PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in a religion other than Christianity?

soniconez
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I'm looking to hear from people who have an alternative relegious belief that is not Christianity or Catholicism.

Please state your alternative relegion's name and a brief description about what the main beliefs are.

Thanks.

Here
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I'm looking to hear from people who have an alternative relegious belief that is not Christianity or Catholicism.

Please state your alternative relegion's name and a brief description about what the main beliefs are.

Thanks.

Christianity and Catholicism is the same. Christianity is the name of the different churches but all of them believe in Christ and the bible. They only change tiny customs. :D

Christian Church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Holy_Catholic_and_Apostolic_Church)

Roman Catholic Church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_Church)
Protestantism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism)
Orthodox Christianity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Christianity)

Aupmanyav
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Please state your alternative relegion's name and a brief description about what the main beliefs are. Thanks.That would be difficult, I am a hindu. I can tell you about my beliefs in short, 1. 'Sarva Khalvidam Brahma' (All creation is 'Brahman'). 2. 'Paropkaram punyaya, Papaya parapeedanam' (To help others is merit, sin is to pain others).

sheriff skullface
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
mine would be Odinism(Norse gods are the cosmic beings and collective soul of the Scandivian-Germanic indo-european race) but I also have an interest in Celtic reconstructionism(revering the Celtic tribal gods, like the Tuatha De Dannan, Fomorians as the cosmic beings of the Celtic indo-european race and their nations)

Esther_Helena
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Well I'm uh... some random form of pagan, who believes in all dieties, including the Christian God, reincarnation, otherkin (look it up). I don't have an altar or do any rituals, mainly because A.) I wouldn't begin to know how, and B.) I'm lazy/busy. I don't pray to or worship any dieties. Mainly because I'm undecided on who to follow. I'm leaning towards the Celtic ones.
I was raised Baptist.
One thing I never understood. That whole thing about Jesus being God. What's the deal with that? I thought Jesus was the son of God. How can Jesus be the son of himself? :scratch

PolitischerSoldat
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I do not really believe in any religion, like I said it already in the german part of the forum! This is just boring me! Only thing I would say that I am intrested in is to understand and to know something about the gods that my ancestors prayed to! This is interesting for me but the different religions today do not interest me! ;)

Janus
Tuesday, September 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Religion is just a (or a bunch of) philosophical ideas wrapped in a more or less dogmatic dough with some ritual sauce. I prefer the philosophical ideas pure and don't have a high opinion of religions in general. I don't belief in everything but I have a lot of hypothesis and consider everyone of those as possible but not as truth.

Aupmanyav
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Religion is just a (or a bunch of) philosophical ideas wrapped in a more or less dogmatic dough with some ritual sauce.Of course, everybody will have his/her ideas on things. But religion does not always need be what you mentioned above.

Liberator Germaniae
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
[...] people who have an alternative religious belief that is not Christianity or Catholicism.

Hellenic paganism has become my ideal religion, although I was baptised in the German Lutheran Church and maintain materialistic Christian traditions that have become part of German culture (such as Advent, Christmas, Easter).

The main reason for this may be, amongst others, the fact that art and architecture developed into the most perfect und highest developed forms under this pantheist religion during the Classical Period in Ancient Greece during the 5th and 4th century BC. Until its end with the ban of pagan cults in the Roman Empire during the late 4th century AD its complicated mythology had become so vast that it has not even been surpassed by Hindu mythology.

Although Hellenic Paganism had no pronounced belief in the Hereafter (= no doctrine), there were local cults with regional importance such as the Eleusinian Mysteries, the initiates of which claimed that witnessing the mysteries would never cause unhappiness anymore.

Basically I do not regard pagan traditions as being distinct from one another, but rather as being varying manifestations of universal pantheism.

Janus
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Of course, everybody will have his/her ideas on things. But religion does not always need be what you mentioned above.

Give me an example of a religion without any philosophical idea and without rituals. I doubt you'll find one.

sheriff skullface
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Hellenic paganism has become my ideal religion, although I was baptised in the German Lutheran Church and maintain materialistic Christian traditions that have become part of German culture (such as Advent, Christmas, Easter).

so if you believe in the gods of the Hellenic Greco-Roman soul, and you celebrate Easter, the ascending of Jesus into heaven, wouldn't that mean that your religion is actually a form of Christopaganism(I did, at one time have an in reading about the Celtic Arthurian form of Christopaganism)

Aupmanyav
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Give me an example of a religion without any philosophical idea and without rituals. I doubt you'll find one.Eastern religions, especially hinduism to which I belong is completely flexible. We do have hundreds of philosophies and thousands of rituals, but following that is our choice. What hinduism makes necessary is to follow your duty to family and society, follow the traditions of your particular people (hinduism covers many peoples, tribes, castes, etc.) and be correct in action, that is 'dharma'. Basically hinduism has separated the two, duty and personal belief. The first is essential, the second is completely free (to the extent that people like me are atheists). But since I have followed my 'dharma' (hinduism has no word equivalent to religion, 'dharma' means duty and right action), nobody can point a finger at me.

Janus
Tuesday, September 26th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Eastern religions, especially hinduism to which I belong is completely flexible. We do have hundreds of philosophies and thousands of rituals, but following that is our choice. What hinduism makes necessary is to follow your duty to family and society, follow the traditions of your particular people (hinduism covers many peoples, tribes, castes, etc.) and be correct in action, that is 'dharma'. Basically hinduism has separated the two, duty and personal belief. The first is essential, the second is completely free (to the extent that people like me are atheists). But since I have followed my 'dharma' (hinduism has no word equivalent to religion, 'dharma' means duty and right action), nobody can point a finger at me.

And dharma is no philosophical concept?

Aupmanyav
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Yes, 'dharma' is not a philosophical concept, nothing nebulous. It is how a person should act with his/her family, society, country, and with other people and their societies. 'Dharma' is what should be done, duty, right-action in a given situation. The other thing is 'vishwas' or 'mata' (belief or opinion) about Gods, creation, death, reincarnation, hell, heaven, and karma; and mine could be different from any other or all others (actually, I suppose, it is). They say 'Munde munde matirbhinna' (each head has a different opinion).

oneeyeisbetter
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Hail Odin and his children and his gift the runes. That is my religion and its NOT christian.

Kaiser
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 12:37 PM
I was raised Baptist.
One thing I never understood. That whole thing about Jesus being God. What's the deal with that? I thought Jesus was the son of God. How can Jesus be the son of himself? :scratch

You are most correct Esther! If you believe the words of the bible that is. At least mormons get that part right in their doctrine. I mean, who was Jesus calling "father" and praying to? Who called out from heaven and said, "this is my son with whom I'm well pleased"? Whose "will be done" did Jesus defer to? Himself? The trinity-indoctrinated convoluted christians seem to confuse people about all this every Sunday.

Anyway, it is far more plausible to me that the virgin Mary was artificially inseminated by aliens and that would explain that weird "star" that the wisemen(astronomers) followed as well. Alien intervention would explain most of the "miracles" of the bible anyway. And even Adam and Eve as alien beings mixed with some humanoid lifeform here on this planet makes sense of why mankind diametrically has the traits of both animals and higher beings.

Earth may have even been teraformed over eons by an intelligent race as well. Perhaps, they had to wipe out the dinosaurs long ago to clear a way for us, their celestial children. Or maybe the dinosaurs all became gay and perished with AIDS. I really don't care too much either way.

Zecharia Sitchen has some interesting theories on these types of things: www.sitchin.com if you are interested in that topic. Furthermore, there are numerous books with fascinating archeological evidence presenting at least the preponderance of evidence supporting some of these claims. I would share with you interesting transhumanism information from www.solargeneral.com but the jews have once again hacked this site as of my last investigation. Remember: Truth is the jews' greatest fear.

Never-the-less, I have worshipped with mormons, catholics, baptists, muslims, pagans, to include wiccans and theorized with atheists. I have no problem with Odinists, transhumanists, agnostics, or atheists. My Race is my Religion; all else being secondary.

Our Folk has for far too long been manipulated by the perfidious and parasitic jews into fratricidal wars and racial genocide based upon so-called religion or some arbitrary line on a paper map. The White race is scientifically and irrefutably superior on this planet. Empirical data bears out the Truth of this statement.

In fact, though the sub-species of our world (as influenced by the intelligent and conniving jew) actively pursue our utter destruction, be it openly or obfuscated through race-mixing, it is actually beneficial for all races to have the White in power. Under Aryan influence, society and civilization flourishes. The fruit of such progression which blesses all races is nourished through the Spirit of the Aryan.

Therefore, the religion of my soul is this:

I have a firm belief in human development and evolution toward a higher plane. I wholeheartedly believe in instituting both negative and positive eugenics. I believe in racial purity and promotion. I enjoy our Heritage, Lore, and Kultur which helps to perpetuate our Folk and Family's very survival. I believe in the betterment and distinction as a Race distinct and unique, along our earthly journey and well into the future of humankind.

If praying to Odin, believing in aliens, or Jesus helps us to get there, then Praises be to Allah! Whatever path you choose, let us at least adhere to this basic tenet:

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children.

Janus
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Yes, 'dharma' is not a philosophical concept, nothing nebulous. It is how a person should act with his/her family, society, country, and with other people and their societies. 'Dharma' is what should be done, duty, right-action in a given situation. The other thing is 'vishwas' or 'mata' (belief or opinion) about Gods, creation, death, reincarnation, hell, heaven, and karma; and mine could be different from any other or all others (actually, I suppose, it is). They say 'Munde munde matirbhinna' (each head has a different opinion).

Philosophy is not necesarrily something nebulous. The dharma is clearly a philosophical concept. It's a way of ethics and ethics is one of the main parts of philosophy and has been that since the ancient Greeks.

Tabitha
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I'll paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright, I believe in God but I spell it Nature.

Janus
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'll paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright, I believe in God but I spell it Nature.

Sounds like pantheism ;)

Aupmanyav
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM
It's a way of ethics and ethics is one of the main parts of philosophy and has been that since the ancient Greeks.I suppose it is better that I accept this, rather than contest it. What is nebulous is religion.

Osmaegen
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I am an Anglo-Saxon Heathen, which is to say I follow the pantheon of Germanic gods. It is a fairly philosopically advanced religion with such concepts as Wyrd and orlog, ideas on sacrifice, and in some cases, sacral leadership.

Steckschuß
Wednesday, September 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
go back to the roots..the roots is nature...

Imperator X
Thursday, September 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Shakta Hinduism and Advaita Vedanta with Classical folk religion. Shaktiism and Vedanta have a connected history. I believe in Shaktiism as far as the concept of a personal God is concerned, and ultimately Advaita Vedanta as it concerns God as an impersonal entity. I am also most attracted to the Classical Greco-Roman traditions and for some reason never felt the connection to the Celtic and Germanic heathen tradition, despite the fact that I am of Celtic and Germanic ancestry with only small traces of Mediterranean peoples. I read a Jungian psychologists criticism of the Nordic traditions and it was said that the feminine in the Nordic traditions is strangely either undeveloped or absent. This is not so true of the Classical traditions. The Greek and Roman concept of dharma is nomos and mos maiorum respectively.

Liberator Germaniae
Friday, September 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
so if you believe in the gods of the Hellenic Greco-Roman soul, and you celebrate Easter, the ascending of Jesus into heaven, wouldn't that mean that your religion is actually a form of Christopaganism(I did, at one time have an in reading about the Celtic Arthurian form of Christopaganism)

Maybe not. I was actually baptised in a German Lutheran church (and I attended a German-speaking Roman-Catholic Kindergarten), but that is how far my Lutheran roots go. I despise both churches for their present socio-political stances; actually I think that it is not such a bad idea to abolish the Lutheran church in Germany altogether.

I do however appreciate the cultural achievements that German culture has made under the influence of Christianity: for instance, I like listening to ecclesiastical music (Heinrich Schütz as well as Christmas music), and I also enjoy visiting historical (mainly Roman-Catholic) churches. I should stress that the material manifestations of Christianity in German culture are definitely part of my life, but I have absolutely no understanding for modern Christian doctrine.

When decorating or painting Easter eggs (real chicken or goose eggs from which the edible contents are extracted) or when celebrating Christmas with the Adventskranz (pre-Christmas floral wreath of 19th century Christian origin in Germany) or the Christmas tree, I actually have the pagan origins of these festivals in mind. Maintaining such traditions are part of my German national and cultural identity.

Jack
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hmmm. Marcus Aureliu's Stoicism is close to it.

æþeling
Saturday, September 30th, 2006, 05:44 PM
English ancestral beliefs

Spjabork
Thursday, November 16th, 2006, 03:25 AM
The other thing is 'vishwas' or 'mata' (belief or opinion) about Gods, creation, death, reincarnation, hell, heaven, and karma; and mine could be different from any other or all others (actually, I suppose, it is). They say 'Munde munde matirbhinna' (each head has a different opinion).
Now I understand why you were subjects of the Muslims for 1'000 years and could not free yourselves, but had to be liberated by the British.

You should thank them for 1'000 years.

Do you know that Ghandi offered the Muslims to be the masters of India again after the British left, if they only would not seperate Pakistan from it?

Aupmanyav
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 01:12 PM
History and time have their ways. Which country has not suffered domination by other people? And where the times have not changed? The 1000 years are but only a part of the Indian/Hindu history which has passed by. Even today our president, APJ Abdul Kalam, a renowned rocket scientist, is a muslim. And there is no constitutional bar on a muslim to be a prime minister of India. Today, we have a strong army, the bomb, economic, and technical presence. Hinduism has survived with honors where many other cultures have perished.

Weg
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 01:33 PM
What about Rastafarism?

Kaiser : you wrong. Everyone knows Marie was a Gaul and Jesus a super Aryan. Heil Jesus!

Spjabork
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Even today our president, APJ Abdul Kalam, a renowned rocket scientist, is a muslim. And there is no constitutional bar on a muslim to be a prime minister of India. Today, we have a strong army, the bomb, economic, and technical presence. Hinduism has survived with honors where many other cultures have perished.
The high fertilitiy rate of the Hindu population is protecting Hinduism from extinction/extermination.

D'Vadder
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I don't really believe in a religion... I have the same views as PolitischerSoldat:

http://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=543911&postcount=6

Aupmanyav
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 04:24 PM
You are right. Where as the immigrants/invaders came in hundreds of thousands, we were hundreds of millions. And soon after arriving here either they adopted hinduism and adopted Indian ways.

Aupmanyav
Thursday, November 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Spjabork, you are right. Where as the immigrants/invaders came in hundreds of thousands, we were hundreds of millions. And soon after arriving here either they adopted hinduism and adopted Indian ways.

Kaiser
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Without Race, religion is really sick to me. Many Whites here in America are thoroughly brainwashed religiously. They worship the jews as the "chosen ones." They believe in pacifism. Are judgemental. Adopt negroids from afreaka. And are hypocrites who disdain their own race. They ignore and distort scientific facts. Truly, many are some of the most weakminded creatures to crawl this planet.

http://www.crazyeh.com/images/smilies/funnny/caveman.gif