PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to real men

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Some humour with a lot of truth in it :D

When did it become acceptable in this country for a man to go from being a rugged, plaid-wearing, beef jerky eating badass to a well-groomed, "metrosexual" girly-boy like Ben Affleck? Affleck recently agreed to be a spokesman for L'Oreal, with L'Oreal quoted as saying "Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to care for their appearance." Afraid of taking care of their appearances? It's not that we're afraid you assholes, it's that we don't menstruate. What next? Men getting hormone injections so they can breast feed?

"Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to breast feed their children."

Is it okay that I don't have a sense of style? Is it okay for me to scratch myself? I'm hairy. I like wearing plaid and I don't want to be told how to dress by some dude with a "queer eye." Is that okay with you sissies, or would you like me to package my balls and neatly carry them in a purse? For crying out loud. You're turning us into a nation of pussies.

http://www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=real_men

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 02:52 AM
It doesn't show this as being the newest post in the forum GRRRR I'll change that!

Everyone should know that it is here, for it is funny.

Taras Bulba
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Yes our culture is indeed becoming more and more feminized. I say a revival of chivalric and martial values will help turn things around.

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Hehe, funny but true.Men are becoming more like wimps.I met some broad, she though I was real hot stuff, we'll just call her Vanessa...lol...she was working at some perogy joint.I said, "hey little Ukrainian waitress, how about you bring me some holupchi and your pichka" and then I went "That's right, WENCH! And took her for a ride on my harley all the way to the Zabavas.

I just had to edit some of that out, come on, Vojvoda! Nevermind who it was about! -Vanessa

Awar
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Meh! I think it's all about pushing more cosmetics products to men.

BTW. What did vojvoda write that had to be edited, Yo! Duke! Send the censored part to me in a PM :-)

We can beat Vanessa if we work together ;-D

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Excuse me Vanessa, I was exaggerating a bit.....I don't have a harley,Buahaha

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Excuse me Vanessa, I was exaggerating a bit.....I don't have a harley,Buahaha

OOOH I SEE! LOL I can't believe what you...UGH!!!!

I don't want to be subjected to this overtly masculine display of testosterone-fuelled bravado! ....really...I don't.....

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:27 AM
OOOH I SEE! LOL I can't believe what you...UGH!!!!

I don't want to be subjected to this overtly masculine display of testosterone-fuelled bravado! ....really...I don't.....

Pfft....You will do as I say : P

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Pfft....You will do as I say : P

AAAH!

Well, I gotta give it to you, you are doing what the article says.

Vojvoda should be an example for men everywhere :-P Just so long as I don't have to EDIT anything. You are warned, Serbski!

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Anyway, I can't believe some guys that follow the latest fashion trend, putting highlights in their hair etc...Do we blame the media or should we blame women?

Awar
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:43 AM
I've read some great articles bout how American women now want their men to be more macho. I guess that trends shifted way too fast for everyone to catch on.

( which reminds me, it seems I wasted all that time watching Sex&the City :-D)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 04:51 AM
I think that as Awar pointed out before, it's just trying to get men to buy more cosmetics LOL I swear, it's all consumerism. Well, I couldn't really tell you why the idea of a "more feminine" male is being so promoted.

I think it's partly because society as a whole is becoming brainwashed by the "Hallmark" sentimentalism. So much emphasis on "discovering yourself" and expressiong your emotions LOL It's not natural for men (it shouldn't be!) so they are encouraged to be like women :-P But I tell ya, I don't like the emotionalism myself!

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Hallmark...I blame Hallmark...

http://www.hallmark.com/Website/Images/Products/papercards/v2271_52v1_xlrg.jpg

http://www.hallmark.com/Website/Images/Products/papercards/v2271_52v2_xlrg.jpg

http://www.hallmark.com/Website/Images/Products/papercards/v2271_52v3_xlrg.jpg

It's official. :-|

Awar
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:01 AM
True. I don't need to express my emotions. I don't need to find myself.

What the hell does all that mean anyway. I think that what Vanessa called 'Hallmark sentimentalism' is just another way of making people feel bad about themselves ( and thus more eager to invest money in building themselves ).

People are now brought up by media to constantly measure themselves to physical ideals that don't exist in reality. ( big, firm boobs, young forever ). As if that wasn't enough, now media are promoting how we should feel. If we don't feel like 'supposed to' we should 'find ourselves' ( or should I say invent a new image for ourselves, especially some image that needs money to be invested into it: Extreme sports, hot red convertibles, tattoos, gyms, food supplements, ab-crunchers, men's depilation etc. ), and of course EVERYONE 'should' use self-help guides, buy cook-books ( because it's fashionable to be like Jamie Oliver.

:-P

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Well, I find it strange for a woman to tell her boyfriend to buy these so called "comsetics" or even buy it for them.I never listen to my girlfriends : P I guess it just depends on the male as well.

Awar
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:08 AM
I think it's essential for a man to never listen to his woman. Even when she's right :-)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:16 AM
I think it's essential for a man to never listen to his woman. Even when she's right :-)

What if she says: "I think you need to be treated like a king, so I will cook and clean and miscellaneous ; ) for you" Is she still wrong then? HUH?! LOL

especially some image that needs money to be invested into it: Extreme sports, hot red convertibles, tattoos,

Now, now, let's not take it too far *scared* Investing in tattoos is OK. Good, even :-)

Awar
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:21 AM
What if she says: "I think you need to be treated like a king, so I will cook and clean and miscellaneous ; ) for you" Is she still wrong then? HUH?! LOL

If any woman told me THAT, I'd be running away faster than Speedy Gonzales on amphetamines! That's a certain sign a woman wants something. ( And not just an ordinary something ;-))

Now, now, let's not take it too far *scared* Investing in tattoos is OK. Good, even :-)

Tattoos are just a small part of creating a new image. A symptom :-)

Vojvoda
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:28 AM
If any woman told me THAT, I'd be running away faster than Speedy Gonzales on amphetamines! That's a certain sign a woman wants something. ( And not just an ordinary something ;-))

I wouldn't run, I'd point her to the direction of the kitchen. : )

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 05:29 AM

HAHAHA! You are a smart man. I find most guys fall for that one ;-) lol j/k

Tattoos are just a small part of creating a new image. A symptom :-)

True. But for everyone it's a different image. I don't know if it's a symptom -maybe for the people that get really typical tattoos just for the sake of having one/some.

Tattoos <----- Gets you chicks. :-P

cosmocreator
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Tattoos <----- Gets you chicks. :-P

For those guys into biker chicks. I'll pass.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 06:54 AM

HAHAHA! Where have you been Cosmo? It's not 1975.

cosmocreator
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 07:08 AM
HAHAHA! Where have you been Cosmo? It's not 1975.

Cycles repeat themselves.

Jack
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Ah, the issue's not the promotion of emotions, it's the emotions being promoted ;) Gotta have a bit of rage to balance it out. Like Fight Club, for instance.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Ah, the issue's not the promotion of emotions, it's the emotions being promoted ;) Gotta have a bit of rage to balance it out. Like Fight Club, for instance.

I couldn't agree more :-D Now I'm off to watch Fight Club!

Evolved
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Feminizing men (the specific target here is white men) fits into the anti-white agenda perfectly. First of all, they can invent new insecurities to sell people more shit they don't need and turn a profit. Secondly, women are naturally attracted to macho guys. If all the white guys are off somewhere waxing their anus hair and fretting about interior design, they'll be unattracted to them and go for nonwhite men. Thirdly, as the pseudofag "Metrosexual" white guys are ignored by white women, they'll go with the Asian troll women who are used to pansy ass men. Every new "trend" is carefully engineered and has a political motivation behind it.

Ewergrin
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 12:33 PM
The Maddox site has always been hilarious. Read his article about the pop culture obsession with everything being labeled "extreme."

Sigrun Christianson
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 12:35 PM
My tattoos don't get me chicks... ;-)

Taras Bulba
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Oh my god! This thread is hilarious. Well before I get into the more humorous topics discussed here; this list basically outline my views on true masculinity!

http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip222.htm

Where Are All the Real Men?
by Anonymous

I'm an adult, married man who stumbled upon this site. I would like to offer the young, single men out there a tip.

Have you ever heard that women want a MAN not a boy? Have you heard women complain about "Where are all the REAL men?" I bet you have. I bet you've tried to figure out how to be a man, a mature adult male of the species. Unfortunately you've probably had little to go on.

On the one hand you will see caricatured, cardboard cutout images of hyperaggressive, "macho-men" like Arnie and Stallone. You may have watched swaggering, aggressive, arrogant "I'm THE man" types and thought perhaps that is what a real man is.

On the other hand, you may have listened to some feminists complaining that men are not sensitive enough, and should be more like women, and that THAT is what a real man is.

You'll have probably been thoroughly confused.

It's not your fault. The fault is that boys and young men are no longer taught how to be men, and they are no longer shown role models who are real men.

OK, here is an excellent role model of a real man from a recent film -- Maximus from Gladiator.

Maximus is a real man, NOT because he is a good fighter, but because he is honorable, he is honest, he is in some ways humble, he is calm under pressure, he has fortitude and endurance, he is passionate but is able to control and restrain his passions, he is generous, he is friendly not surly, he has leadership qualities, he is loyal, he is decisive, he has a sense of purpose, he takes immediate action to do what is right, he is kind (and lots more), but above all he has courage.

Maximus is, in short, a man of VIRTUE in the classical Greek and Roman sense of the word. To the Greeks and Romans masculinity was not equated with might and power, but with virtue. To be a MAN was to exemplify the masculine virtues.

You probably don't know what the "masculine virtues" are. If you want to be a real man, I suggest you study, absorb, and live the lessons in these works (i.) Aristotle's "Nichomachean Ethics", (ii.) Marcus Aurelius's "Meditations", (iii.) Epicetus's "Discourses", (iv.) Cicero's "De Officus".

They are heavy going and you will need to study them carefully and think hard about what you are reading. If you find that too hard, then Tom Wolfe's novel "A Man in Full" is about the type of philosophy found in such books.

A strange thing happens to you when you start to discipline yourself to acquire the habits associated with the masculine virtues.

You start to automatically walk taller and with a more relaxed and open posture. Your project your voice naturally and easily. You enjoy being yourself and being in the world more. You smile more and more easily. You start to see that you are truly different from most of the people around you, but you will instantly recognize the men like you.

A funny thing will happen to you around attractive women. You will no longer treat them as near-celebrities, the idea that they are better than other people will start to seem ridiculous to you. In fact, you will start to feel a mild disdain toward the more arrogant women.

One of the best things about becoming a real man is that you will recognize, be attracted to, and attract real women, women with the feminine virtues. And when you meet them, you won't hesitate.

Alright now onto the women-bashing. bwahahahaha

Taras Bulba
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:02 PM

LMAO! So true! Although when is a women ever right? Never, except when her views have been heavily influenced by another man.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:06 PM
If any woman told me THAT, I'd be running away faster than Speedy Gonzales on amphetamines! That's a certain sign a woman wants something. ( And not just an ordinary something ;-)

LOL!

"[Woman] is generally stupid, but the Devil lends her brains when she works for him. Then she accomplishes miracles of thinking, farsightedness, constancy, in order to do something nasty."
--Leo Tolstoy 1898

Taras Bulba
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:12 PM
I've read some great articles bout how American women now want their men to be more macho. I guess that trends shifted way too fast for everyone to catch on.

( which reminds me, it seems I wasted all that time watching Sex&the City :-D)

No not really. American women claim they want more macho men, but they still want sensitive men. Anyways, American women can't make up their minds about anything. To put it simply, if you want to attract an American woman; act like a complete jackass to her, she'll love you forever!

Awar
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:20 PM
That ( acting like a jerk ) basically works on most women anywhere. The difference is that the women who actually go for jerks aren't of much worth themselves.

It's far better to be yourself, and eventually you'll attract a woman that you can truly be happy with.

You can always act as a jerk in order to get sex, or relationships with no future.

Ewergrin
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:33 PM

My tattoos never got me any biker chicks.

Ewergrin
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 10:34 PM

My tattoos never got me any biker chicks. In fact, they got me good girls who were looking for a bad boy.

Triglav
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:04 AM
No not really. American women claim they want more macho men, but they still want sensitive men. Anyways, American women can't make up their minds about anything. To put it simply, if you want to attract an American woman; act like a complete jackass to her, she'll love you forever!

:D

It's coming to Europe as well. Take it easy, Pushkin - you'll be better off. It's Chix want action!

Taras Bulba
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:20 AM
That ( acting like a jerk ) basically works on most women anywhere. The difference is that the women who actually go for jerks aren't of much worth themselves.

Yes I've noticed that as well.

It's far better to be yourself, and eventually you'll attract a woman that you can truly be happy with.

Well for the most part I'm a gentleman, but I'll tease a woman I'm attracted to in a light hearted way. But I don't understand these women who literally go fo guys who intendly treat them like shit!

Taras Bulba
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:21 AM
:D

It's coming to Europe as well. Take it easy, Pushkin - you'll be better off. It's Chix want action!

I'm better off with American girls? Sorry but my heart goes for Slavic women from the old countries.

Triglav
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I'm better off with American girls? Sorry but my heart goes for Slavic women from the old countries.

You seem to chain-misunderstand me today. I said that you're better off by not taking it to heart. Don't let the contemporary behavioral patterns of any element of this society bring you down.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:52 AM
My tattoos don't get me chicks... ;-)

That's strange. Hmm...maybe you need to get more? LOL

"[Woman] is generally stupid, but the Devil lends her brains when she works for him. Then she accomplishes miracles of thinking, farsightedness, constancy, in order to do something nasty."
--Leo Tolstoy 1898

Hehehehe! I like that. It reminds me of this short story I am planning on writing, that is going to be like a "rewrite" of the story of the Garden of Eden, from Eve's point of view (kinda). But in this version the devil doesn't tempt Eve, she is in league with him. She wants to destroy Adam's paradise and make her own (like how Lucifer left heaven) -I guess kind of like another Lilith, just with more evil intentions ;-) Then after that, I don't know where the story is going to go yet. I hope to publish it and piss off feminists and other collectives of people if possible :-D Dont be afraid to tell me it sounds stupid lol

American women can't make up their minds about anything. To put it simply, if you want to attract an American woman; act like a complete jackass to her, she'll love you forever!

That goes for many men as well. There are plenty who are attracted a lot to women that treat them badly, or who are hard to get and "wild". There are two sides to every coin when it comes to this topic ;-)

A lot of guys just act like jerks when they are in front of other people to show off, anyway :-P I personally think it's cute lol, but I wouldnt put up with any serious bullshit, unless I was in the mood to do the same myself hehehehe

Taras Bulba
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 01:14 AM
You seem to chain-misunderstand me today. I said that you're better off by not taking it to heart. Don't let the contemporary behavioral patterns of any element of this society bring you down.

Ohhhhhhh......sorry I misinterpreted what you said. Thanks, I've followed that way all my life. I was raised on more traditional values and have stayed true to those values. I hope to find a woman whose more devoted to traditional values as well.

Triglav
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Ohhhhhhh......sorry I misinterpreted what you said. Thanks, I've followed that way all my life. I was raised on more traditional values and have stayed true to those values. I hope to find a woman whose more devoted to traditional values as well.

Yes, that's the way to go, buddy (imho ; ) ).

Nordhammer
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 10:00 AM
If there's one constant, it's women will always complain about men. :)

Nordhammer
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 10:06 AM
It reminds me of this short story I am planning on writing, that is going to be like a "rewrite" of the story of the Garden of Eden, from Eve's point of view (kinda). But in this version the devil doesn't tempt Eve, she is in league with him. She wants to destroy Adam's paradise and make her own (like how Lucifer left heaven) -I guess kind of like another Lilith, just with more evil intentions ;-) Then after that, I don't know where the story is going to go yet. I hope to publish it and piss off feminists and other collectives of people if possible :-D Dont be afraid to tell me it sounds stupid lol

Feminists claim that God created Lilith first, and she had free will just like Adam. She refused to submit to Adam and God was displeased. So Lilith was cast out and then God made Eve from Adam's rib so that she would be connected and submissive to him.

Would you fellows rather have a Lilith or an Eve? : )

Phlegethon
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 12:33 PM
I'd rather have a cool beer.

Taras Bulba
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 06:30 PM

I think we all know the answer to that question! ;-)

Besides our society today is pratically one of Liliths, and like Lilith they're blood-thirsty vampires.

cosmocreator
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM
My tattoos never got me any biker chicks. In fact, they got me good girls who were looking for a bad boy.

And did they get bored with you when they found out you were a nice guy?

cosmocreator
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 07:40 PM
update

Gladstone
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 07:44 PM
The difference is that the women who actually go for jerks aren't of much worth themselves.
Right

Yup

You can always act as a jerk in order to get sex, or relationships with no future.
Exactly!

Gladstone
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 07:57 PM

LOL! Not a good sign indeed. She wants your house, car, money, probably even your very soul! Run for the hills!!;-)

Gladstone
Friday, December 12th, 2003, 09:10 PM
But I don't understand these women who literally go fo guys who intendly treat them like shit!

On the face of it it does seem illogical, and it is ultimately. But there is a logic to how those women that are that way became as they are. If you have a chance check out these womens' interactions with their families, particularly as to the parents (specifically with the woman's father as he is the first meaningful relationship she had with a male, and one critical to who she will become). Observe those interactions over a period of a few weeks or months. What you'll almost assuredly see is cutting, put down, abusive remarks, directed at her, sometimes even violence; the same will probably be aimed at the mother. A certain amount of that may be camaflouged (as in between the lines) by the ones being abusive as you are there and are something of an unknown quantity to them, but in time it shines through. Provided you hang around long enough and they become familiar with you, that abuse would eventually be turned on you (hint: for sure don't tolerate it and don't hang around, beneath the bluster, abusive types are very weak but can be dangerous under the right conditions). It can't be hid indefinately as that's part of the abusive types' identity and that's how they were raised themselves; at the same time they hazily sense that what they are doing is not quite normal and thus the attempts to hide it. They often don't consciously quite realize they are being abusive, needless to say that does not excuse it in any way.

So in other words "these women who literally go for guys who intendly treat them like shit" are simply doing what they know (from their families) If they were from a home that did not tolerate that "shit", they would not either. To be sure, there are women from perfectly fine homes that are this way, ie the bad seed or a single traumatic experience having done that to them, and even cases where it was more a situation of neglect (still not excuseable) and less abuse; however,that is the rare exception.

There are plenty of women out there who are healthy and do not tolerate jerks. I've met and known them. All any of us males that want those fine women can do is first be sure we are as healthy (healthy, as in every way) as we can be ourselves, then put ourselves in places likely to meet the same type in the opposite sex.

Like attracts like! :-)

That's all for Basic Psychology 101 today. Class dismissed!;-)

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 03:27 AM

Besides our society today is pratically one of Liliths, and like Lilith they're blood-thirsty vampires.

Can you really blame this Lilith though? Maybe Adam was a real loser hahaha Lilith or Eve you say? It depends on the Adam! hehehehee Some guys women just don't want to "submit" to.

Maybe you guys just think the way you do because you fall into that category :-P

I'd rather have a cool beer.

LOL! I think I'm with you on that.

Hellenic Eagle
Saturday, December 13th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Real men are seen where real women exist.

But if women get more masculine, the real men fly away..