal because I had a severed artery, so I was soaking up whole BATH TOWELS! with blood during that one!! :-| , so there was blood all over every room I went in to (it was in a house--it's amazing just how much blood can pour out of the human body!)! :-| The thing about that deal, though, was that there were plenty of folks around (including a cop who helped save my life) who eventually got me to the ambulance. :-| I really did come within a few minutes of being dead on that BLOODY night--I wish I had pictures of that sanguine crime (attempted murder against me) scene--not that I was in any position to take any!--such pics. would have been good for my soul as far as putting 'life' in perspective goes :-| . No joke. :-|

That's aweful to hear. Why did that person try to kill you?

aprilness
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 02:35 AM
+Suomut+, arn't digital cameras great?! Just a few short years ago we would have had to guess in our minds just how much blood you lost on that paper towel. Now we are fortunant enough to know exactly what you mean. :)

Mistress Klaus
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 09:54 AM
Alkohol has been my main injury cause. :p Talk about Jackass.. :D .

:o Cracked rib caused by one of my Marshall heads. (drunk at the studio and while lifting the amp head I smacked it extremely hard against my side.. :D ...didn't feel a thing at the time...but later..oh dear...agony for weeks!)
:o Fell backwards on this slate floored step (in the dark) at some stupid goth club & did bone damage to my elbow. (agony again for weeks, still feels & looks a little strange. :( ). I was more upset about the loss of the vodka bottle I was holding at the time!. :D
:o Drunken argument with a friend...threw a metal money box (locked & full of coins) at his head....(it missed luckily)..he threw it back at me...hit the side of my barefoot...I was sitting on the floor .(again another suspected fracture...limped around for weeks :( )
:o Idiot friend of mine...got carried away while listening to Celtic Frost & accidently smacked the back of my head against a concrete wall. Practically passed out...blurred vision..vomiting etc. :rolleyes:
:o Put my hand through a window (accidently) with fury at being locked out of my own house. Cut my wrist...blood everywhere.
:o Fire breathing with petrol :eek: ..No injury for me. Saw a friend ignite his whole face & rushed to hospital.

and so on and so on.. :o ...not to mention some of the other nutters I used to know in Sydney..(see picture)...

Allenson
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 03:13 PM
I slice a hand, finger, arm, or leg on an almost monthly basis. I just healed up from a nice notch I took out of my left thumb with a knife while trimming the plastic bed-liner in my truck. Ouch!

Tis the hazard of physical work and lots of sharp tools at hand. ;)

Nordhammer
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 05:44 PM
I somewhat enjoy minor cuts and abrasions.

+Suomut+
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 08:54 PM
That's aweful to hear. Why did that person try to kill you?Wod. are you interested in hearing a LONG!!! story!?! lol ;) If so, I'll recap it in most of its entirety!! ;)

Ewergrin
Monday, August 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Wod. are you interested in hearing a LONG!!! story!?! lol ;) If so, I'll recap it in most of its entirety!! ;)

Sure. Either here, or in PM if you'd like.

bocian
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2004, 11:16 PM
I get cuts and bruises everyday. The worst are splinters that get underneath your fingernails. :mad:

+Suomut+
Wednesday, August 4th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Sure. Either here, or in PM if you'd like.I may post a separate thread on it sometime...regardless, I'll tell you and everyone else what happened with all of that some time soon in future. ;)

Evolved
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I almost sliced my pinky finger off a few months ago opening a can of cat food. Damn cats... :icon_lol: A long time ago I got 2 fingers caught in the hinged part of a steel door when it was slammed. :eek: I had both fingernails removed. My younger brother had a lot of open headwounds as a child, I got to see what his brain looked like at least 3 times. No pictures of any of this gross stuff, fortunately. Oh, and a couple of weeks ago I received stigmata while sleeping, why me of all people.. :violent-s

Eric34
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I had so many wounds. Mostly when I'm was child. I'm was like a stunt man on my little bicycles. :icon_razz
I'm always fallen with them.

Once I'm showed to other kids, how can a guy go down on a long steps with a little bicycle.. Uh, was big crash. An old man helped to me to go home. Was enough painful action with the bike, don't try that at home! :rofl: I made that, because I'm was professional 5 years old stunt man. :rotfl:

Hm. I had fight with gipsies, that was painful, when I'm smashed that muscular gipsy, and after the fight I did spit blood. :-o Was pain in my mouth. Uh...

But I had many crashes. Not so big, like my brother and his pal had! He bought a red car, was so good car. They made a round with that. First drive with that. After my brother came to home on foot, and he laughed. He said they went so fast with that. After they cannot control the car, and the car turned 4 times around. Was big crash. Sure when they brought back to home the car, I made few pictures. Watch them!

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=631&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=632&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=633&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=634&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=635&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=636&stc=1
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=637&stc=1
___

Eric34
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Sure the aryanblond guy is my brother.

Loki
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Magyarorszag :)

Loki
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Oh, and a couple of weeks ago I received stigmata while sleeping,
:scratch:

Eric34
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Magyarorszag :)

:icon_ques :beer-smil

Evolved
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 06:00 PM
:scratch:

Jesus loves me. :redface:

AngryPotato
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 06:03 AM

Are all of the cars in your country equipped with the steering wheel on the left side? I thought all of Europe were weird right seated slackers. :tongue:
One free spin in my silver bullet for your brother if he's ever in the US.

A man isn't a man until he slices something open and has a flap of skin patched back into place with duct tape. I like to believe that my hands are better looking with the duct tape healing method than if I had them stitched. Scars that I have, that have been stitched, are easier to pick out than the ones that I let heal naturally. Once in a while I even use Krazy Glue to keep things in the right place until they've healed enough. I don't recommend avoiding stitches to the younger folk, I just try to avoid medical treatment unless absolutely necessary. :icon_arro

Eric34
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Are all of the cars in your country equipped with the steering wheel on the left side? I thought all of Europe were weird right seated slackers. :tongue:
One free spin in my silver bullet for your brother if he's ever in the US.

Yes, all on left (this is not England). :tongue:

My brother and his pals are auto/motor/alcohol fans. :redface: He always talking about they drive drunk, they falling with motorcycles and crash with cars. 3 days ago he said, his pal is crashed with his car, into an 5 meters deep hole. Enough scary, huh? And there was a girl too in the car, who cried after that and alikes. But only she cried, the guys are was happy because the crash. (They are crazies.) :icon12:

GreenHeart
Sunday, August 22nd, 2004, 06:24 PM
About regeneration... my dad cut off the tip of two of his fingers with a table saw while building our deck, about half way down the fingernail, and the fingertips grew back as if it never happened. Today you would never even know.