PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you...

Legio_Melita
Sunday, September 1st, 2002, 02:19 PM
im really REALLY disappointed that NONE of you mentioned Necromantia, Einherjer, Borknagar, Amon Amarth, and Bran Barr, among Celtic/Viking metal!

You should all get into the underground metal scene and listen to these Nordic masters, especially Necromantia and Einherjer! :viking

little_wing
Sunday, September 1st, 2002, 08:28 PM
*smacks forehead* How could I possibly forget Borknagar! They're one of my absolute favorites! :)

Legio_Melita
Monday, September 2nd, 2002, 05:38 PM
oh damn...i forgot Absurd...one of the best White Power bands of all time...i think they're even better than Screwdriver

Berserker
Wednesday, September 11th, 2002, 09:41 PM
I had mentioned Borknagar! Another great Scandinavian band would be Amorphis... and how about Satyricon hmmm? They kill.

Hellstar
Thursday, September 12th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Yep I never forget my concert with Norse Satyricon in feb 2000 in copenhagen, Satyr is an interesting man. Finnish amorphis turned into shit lately, the land of thousand lakes are Epic & divine! but they should of stopped and changed name after that!

I listen to alot of bands so i dont know which you fancy, but some of my scandinavien favourites are: Burzum, Dark Throne, Tulus, Satyricon, Mayhem, Sacramentum, issengård, King diamond, mercyful fate, finntroll, armorphis, thy servant, unleashed, twin obscenity, ancient, covenant, kovenant, enslaved, thyrfing, einhejrer, Shiva, wind, storm, arcturus, necrophobic, immortal, diabolical masquerade, mortiis, emperor, limbonic art, opeth, dimmu borgir, ancient wisdom, otyg, withering surface,

and now my brain cant remember more so im going to pump some iron:viking

PS here is a picture of Satyr:

Berserker
Friday, September 13th, 2002, 12:50 AM
wow I listen to almost everything you just listed there, minus a few,...
you listen to any GRAVELAND, or Nokturnal Mortum? They're also greats.
Satyricon is very talented BM, their new one, Volcano is definitely interesting, very good stuff... are they racist? Because looking at this image below, one might think so x_p

Hellstar
Friday, September 13th, 2002, 10:35 AM
That is a cool image you posted yes, I haven't heard volcano yet, they became abit to industrial on their rebel extravaganza to me, satyr is a first class Nordic Aryan his also very misanthropic and hate alot of things around him, it has become abit trendy to use that iron cross in BM gatherings, I would assume they were pure racists back then but now I think its hmm mellowed out abit! I guess you heard the story about Darkthrone? they posted on their cd (black metal kun for hvide airier) = black metal only for white Aryans, alot of fags all over the world complained, especially in UK and darkthrone made a stupid statement about it was a joke and ect, it was real pathetic in my view! they should of stood by their creed and history. GRAVELAND im not to fond of, i cant see why people listen to it, the stuff I heard with them was total weak. it seems like a trend also, Nocturnal mortum are on the contrary absolutely brilliant, really talented, they are also pure nazis! I read their ideology in Michael moynihans book - lord of chaos, the bloody rise of the satanic underground, nocturnal mortum are intelligent and appreciated in my view and the music is obscure and intelligent blurry!

You got a good taste berserker.

Berserker
Friday, September 13th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Volcano is kinda mellow but very dark and very original, some female vocals too, very different from the old stuff... more refined i think.

That's too bad Darkthrone didn't have the balls to back up their statement, they obviously said it for a reason other than just joking, i'm sure... :confused:

GRAVELAND i like, i can't explain it but there's something very powerful about their music...
have you listened to all their stuff? There old stuff is kinda weak.
and Nokturnal is absolutely brilliant, no fucking kidding, straight-out NAZIS, and they have balls to back up their claim, unlike some others!
:rolleyes:
I must find that book, it would have to be interesting...
thanks, you know your shit/ :viking

MistWraith
Sunday, September 29th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Hey, nice musical tastes you folks have here.;)

Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum are great, anyone ever hear Lord Wind?

wpvengeance1488
Friday, May 30th, 2003, 03:09 AM
all great bands but lets not forget about isengard and storm or otyg and alvefard by any means. those are a few of my favorites.
oh and aryan terrorism. they are fucking amazing!

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by little_wing
*smacks forehead* How could I possibly forget Borknagar! They're one of my absolute favorites! :)

Einherjer is decent. Borknager is aweful because I cant stand Vintersorg. Amon Amarth released 2 decent cds but they get so old so quickly.

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Berserker
wow I listen to almost everything you just listed there, minus a few,...
you listen to any GRAVELAND, or Nokturnal Mortum? They're also greats.
Satyricon is very talented BM, their new one, Volcano is definitely interesting, very good stuff... are they racist? Because looking at this image below, one might think so x_p

Satyricon was good at one time. No longer. Volcano is a huge peice of shit. Too bad, because Dark Medieval Times and nemesis Divina are amazing albums. Also, Satyr is a joke now, and no they arent WP. More propaganda to get people to buy Satyrs new shit album.

A message to Frost: WHY on earth did you let this happen to Satyricon? I blame you and Philip Ansemo.

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by wpvengeance1488
all great bands but lets not forget about isengard and storm or otyg and alvefard by any means. those are a few of my favorites.
oh and aryan terrorism. they are fucking amazing!

Ha you mentioned a wide spectrum of styles there.

Fenriz is gay now. I dont like Isengard or Storm. And once again, Vintersorgs voice is about as irritating as they come, in my opinion, therefore Otyg is out. Alvefard is an Otyg album, yes?

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by MistWraith
Hey, nice musical tastes you folks have here.;)

Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum are great, anyone ever hear Lord Wind?

Lord Wind is great minimalistic NSBM. Good Choice.
Graveland of course is great. Capricornus is an amazing drummer, eh? LOL Seriously, Graveland are amazing at pulling out minimalist atmosphere. I wouldnt want Capricornus to get any better at percussion.

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:17 AM
Northstar have you heard Shining?

Really great epic black metal from Norway, and Hellhammer (complete fag) did the drums on their demo. They have released a few albums since then. Check it out if you havent already.

Ewergrin
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:18 AM
Duh I just realized... I dont think that anyone has mentioned CARPATHIAN FOREST. Brilliant stuff.

wpvengeance1488
Saturday, May 31st, 2003, 03:58 PM
troy i think your a music nazi lol. i believe that or well in my drunken state that alvefard is not an otyg album but i could be just really drunk. hahahaha well anyhow whether fenris is gay or not i still love isengard and storm! and otyg is a great fucking band but then again opinions are like assholes everyone has them!

Viking Blood
Wednesday, June 4th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by kriegsmaschine
Duh I just realized... I dont think that anyone has mentioned CARPATHIAN FOREST. Brilliant stuff.

YES! Just discovered Carpathian Forest pretty recently, got three of their cds, they're becoming one of my favorite bands, right up there with Graveland, Immortal, Einherjer, Bathory, Warhead, Cadaver Inc, and all those other great BM bands I don't have room to list.

I recently got a disc by a band called Naglfar, I'd never heard of them before, but my friend at the record store played it for me, and it's pretty damned good. Very catchy (for Black Metal), and very heavy. Anyone else heard these guys before?

Scáthach
Wednesday, June 4th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by VikingBlood

I recently got a disc by a band called Nagelfar, I'd never heard of them before, but my friend at the record store played it for me, and it's pretty damned good. Very catchy (for Black Metal), and very heavy. Anyone else heard these guys before?

ive only heard one or two songs,i remember one was ''der herbst'' and this was recently enough,ive been meaning to try get some of their stuff :)

anyone heard of Anata? theyre good! im listening to vast lands/infernal gates as we speak......errm type!

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 5th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Scathach
ive only heard one or two songs,i remember one was ''der herbst'' and this was recently enough,ive been meaning to try get some of their stuff :)

anyone heard of Anata? theyre good! im listening to vast lands/infernal gates as we speak......errm type!

A distinction should be made between Naglfar and Nagelfar.
Naglfar is typical BM from Sweden. Nothing spectacular.

Nagelfar is amazing BM from Deutschland (with NS leanings). This band is DARK and I suggest picking up their releases.

Scáthach
Thursday, June 5th, 2003, 12:17 PM
LOL trust me to fuck that up! thanks for clearing it up Kriegs and yes nagELFAR are amazing!!

Ewergrin
Thursday, June 5th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Scathach
LOL trust me to fuck that up! thanks for clearing it up Kriegs and yes nagELFAR are amazing!!

Not a problem :)

I enjoy making a distinction between the prince and the pauper.
Nagelfar are indeed amazing. Not to say that Naglefar are completely trash: they did release a decent album (the name of which I forget, I'm rather sure it was the release before Vittra) but now I just find them to be bland.

Freya
Tuesday, June 17th, 2003, 02:24 PM
I`m not much a fan of NSBM, I`m sorry!
The only NSBM band I have a cd from is Graveland and Burzum, but I hardly listen to it!!
I`m more into RAC/Hatecore!