PDA

View Full Version : Any Examples of the Following Racial Sub-types?

Evolved
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 09:40 AM
These races aren't discussed as much or as well defined here as others. If anyone has examples or description of these types please post them. http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon7.gif

Pontic
Caucasian
West-Caucasian
Caspian
Taurid (Dinarid & Armenid are the subraces)
Mtebid
Carpathid
Berid
West-Mediterranean
East-Mediterranean
Volgid

Milesian
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 11:03 AM
These races aren't discussed as much or as well defined here as others. If anyone has examples or description of these types please post them. http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon7.gif

Pontic
Caucasian
West-Caucasian
Caspian
Mtebid
Carpathid
Berid
West-Mediterranean
East-Mediterranean
Volgid

Add Tydalid (Old Atlantid) :)

Triglav
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Add Tydalid (Old Atlantid) :)

And the numerous Baltic Sub-types: West, East, Valdaic, Savolaxid, Tavastid... as well as Aistin (West Baltic, Volks). Gorid and Iroano-Afghan are somewhat unclear as well (especially the former - is it the same as East Alpine?).

hantendon
Sunday, December 14th, 2003, 12:56 AM

Pontic
Caucasian
West-Caucasian
Caspian
Mtebid
Carpathid
Berid
West-Mediterranean
East-Mediterranean
Volgid

From memory...

Pontic (subrace of E.Med): medium to tall (mostly latter), dark hair, mixed eyes, less leptorhinne nose [found in N.E.Greece, E.Bulgaria, Macedonia, E.Rumania, S.Ukraine]

Caucasian/W.Caucasian: ? - Many types in the Caucasus, Georgian type looks Alpine (including mixed eyes, brown hair) with slightly convex nose, Ossetian type is tall, mesocephalic, darker hair/eyes, like a cross between E.Med and Pontic)

Taurid: strictly refers to Dinaric Meds as described by Kemp - mesocephalic to bracycephalic, convex nose, smaller headed, darker hair/eyes than Dinarics [Sporadically (broad region): N+C.Italy, W.Turkey, E.Greece, parts of Northern Africa, Coastal areas of Spain, Crete, etc..]

Mtebid (subrace of Taurid): Armenoid type in Caucasia, less exaggerated features), [Georgia, Azerbaijan, N.E.Turkey, East of Black Sea, mountainous regions]

Carpathid: similar to Dinarics but shorter face, still convex nose, mixed pigmentation, Lundman (who made up most of these names) separated this group mostly based on DNA differentiation, not morphological [W.Rumania, W.Bulgaria, Carpathian mountains]

Berid: short stature, dolicocephalic/mesocephalic, strong malars (cheekbones), broad short face, dark hair/eyes, some curly hair specialty, broad less leptorhinne nose, strong chin, browridges, hairy, stocky, not that different from W.Med, again, separated based on genetic differences [Sporadically: S.Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greek Isles]

W.Med: compared to above, less stocky, more refined gracile features, narrower nose, same pigmentation [S.Italy, Spain, Portugal,Mediterannean Isles., Greece (mixed with Pontic), Arabia (Arabid subrace), another subrace for Basque type, forgot the name]

E.Med: medium to tall (mostly latter), dolicocephalic, dark hair/eyes/skin, straight/convex nose, thick tip, low forehead height, long face, rugged not refined, projecting occiput [Palestine, Northern Arabia, Iraq, Northern Africa (Saharid subrace), Iran/Afghanistan (Iranid subrace), India (Gengid subrace), (? - Nesid subrace), by the way, Pontic is another subrace here]

Volgid: short, bracycephalic, mongoloid admixture, snub nose, small boned, seems to be a Danubian/Baltic/Lappish mix, ie, probably my guess equivalent to Ladogan [Eastern and parts of Central Russia]

Glenlivet
Tuesday, December 16th, 2003, 06:11 PM
What do you mean by "DNA differentiation"? Lundman did not know anything about population genetics, so I assume that you meant by ethnic origin. Lundman was rather geographical in his approach, so he follow his Italian colleague, R. Biasutti.

Lundman define Carpathid as Dinarid-(east)Alpinid, say the formation is newer, and he add information that it probably arised from ancient strains by Armenoid metal-seekers in Northern Hungary etc. In the end he think that it arose from Mediterranid "mixture with Armenids".

Carpathid is in his Taurid group.

Carpathid: similar to Dinarics but shorter face, still convex nose, mixed pigmentation, Lundman (who made up most of these names) separated this group mostly based on DNA differentiation, not morphological [W.Rumania, W.Bulgaria, Carpathian mountains]

Evolved
Thursday, December 18th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon7.gif

I remember what Pontics look like but not enough to describe them well, volksdeutsche showed some North Pontics (?) a long time ago, they were Russians or some Caucasian minority, but very tall, lean and fair. They were impressive looking. :-)

On the Caucasian/West Caucasian/Caspid types I'm just remembering those mentioned from "Red Book of the Peoples." I don't know what classification scheme they used for that.

Seems to be a lot of variations on the Dinarid theme, though.

This guy in the picture reminds me of the North Pontics volksdeutsche posted, as I remember them anyway.

Vojvoda
Thursday, December 18th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Seems to be a lot of variations on the Dinarid theme, though.

Czekanowski defined Dinarids as being Nordid+Armenid.Their origins are still a mystery I guess : P