PDA

View Full Version : Are Negroid Genes Dominant?

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 08:34 PM
In cases of mixed Union between a Negroid and a person of another Race there always seems to be a Preponderance of Negroid traits in the Phenotype of the Offspring. Is this because Negroid Genes are Dominant ?

Allenson
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 10:51 PM
In cases of mixed Union between a Negroid and a person of another Race there always seems to be a Preponderance of Negroid traits in the Phenotype of the Offspring. Is this because Negroid Genes are Dominant ?

I have no scientific evidence at my finger tips to back up what I am about to write. So, take it with the proverbial grain of salt...

It has been my observation though that in terms of hair type, the Negroid "nappy" hair seems to predominate in cases of Mulattos...even in Quadroons though to a lesser extent. Pigmentation wise, again, the Negroid's dark brown and murky eye color is more common than anything else. The same hold true for hair color. Skin pigmentation seems to certainly be on the dark side but not as dark as a pure Negroid.

On the other side of the coin though, again based solely on my own personal observations, it seems that with Negroid/Caucasoid hybrids, while the Negroid hair type and pigmentation seems to be predominant, the craniofacial structure of the Europid "comes though" and might be dominant.

Here are a few to look at:

http://www.mixedfolks.com/africans.htm

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Yes the nappy Hair and dark pigmentation seem to be one of those features that are hard to water down.

Informative site. I never would have thought "Zack Morris" on Saved by the Bell was Half Indonesian! Some hapas look quite European. It seems that their phenotype always leans in either of two directions.