PDA

View Full Version : Nations where Nordic Race Dominates

zenos316
Sunday, December 21st, 2003, 11:14 PM
Its eastern ireland,eastern england/scotland, denmark, netherlands,northern germany, northern poland , western latvia,western estonia, and southwest finland,and most of sweden and norway fall into the predominant nordic category.

What about America,Canada, and Australia?

Loki
Sunday, December 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Its eastern ireland,eastern england/scotland, denmark, netherlands,northern germany, northern poland , western latvia,western estonia, and southwest finland,and most of sweden and norway fall into the predominant nordic category.

Your list is mainly correct although I'd add large swathes of Austria, Switzerland, Iceland and the Faroese. And even northern France, to a lesser extent.

What about America,Canada, and Australia?

These multicultural New World countries, along with South Africa, harbor Nordic populations, but to a lesser degree than the European ones, and subracial intermixture is more common in the New World.

Glenlivet
Monday, December 22nd, 2003, 11:54 AM
Of course, Austrians seem to be predominantly Nordid with some Alpinid and Dinarid elements. I would add Northern Belgium (especially the longer-headed, often golden blond and blue-eyed, tall Flemish people, note that the population of the delta region in Southwestern Netherlands is less Nordid than these Flemish, and perhaps more Alpinid).

What about Russia?

A friend of mine often say that one cannot classify "these mixed New World people". I disagree. There are as many sub-types in European regions whom have "mixed". Furthermore, types tend to recombine with a set of characters.

I can see many Americans, Canadians and Australians (selection from the most Nordid regions of the British Isles?) who are not only a bit Nordid, but are many times so in a pronounced form.

Your list is mainly correct although I'd add large swathes of Austria, Switzerland, Iceland and the Faroese. And even northern France, to a lesser extent.

These multicultural New World countries, along with South Africa, harbor Nordic populations, but to a lesser degree than the European ones, and subracial intermixture is more common in the New World.

Frans_Jozef
Thursday, December 25th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Northern France contains more Nordic-related racial types than the southern half of the country, the typical Northern Frenchman is high mesocephalic, has chestnut brown hair, his facial index hovers between mesoprosopy and leptorprosopy, light and dark eyes equally distributed among the population; Deniker and Vallois conclude that the North Atlantid race plays an important role in the resident population composition, while the Norids in the eastern departments have a stronger part in providing blondism.
Both in Belgium and Northern France the Alpinid comes over as a more gracile, less reduced though variety of Borreby, while the Auvergnat type is best deduced as a brachycephalized Mediterrenean, especially since roundheadedness in that region is of a late date.
Overall the Flemish and Walloons relate probably stronger to the SW Norwegian(in metrical sense), the latter maintaining its ancestral traits when a population movement moved into Scandinavia via the North Sea Continent more accentuated than here(gene drift, center-edge diversification..).

Loki
Thursday, December 25th, 2003, 11:09 AM
What about Russia?

Russia is partially Nordid, for sure - in the northwest more than anywhere else, I would imagine.