PDA

View Full Version : Favourite God/Goddess?

Timo
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Which is your favourite god or goddess and which culture/people does he or she hail from?

Mine would be Donar (Thor) which is of course the germanic god.

Zyklop
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Wotan / Odin - Germanic

Loki
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Loki? ;)

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 10:30 PM
I like Frey. I think he is Norse. :)

Ewergrin
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Woden, of course!
Anglo-Saxon

NSFreja
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Freja and Tyr (Tiwaz) would be my choice...and i doubt i need to tell in what culture they belong... ;)

cosmocreator
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 10:57 PM
I'm a Cosmotheist. So the idea of god and me are one and the same. I'm not sure where the idea came from but it's fairly old.

Ewergrin
Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I'm a Cosmotheist. So the idea of god and me are one and the same. I'm not sure where the idea came from but it's fairly old.

LeVayen Satanism teaches a similar notion, that man and god are one in the same, and that there is no higher entity than the Self.

I agree to an extent, though, that indeed Man invented "god," out of a (long abandoned) necessity and not the other way around.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 01:48 AM
LeVayen Satanism teaches a similar notion, that man and god are one in the same, and that there is no higher entity than the Self.

I agree to an extent, though, that indeed Man invented "god," out of a (long abandoned) necessity and not the other way around.

I'm sure Cosmotheism and Satanism are quite different. In Cosmotheism, the individual is part of the whole, not apart from it. We are part of the Creator and the Creator is part of us.

Ewergrin
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 01:56 AM
I'm sure Cosmotheism and Satanism are quite different. In Cosmotheism, the individual is part of the whole, not apart from it. We are part of the Creator and the Creator is part of us.

Of course, it wasn't my intention to imply that they are the same, only that from what I understand of both of them, they were comparable, even if on a minute level.

Zyklop
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 08:27 AM
I thought this question was just about most interesting gods and not about worship. Actually I´m no heathen.

Allenson
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Ing and Eoster/Ostara are surely my tutelary deities.

Prusy Krowlewskie
Wednesday, July 28th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Hermes Trismegistus 'Thrice great Hermes' / Mercury.

The patron God of Apothecarists and of Thieves: of those who practice Pharmacy and of those who loot Archaeological salvage ;)

There is a broad work scope indeed ! for the God depicted by the Romans of having winged heels, a Stahlhelm and Caduceus with intertwined serpents.

A most suitable God for the exiled Balt who has to live by his wits.

:hveðrungur:
Friday, July 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM
The god I feel the most personal connection with is Thor who was the norse god of common man. In my eyes thor was a noble, strong and great god, who himself was pure uncontrollable power in his own right. I feel a great connection with him becuase he was powerfull, not scared of anything and never backed down from a challenge and was allways honest and blunt when it came to many things (Qualities I like to think I have and uphold, like bravery and honesty and never "beating around the bush" when it comes to something I do not agree with) and if anyone has ever read the storys about Thor's journey to utgard you would know of his. I allso love being able to stand outside in a thunderstorm and listen to thor and feel the rains falling down upon me and my mjollnir, there is truely no better connection with any god than that in my personal opinion.

Aside from thor's personal qualities and the storrys about him I feel I connect with him on a spiritual level, like I mentioned before, when I am outside in a rainstorm and I stand there and let the rain fall on me I feel something throughout my whole body, something in my veins, a feeling I cant really explain or put into words. I guess it is just something you have to expireince for yourself someday, its like you are injected with a million millagrams of pure adrelaline, something you wont forget in your lifetime. (Anyone else ever feel this or am I just crazy? :eek: )

Väring
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2004, 05:50 PM
Definitely Tyr, or his Hellenic counterpart Ares ( which is, to me, more impressive sounding). I'm no heathen, by the way.

Prodigal Son
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Sventovit and Veles - Slavic, of course :)

Shaun
Tuesday, August 3rd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Odin - I respect what he did with the whole spear/eye/tree of knowledge thing.

AngryPotato
Wednesday, August 4th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Tyr, it is my belief that my family's coat of arms was created with him, or all that he represents, in mind.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, August 5th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Thor the Norse God of Thunder.