PDA

View Full Version : Chewing Tobacco?

Imperator X
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 07:42 PM
I have recently discovered a taste for chewing tobacco. The Mayans and other NA tribes often chewed the leaves rather than smoked them. I find I like how it enters my oral membranes rather than roughing up my lungs. We were introduced to tobacco by the NA's in the same way that Western Europe, through the Goths were introduced to marijuana, called hanafs, intro'ed from Scythia. I notice a common brand of smokeless tobacco is skoal, a Scandinavian derived word, although smokeless tobacco in Germany, besides snuff (through the nose) is curiously hard to find.

Anybody else care for smokeless tobacco?

Veritas ∆quitas
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Yes, I dip Copenhagen from time to time, but IMO it is worse than smoking. It's horrible for the teeth.

Imperator X
Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Where'd you get that signature, Veritas?

Theudiskaz
Tuesday, September 5th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah, occasionally I chew Levi Garrett or Redman. Kind of an embarrassment, really. A friend of mine chews regularly and his teeth look like corn cobs. :D I stay away from dip. It gives you a good buzz but smells like rotting fish mixed with mint.

Ulven
Wednesday, September 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I use snus. Here you have some propaganda:
http://www.northerner.com/html/snus_movie_large.html

:D

Imperator X
Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I hear the Carcinogenic Nitrosamine level in American smokeless eg. skoal.. is like 41.1 - 64.0 as opposed to the Swedish, 1 - 9.0, it also contains fermaldehyde, nuclear waste chemicals, and one kid died at 19 after doing it for 7 years. We don't have steam-cured Swedish smokeless here in the US. What to do?

nštdeutsch
Monday, October 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM
i have dipped, it gives an amazing buzz, really. I dipped and a few minutes later i was babbling incoherantly because i couldent think straight...definately not something you want to do and drive...

personally, i'll just stick to pipes though

ps. the south american indians also used some sort of cocaine to dip, as well as tobacco.

∆meric
Monday, October 9th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I've never chewed tobacco. My father was a tobacco chewer & I always thought it was pretty disgusting. The juice from the tobacco can discolor your teeth & when your done the wad you take out of your mouth looks like a turd. And it's unhealthy, you can get cancer from chewing it. I occassionally see old men around here, former tobacco chewers who can't speak because they've had their tongues removed or they're missing the lower parts of their faces because they've had their jawbones removed. I do'nt understand why women tolerate their husbands/boyfriends chewing tobacco, I do'nt know any man who would have anything to do with a woman who chewed tobacco.

Zvukk
Tuesday, October 10th, 2006, 11:08 PM
i occassionally sniff white tobacco. No, not coke, it is tobacco.

Krissi
Wednesday, October 11th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I use snuff and snus... It's way better than smoking imo

Boche
Wednesday, October 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
When i had a swedish girlfriend, she always gave me snus and i liked it alot. To bad its nearly impossible to get it when you live in germany. Only from some ebay sellers.

GruŖ,
Svartr

nštdeutsch
Wednesday, October 11th, 2006, 11:52 PM
that snus video makes me REALLY want to try it.

I think I'll order a tin or two