PDA

View Full Version : Take the Racism Test (put out by Harvard)

Lenny
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Harvard researchers have put out a series of tests called "Implicit Association Tests" that determine a person's biases. If you take the test you will see a series of images flash on your computer screen and you have to respond quickly to them...it's not very complicated, and you will see the detailed instructions at the site. All you have to do is have a quiet environment with no distractions for 5-10 minutes to take the test and have accurate results.

Follow this link: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html , and click on "Take the Race IAT"...it will tell you what to do from there. When you're done, it will tell you your result. Remember what your results are and come back here to share them if you wish, or just enter your results in the poll here.

Remember to have no distractions at all, clear your mind before the test, and go fast!

Zyklop
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:08 PM
-edited out- :D

Allenson
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Well, duh! ;)

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White American relative to Black American"

Northern Paladin
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Strong Automatic Bias for Whites. No test needed. ;)

Rachel
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:38 PM
InterpretationPercent of TotalStrong automatic preference for White48%Moderate automatic preference for White13%Slight automatic preference for White12%Little to no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black6%Moderate automatic preference for Black4%Strong automatic preference for Black6%

Only 48%? Well right there we can tell these tests are flawed.

Allenson
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:43 PM
InterpretationPercent of TotalStrong automatic preference for White48%Moderate automatic preference for White13%Slight automatic preference for White12%Little to no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black6%Moderate automatic preference for Black4%Strong automatic preference for Black6%

Only 48%? Well right there we can tell these tests are flawed.

No--read the paragraph above those stats--they are for everyone who has taken the test--not just you. ;)

And I quote:

"This table does NOT describe your data. This data reflects the results of visitors to the website. The percentages reflect the proportion of people who showed that level of bias."

Rachel
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Mm, interesting results

Zyklop
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Well, duh! ;)

Ahh, probably thatīs why all have the same results... :D
English isnīt my native language... :o :o :rolleyes:

Loki
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White relative to Black

:D

Lenny
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:54 PM

Only 48%? Well right there we can tell these tests are flawed.These are the results for everyone who took the test. Once you complete the test, they tell you what your results are and then they give you these results, the results of the general population, for the sake of comparison to see where you fit in with the rest of the people. I don't see why you would say it is flawed based on that. (EDIT: I see Dalonord already addressed this above, so please disregard)

Strong Automatic Bias for Whites. No test needed.This isn't one of those dime-a-dozen joke-type-quizzes that are littered all over the Net. This is a Scientific "Implicit Association Test" (made by Harvard University no less!), and I gotta say, it's quite an experience to take the test. Very interesting. You oughta take it just to see

Allenson
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 09:59 PM
This is a Scientific "Implicit Association Test" (made by Harvard University no less!),

The same people who publish Race Traitor no less! ;)

http://racetraitor.org/

Nordhammer
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Nords, the likes of which we have never seen. White supremacists even call you extreme. You are a super-nazi.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, July 29th, 2004, 10:30 PM
"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White relative to Black"

An understatement.

Allenson
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Ahh, probably thatīs why all have the same results... :D
English isnīt my native language... :o :o :rolleyes:

Well, my Deutsch is a far cry from your English. So take heart! ;)

Timo
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American relative to African American

All those Ape faces made me think I was watching the discovery channel for a secound.

SouthernBoy
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Strong Automatic Preference for White. True to my biology! :D Wow, thanks for the link to Race Traitor Dalonord. I am going to spam them so much! :D
I don't feel ashamed for opening the door and picking up books for whites but walking by for blacks. If I am a racist then I am a very happy one! :)