PDA

View Full Version : Bush's IQ inferior to Average man's

Evolved
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Bush's IQ inferior to Average man's

Among US presidents who have run the country over the last 50 years, George W. Bush appears to have the lowest Intelligence Quotient (IQ). His IQ has proved lower than that of the average American citizen. According to the British press, the finding has been obtained by researchers from the State of Pennsylvania. Mr. Bush’s IQ makes up as little as 91 points, which is exactly half of his immediate predecessor Bill Clinton’s IQ (182 points). By the way, Mr. Clinton takes 1st place in the US president list by this parameter. Interestingly, Democrats prevail on the list.

In calculating the IQ, the scientists analyzed the following indices : academic performance in school and college, independently (without anybody’s assistance) prepared publications, speech lucidity, and psychological parameters.

The mean IQ value of man varies within the range of 100 points. Apart from George W. Bush, this level has not been exceeded by only one ex-president, his father, Mr. Bush Sr.

Below are IQs of 12 US presidents, starting from 1945.

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald Ford (R)
175 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald Reagan (R)
099 George HW Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
091 George W. Bush (R)

Ewergrin
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Where is the source of this information?

Evolved
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 05:38 AM
http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/08/07/11985.html

Abby Normal
Wednesday, December 24th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Personally, I find it to be no coincidence that Reagan and the two Bushes scored lowest!

Dr. Solar Wolff
Wednesday, December 24th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Jimmy Carter, nuclear scientist, probably had the highest IQ, but he was a terrible President. I don't think Bubba's IQ was that high but he was a bright man, bright enough not to let on to others exactly how bright he was. Truman was a complete moron, just listen to him talk in old footage, substandard in every way. "W." with a 91 is no surprise, everything taken into consideration. Compare this to Lee Boyd Malvo with 98--almost Black genius level (American Blacks average 85-- almost 1/2 of one standard deviation below average Whites at 100).

The problem is that "W.", at 91, thinks he can put one over on the rest of us. The phoney Texas mannerisms, for instance. These are so insulting to the rest of us. He does this to the Europeans who have no idea that these little pauses, smerks, phrases, gestures, etc. have meaning in Texas. He does this to insult them. These are things you do with your drinking buddies, not with heads of state. Yet, "W.", at 91, has no clue and just thinks he is being slick.

Phlegethon
Wednesday, December 24th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Bill Clinton an IQ of 182? Sorry, but that is simply ridiculous. Or they may have used a new, unknown test, where even the braindead automatically score at least 75. And that peanut farmer Jimmy Carter was far from a genius. So were Eisenhower and Truman.

Dubya to me seems to be closer to the official retard level of IQ 65 than 91. Just look at his simian features. He is a couple hundred thousand years behind in evolution.

The Blond Beast
Wednesday, December 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Personally, I find it to be no coincidence that Reagan and the two Bushes scored lowest!

I wouldn't be surprised if Reagan was afflicted with Alzheimer's during his two terms.

The Blond Beast
Wednesday, December 24th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Read about Dubya's linguistic skills (i.e. Bushlexia):

http://bushwatch.org/english.htm

Such as:

The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production. -- George W. Bush, White House, Nov. 27, 2002

Shameful, but funny.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, December 30th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Bill Clinton an IQ of 182? Sorry, but that is simply ridiculous. Or they may have used a new, unknown test, where even the braindead automatically score at least 75. And that peanut farmer Jimmy Carter was far from a genius. So were Eisenhower and Truman.

Dubya to me seems to be closer to the official retard level of IQ 65 than 91. Just look at his simian features. He is a couple hundred thousand years behind in evolution.

It's ridiculous for anyone to have a high IQ except Germans? : )

People can say what they want to but these men have held the most powerful position in the world, and are all multimillionaires. That peanut farmer is also the only American president to ever write a novel, which is currently on the New York Times' best-seller list.

It's hard to imagine Dubya having that IQ since he is capable of making speeches, although sometimes making mistakes, and being the president. He's also a successful businessman. I would say that he is probably at the bottom of the IQ range of American presidents, if not the lowest... but I doubt it is below 100. He's probably around 120.

Phlegethon
Wednesday, December 31st, 2003, 12:12 AM
It's ridiculous for anyone to have a high IQ except Germans? : )
It is ridiculous to assume U.S. presidents have a high IQ. If they had one they'd have no interest in that job at all. Woudl any intelligent person like to be the head honcho of a bunch of morons?

People can say what they want to but these men have held the most powerful position in the world, and are all multimillionaires. That peanut farmer is also the only American president to ever write a novel, which is currently on the New York Times' best-seller list.
I know the NYT best-seller list. However, being on that list and being a multimillionaire only says that you're part of the establishment. It does not necessarily imply that they are smart enough to pee their names in the snow.

It's hard to imagine Dubya having that IQ since he is capable of making speeches,
A big word for that incoherent babbling.

although sometimes making mistakes,
Nice understatement.

He's also a successful businessman.

Dubya ruined every kind of business he ever was involved in. Without his daddy's name, his money and his advisors he would be living under a bridge with puke stains on his shabby clothes.

I would say that he is probably at the bottom of the IQ range of American presidents, if not the lowest... but I doubt it is below 100. He's probably around 120.
Well, in another thread we already discussed the validity of IQ test where folks like Madonna and Sharon Stone score over 160. In real, European IQ tests (like the Eysenck test) it is technically impossible to score beyond 150. Of course if you take the IQ of every biped in the U.S. and then adjust the median to 100 by adding about 25 points Dubya may score over 100. But that is about the only way he could ever get a three-digit result. Well, OK, maybe he could use his daddy's bucks to buy the company that administers those IQ tests and change his results. I mean, it has already worked with voting machines, so why shouldn't it work that way here as well?

Quietcool86
Wednesday, January 14th, 2004, 11:28 PM
All of you know how RIDICULOUS you are, don't you? Are you THAT gullible that you believe every internet urban legend?

Sorry, But Bush's MEASURE IQ is in the upper 120s. His SAT score was 1206. The following link shows the IQ score that equals SAT scores from the time he took the test. This is an acceptable way of measuring IQ...

http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Pre1974SAT.html

So seriously, the next time you want to discuss the intelligence of someone, it is best if you don;t make yourslef look RIDICULOUSLY idiotic in the process. And every single one of you does right now.

Loach
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Those statistics are a complete hoax. JFK's real IQ estimate is, if i remember correctly, 117, not 174, and there's no way Bill Clinton has even close to 184. Hes smart, but not a super genious.

Ive seen that "data" used before on a different site trying to show that democrats are smarter than republicans. Now it's been spread all over the web, and everyone thinks it is fact.

Take a look at this:

http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Mac Seafraidh
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 04:51 AM
AND HOW !!! I agree totally. He must have appointed pretty dumb people in the legislature too if all his stupid ideas are being passed.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 05:41 AM
If George W. has an IQ of 120, then I want to be re-tested at the same institution.

My computer skills are not sufficient to set up a poll but one should be set up asking why George W. Bush has an IQ of only 91. Is it:

Cocaine
Alcohol
Genetics
Did it rub off from Condi Rice
Other

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 05:51 AM
My computer skills are not sufficient to set up a poll but one should be set up asking why George W. Bush has an IQ of only 91. Is it:

You learn by doing. If you mess it up, an Administrator can correct it for you.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 05:53 AM
One more thing. The IQ list of IG is all wrong. Clinton was sharp but not a 180 IQ. Ditto for JFK. Carter was a bright guy. All three are in the third standard deviation for American Whites in terms of intelligence. Carter aside, this is not correct. Ford and Truman certainly had lower IQs than listed here. Nixon is on the low side of his actual number.

Abby Normal
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 06:53 AM
If George W. has an IQ of 120, then I want to be re-tested at the same institution.

Cocaine
Alcohol
Genetics
Did it rub off from Condi Rice
Other
I'd have to say Condi. ;)

My opinion on Dub? He's a figurehead, and there's nothing wrong with a figurehead. It's just that in this case, the people guiding the figurehead are the problem. ;)

old aryan
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 07:33 AM
All of you know how RIDICULOUS you are, don't you? Are you THAT gullible that you believe every internet urban legend?

Sorry, But Bush's MEASURE IQ is in the upper 120s. His SAT score was 1206. The following link shows the IQ score that equals SAT scores from the time he took the test. This is an acceptable way of measuring IQ...

http://members.shaw.ca/delajara/Pre1974SAT.html

So seriously, the next time you want to discuss the intelligence of someone, it is best if you don;t make yourslef look RIDICULOUSLY idiotic in the process. And every single one of you does right now.

Isn't it really all about the practical application of knowledge, the common sense that is most important for a leader, in particular?
Also, that practical sense could be seen in the way that it is exercised by a leader, such as the people that he chooses to surround him/her self with -- the delegation of power?
After all, didn't a newspaper reporter do an article a few years ago about the highest IQ(s), and found that a waitress in Iowa had the highest known IQ at that time :D (something in the 200s I believe:-O ). Not to reflect poorly on this woman at all, I don't even know how good of a waitress she was, but what had she done with this 'apparent' intelligence (vis a vis the IQ test)?:|

My point -- if you like George Bush, fine; if you don't like George Bush, fine. I just don't believe that IQ scores have anything to do with it -- being a good leader and all.

Some say that Nixon was extremely bright, but his men bungled a two-bit burglary at the Democratic HQ -- and why? (he was going to destroy McGovern in the general election anyway!);(

Wilson was the president of Princeton(!!), and a bright guy, but he bumbled the peace after WWI, which led to irrational reparations on Germany, which contributed heavily to run-away inflation in Germany in the 20s and ultimately worldwide economic depression which in turn contributed strongly to WWII;(:hitler !
Kennedy didn't really do much but a lot of PR -- it was LBJ who passed important social measures in the 60s, but many thought him to be a dumb hick from the sticks (but he knew where all of the bodies were buried, and about all of the skeletons in the closets -- a practical leader with an ability to get things done)!:|

Esther_Helena
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Read about Dubya's linguistic skills (i.e. Bushlexia):

http://bushwatch.org/english.htm

Such as:

The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production. -- George W. Bush, White House, Nov. 27, 2002

Shameful, but funny.*visits page* Does not compute...brain...hurt...*reads some more* :suspect Holy Mary, mother of God I've gone crosseyed!

I wonder, does Dubya hear himself when he speaks?

Agrippa
Thursday, March 18th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Wanted to say the same. 182 seems to a bad joke and there is no way to "estimate" the IQ (which is just useful if in any way if correctly measured) by other things than the test.

Maybe we will all agree that Bush is no Genius, but I really doubt the others were...Clinton was for sure more intelligent (at least linguistically in speeches) but 182...god damn who ever had such an IQ?

I think if someone estimates in that way you can forget it. And of course that are just people which wanted to prove that leftiest are more intelligent which is true in some way because the "right wing" presidents were just puppets.

Nixon was probably one of the best presidents in the last 50 years imo and for sure one of the most intelligent ones. The exception in the Republican party...

Euclides
Friday, March 19th, 2004, 12:45 PM

Tryggvi
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 08:51 PM
Bush's IQ inferior to Average man's

Among US presidents who have run the country over the last 50 years, George W. Bush appears to have the lowest Intelligence Quotient (IQ). His IQ has proved lower than that of the average American citizen. According to the British press, the finding has been obtained by researchers from the State of Pennsylvania. Mr. Bush’s IQ makes up as little as 91 points, which is exactly half of his immediate predecessor Bill Clinton’s IQ (182 points). By the way, Mr. Clinton takes 1st place in the US president list by this parameter. Interestingly, Democrats prevail on the list.

In calculating the IQ, the scientists analyzed the following indices : academic performance in school and college, independently (without anybody’s assistance) prepared publications, speech lucidity, and psychological parameters.

The mean IQ value of man varies within the range of 100 points. Apart from George W. Bush, this level has not been exceeded by only one ex-president, his father, Mr. Bush Sr.

Below are IQs of 12 US presidents, starting from 1945.

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
132 Harry Truman (D)
122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
174 John F. Kennedy (D)
126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
155 Richard M. Nixon (R)
121 Gerald Ford (R)
175 James E. Carter (D)
105 Ronald Reagan (R)
099 George HW Bush (R)
182 William J. Clinton (D)
091 George W. Bush (R)
That's an urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.htm

Abby Normal
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 09:20 PM
The person who made up this "urban legend" is definitely a Democrat. Notice how JFK and Bil Clinton's IQs are 174 and 182, respectively. :D

kinvolk
Sunday, March 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM
The person who made up this "urban legend" is definitely a Democrat. Notice how JFK and Bil Clinton's IQs are 174 and 182, respectively. :D
Even though I'm no fan of ANY of them ,. It looks bogus to me. Bill Clinton isnt that bright.

Awar
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 12:09 AM
Maybe this is one of the not-so-frequently-used scales for measuring IQ.

Nordhammer
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 05:38 AM
"No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176." Nice, he's from a small town in Georgia. ;)

blut-ehre
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 12:39 PM
his IQ probably is at that level though... my english teacher always makes fun of his speeches because he uses such horrible english :-O i've only met so many people who actually think he's a good president aside from the kids whom parents like him and they are completely politically illiterate. as well i've heard that his parents donated large sums of money to the school, so he was one of those people who got to slide through school.

PeterMW
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 09:28 PM
I'm suspicious of the figure for Gerald Ford. He went to University on a football scholarship, and had a reputation for not being able to keep his balance or stay awake in meetings.

old aryan
Monday, March 22nd, 2004, 11:44 PM
I'm suspicious of the figure for Gerald Ford. He went to University on a football scholarship, and had a reputation for not being able to keep his balance or stay awake in meetings.
Well, you know what LBJ said about him -- something to the effect that he played football too long without a helmet!!!!!........veritas

Isn't it interesting that he was 1) on the Warren Commission, the biggest coup de etat/assasination coverup in the last century, 2) became vice president of America after Spiro Agnew resigned under fire in the 1970s, and, 3) is the only person to hold the offices of vice president AND president of America, & NEVER WAS ELECTED TO EITHER POSITION!!!!

Bush didn't win the presidency, it was awarded to him by the supreme court -- at least SOMEONE voted for him, though!:| :| :|

Vlad Cletus
Wednesday, March 24th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Most of his speeches are just poorly put out. Probably too lazy to ask anyone to suggest any ideas or write it out for him. Anyways, the man is technically blind. He serves Israel like a Slave, and this Country is being dragged into that damned Republic's affairs because of him.

I'm somewhat surprised that his IQ is that low, afterall he is President. Gore was just too close to winning. Technically Gore won the Popular vote by 500,000, Bush won the Electorial Vote. Imagine how much different the past recent 3-4 years of History for the U.S. would've been if Bush was never elected.

Mac Seafraidh
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Ronald Reagan was pretty smart and word has it that Nancy Reagan played a presidential like role towards the end I think FDR got some help from his leading lady at the end too. I am not sure, but this is how I remember it if I am correct. Tell me if I am wrong or not.

Loach
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Imagine how much different the past recent 3-4 years of History for the U.S. would've been if Bush was never elected.Yeah, under Gore?