PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 1. How many kids were in your family? 2. How many would you like to have yourself?

Bridie
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 04:06 AM
I'm wondering about the relationship (if any) between the number of children people want to have and the number of children that were in the family they grew up in (ie, how many siblings they had).

So I'm asking 2 questions, please answer both. :) (If you've already had your family and won't be having any more kids, please just put how many kids you wanted to have - not necessarily how many kids you ended up having in Q2.)

Q1 : How many children were there in your family growing up?

Q2 : How many children would you like to have (ideally)?

Oswiu
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 04:16 AM
You may well be onto something. There are three of us, and I wouldn't want less than that myself. One of each sort, and one lucky-dip. Two replacements and a spare. ;)
I suppose five would be great, but four a bit more realistic.

Bridie
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Hmmm... just thinking about it.... would it have been better if I had the possible answers to Q2 being 1 child through to 8+? I think so... whoops! I'm a bit distracted at the moment (I have to keep stopping what I'm doing to break up fights between my kids! LOL).

Could a mod please alter it?

Edit - forget about altering the poll.... this seems to work ok....

So far it seems that all the "only children" want to have more than one child themselves.... I'm a bit surprised about this.

To all the only children..... was it so terribly lonely growing up without any brothers and sisters? Did you see any other disadvantages? Any advantages?

Esther_Helena
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I couldn't really select an answer from your choices. I grew up as an only child. I have 3 half siblings and 4 stepsiblings. None of whom I have ever met in person. I spent a year or so with a (former) step brother.
Anyhow, I'd like to have more than the number I grew up with.

Growing up as an only child, I must say it was boring as hell. I want at least two.

Tabitha
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM
There were 4 of us but as the gap between myself and the next was 20 years,I grew up more like an only child.
Ideally I'd like 2, I think it's good for children to be around a sibling who'll joust around with them both mentally and physically. I didn't mix with other children until I was 5 and it was a bit of shock, I was unprepared for playground banter.
As I'm 30 plus now,I think I'll be lucky if I manage to have one child.

D'Vadder
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 12:28 PM
We were 4 and I want less... 2 or something, because I don't think that I can afford more in these fucking hard times... :(

If I'll be a millionaire some day I want to have as much as I can do! :D

Sorry for my strange english... :P

Rhydderch
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Eight in my family. I'd be quite happy with more :)

Wednesday
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Im regrettably the only "child" in my family. For me it`s a great pity, becouse it had a lot of vantages to have siblings, in my opinion ( provided that you and your silings understand good). Its often fun at home and its rarely going to be boring. It is interesting to see how everyone of your siblings individual evolve ( im not sure if this is te correct english sentence structure, but i hope you know what i mean :) ).
Furthermore il think it is very important today, to have any childs, becouse the birthrate here in german familys is going more and more down :(.
Id like to have not less than three.

Thusnelda
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I want to have two children later. Thats my dram. One boy and one girl. That would be perfect. One child only may suffer on a lack of companions - in my opinion. And more than two would be possibly too stressful for me and my later husband...at least thats what I think! :)

Georgia
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 02:45 PM
My Mama and Papa had three children. I am the oldest. 8 years later my brother was born, he died as an infant. One year later my sister was born, she died a few month ago. So I am the only one that is left.

My husband and I have three children. We both wanted many more, but it was not meant to be.

So we are just grateful for the three we have.

Georgia

Janus
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I have an older brother with whom I'm hardly getting along with but well we are and always were too extremely opposit characters.
I don't want children yet since I'm still young myself with just 18 (19 on saturday in a week :P) but later I'd like to have some I think but well there's still the problem for me that a female is needed for that grml

Ewergrin
Monday, September 4th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I have only 1 sibling, a twin sister. I myself have 2 children, with no plans for any more.

Huzar
Wednesday, September 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'd like to have three children. But two is more realistic.

Enibas
Wednesday, September 13th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Q1 : How many children were there in your family growing up?
I have just one brother, he is 4 years younger than me. In my childhood I wanted to have more brothers and sisters, too. But for my parents were two children enough.:(

Q2 : How many children would you like to have (ideally)?
Now, my husband and me have our big family. We have 10 children, 7 girls and 3 boys. The oldest girl is 17 years old and the youngest boy is 6 years old. Maybe we have more kids in the future, maybe I become first a grandma - who knows?;)