PDA

View Full Version : Non-white women in film

Nordhammer
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I'm tired of seeing halfbreed women as the romantic roles.

Evolved
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Why do blacks get Oscars for portraying crackheads and whores when they are really just being themselves for the most part? Denzel Washington acting like a typical N1663R isn't the same thing as Tom Hanks acting like a semi-retarded person.

Nordhammer
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Why do blacks get Oscars for portraying crackheads and whores when they are really just being themselves for the most part? Denzel Washington acting like a typical N1663R isn't the same thing as Tom Hanks acting like a semi-retarded person.

A ngr playing a ngr isn't a stretch is it? It would be like giving oscars to those idiots in Barbershop... yeah, they really had to research their roles didn't they. :D

cosmocreator
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Think of the early days of film when they had to get white actors to play blacks because there were no black actors. Ah, the good ole days. :)

Northern Paladin
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:25 AM
I'm tired of seeing halfbreed women as the romantic roles.

Same here. Especially the casting of that odd looking mulatto Halle Berry as Catwoman.

cosmocreator
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Same here. Especially the casting of that odd looking mulatto Halle Berry as Catwoman.

Is that the one where her hair is blond? :rolleyes:

Nordhammer
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:52 AM
There is some precedent for it tho. In the old TV series they did use some mulatto woman as Catwoman for some time. Not that I agree with either of them. Turning Catwoman ghetto is just nasty and wrong. We all know Pfeiffer is Catwoman!

Northern Paladin
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:54 AM
I am not sure. But I find her unappealing in any hair color. Black women just don't look right as blondes.

Ewergrin
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 04:34 AM
I am not sure. But I find her unappealing in any hair color. Black women just don't look right as blondes.

You're implying that they look "right" at all, ever?

Evolved
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 05:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/5/51/Al_Jolson_Jazz_Singer.JPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface :p

Rachel
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 06:08 AM
http://iquebec.ifrance.com/catwoman/catwoman/berry/Berry_Catwoman-029.jpg

$10 to the first person that can point out what's missing here!

SouthernBoy
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 09:01 AM
I'm guessing: :D

1) A Crack-Pipe

2) The Demented Pommeranian that shreded her clothing

3) A 40 oz Bottle of Malt Liquor

Rachel
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Don't forget the pack of wild Niglets. Looks like momma' went and spent the cheque on her nails again.

Hollywood in her brighter days

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~UG99/graham/images/klan.jpg

Timo
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Did they mean to have the KKK look like their are wearing Pickelhaube helms.

Lenny
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I truly think that the reason "Catwoman" didn't make much money was because no one wanted to see Halle Berry as Catwoman. It doesn't have anything to do with Racism per se, it's just, would the average Joe Six-Pack want to go to a 'Superman' movie in which Superman is played by some Black guy? I mean, come on, that's like going to a movie about the American Revolution in which George Washington is played by a Black man! Personally, I don't even think Halle Berry is all that pretty. I'm always confused when people say she's so beautiful. It doesn't make any sense to me :confused:

Denzel Washington acting like a typical N1663R isn't the same thing as Tom Hanks acting like a semi-retarded person.I think Denzel Washington is actually a great actor. I've never even seen him in the type of role you're talking about. In every movie I've seen him in he plays a "good guy" one way or another...

aprilness
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Well we can teach monkeys to do almost anything.
Here is his latest quote for Denzel 'fans.'

Katie Couric asked Denzel Washington if he likes to keep his politics private, He said he's not one of those people. He does speak his mind.

Couric asked Denzel, Did you see Moores movie 9-11?

Denzel, "I didn't see it, I live in America, I grew up here, I'm an ex-slave"

I wonder who owned him?? LOL

I think Denzel Washington is actually a great actor. I've never even seen him in the type of role you're talking about. In every movie I've seen him in he plays a "good guy" one way or another...

Nordhammer
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I truly think that the reason "Catwoman" didn't make much money was because no one wanted to see Halle Berry as Catwoman. It doesn't have anything to do with Racism per se, it's just, would the average Joe Six-Pack want to go to a 'Superman' movie in which Superman is played by some Black guy? I mean, come on, that's like going to a movie about the American Revolution in which George Washington is played by a Black man! Personally, I don't even think Halle Berry is all that pretty. I'm always confused when people say she's so beautiful. It doesn't make any sense to me :confused:

I think Denzel Washington is actually a great actor. I've never even seen him in the type of role you're talking about. In every movie I've seen him in he plays a "good guy" one way or another...

Good actor maybe, great actor no. What range does he have as an actor? What roles has he played that are unconventional? He was either nominated or won an award for his role in Training Day. Why? Because a ngr can act like a ngr? I'm not impressed.

Nordhammer
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Well we can teach monkeys to do almost anything.
Here is his latest quote for Denzel 'fans.'

Katie Couric asked Denzel Washington if he likes to keep his politics private, He said he's not one of those people. He does speak his mind.

Couric asked Denzel, Did you see Moores movie 9-11?

Denzel, "I didn't see it, I live in America, I grew up here, I'm an ex-slave"

I wonder who owned him?? LOL

Right, don't expect actors to be critical thinkers. They're used to having direction, being told what to say and do, and acting on emotion, not logic.

cosmocreator
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Right, don't expect actors to be critical thinkers. They're used to having direction, being told what to say and do, and acting on emotion, not logic.

That's not exactly true. For not so well known actors maybe. But for many "A" actors and maybe even some "B" actors, they work with the director to create the character. An actor like Donald Sutherland for example may not like the way his character is written and says he'll do the role but that he is going to write his own character.

cosmocreator
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 07:13 PM

Negroes lack the intricate face muscles to make various facial expressions. They are able to open their eyes wide and show their teeth but not much more.

Freja
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Ive actually never thought about it, but when you mention it, my favourite actors/actresses are all white. Funny how the subconcious leads me in the right direction all the time. ;)

Nordhammer
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 09:16 PM
That's not exactly true. For not so well known actors maybe. But for many "A" actors and maybe even some "B" actors, they work with the director to create the character. An actor like Donald Sutherland for example may not like the way his character is written and says he'll do the role but that he is going to write his own character.

For the great majority of them it is true. They are followers, politically correct puppets. Look at Stephen Baldwin... now he's become a Christian and says Jews are God's chosen people. They're all insane.

Northern Paladin
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 02:27 AM
You're implying that they look "right" at all, ever?

No. I don't find Simian women attractive at all in any hair color.

cosmocreator
Saturday, July 31st, 2004, 08:21 AM
For the great majority of them it is true. They are followers, politically correct puppets. Look at Stephen Baldwin... now he's become a Christian and says Jews are God's chosen people. They're all insane.

That's true of the majority in any profession. Otherwise, there'd be no concept of employee because everyone would be self-employed.

GreenHeart
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I used to like cat woman when I was a kid because she had blond hair, so Halle Berry, a half negroid, as catwoman is especially offensive. :icon_surp

AngryPotato
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Julie Newmar was by far the best Catwoman even topping Pfeiffer. Very voluptuous and sensual.

http://members.aol.com/grootlore/julie_n.jpg

Vs.

Eartha Kitt (original negrid)

http://www.super-highway.net/users/altoot/kitt5.jpg

Vs.

Michelle Pfeiffer

http://home.austarnet.com.au/davekimble/album_files/catwoman.jpg

Don't get me wrong Michelle is a very beautiful woman and I wish she could give birth to my little UPs :love:

Catwoman would've made more cash if they had recasted the part. I haven't seen it yet and have no plans of going to the theatre to see it. Perhaps Hollywood will smarten up and not try to do a part 2.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 03:32 AM
$10 to the first person that can point out what's missing here!'

Underwear?

*Shrugs*

Anywho, I think Michelle Pfeiffer is one of the best looking women in the movie making business. But I'd have to see the rest of the catwomen in action to be a far judge.

SNPA classifies her as Keltic, but personally I think I'd lean more towards UP. What do you guys think?

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 03:52 AM
'

SNPA classifies her as Keltic, but personally I think I'd lean more towards UP. What do you guys think?

Same here. Her face is broader than the typical Keltic Nordic Face. SaveEurope is a good example of Keltic Nordic.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 06:37 AM
I never liked that negro even as a kid before I knew anything about race.

Eartha Kitt (original negrid)

http://www.super-highway.net/users/altoot/kitt5.jpg

Oskorei
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Worth remembering is also that Halle Berry is a mulatto, and Denzel by his looks probably also has some white admixture. I think its their white part that makes them goodlooking and good actors, finding a pure-bred negro with the same qualities would be hard.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Worth remembering is also that Halle Berry is a mulatto, and Denzel by his looks probably also has some white admixture. I think its their white part that makes them goodlooking and good actors, finding a pure-bred negro with the same qualities would be hard.

Most American Negores AKA African Americans. Have some white admixture 10-25%. That would also explain the fact that African Americans average 10-15 IQ points higher than Sub-Saharan Africans with no white admixture.

I think Halle Berry is something like 75% White. She still doesn't look half decent if you ask me. Generally I find those who are part Asian "Eurasians" to look far more attractive than Mulattos. The Negroe Characteristics such as Frizzy Brio hair,flat flaring nose, and Swarthiness are indeed very unattrative and tend to Predominant even in those who are less than half Negroid.