PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Beauties

Allenson
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 09:47 PM
For your viewing pleasure. ;-) I posted these lovely lasses in the classification forum as well: http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=6480

However, I feel that they need to be shown here also.

Loki
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Definitely of a lesser purity than is to be found in Sweden & Norway.

- Loki

Allenson
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 10:17 PM

- Loki

By 'lesser purity' do you mean that they are not Osterdal/Hallstatt Nordics? I agree that they are not this type but I'm not sure that makes them any less 'pure'. I would classify the woman on the left as a less gracialized Nordic which roughly translates to a Brunn strain. The woman on the right is largely Falid with perhaps some Borreby showing itself in the lower bridged and shorter nose.

Allenson
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 10:27 PM
It's strange, I replied as can be seen. However, my post doesn't show up as the latest one...

Bump?

Ewergrin
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 11:39 PM
They are both very beautiful, regardless of purity in regards to those found in Sweden and Norway.

Loki
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 12:05 AM
By 'lesser purity' do you mean that they are not Osterdal/Hallstatt Nordics? I agree that they are not this type but I'm not sure that makes them any less 'pure'. I would classify the woman on the left as a less gracialized Nordic which roughly translates to a Brunn strain. The woman on the right is largely Falid with perhaps some Borreby showing itself in the lower bridged and shorter nose.

They're not pure Hallstatt Nordics, as can be found in Sweden and Norway. I did not imply that they were "impure" in a racial sense, but rather subracial and perhaps only phenotypically.

Loki
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 12:09 AM
They are both very beautiful, regardless of purity in regards to those found in Sweden and Norway.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Ewergrin
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Are you saying that you find these women to be unattractive?

Allenson
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Well, I never said that they're Hallstatts but there is more than one strain of Nordic...

I think that the lovely folk-dresses that they are adorned in amplifies the beauty of the scene. It's a lovely picture of the Folkishness that I aspire to.

Oh genetic memory...take me back to the days of yore! :-)

Loki
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Are you saying that you find these women to be unattractive?

They are not unattractive, but rather average to my eyes. And that is my very honest opinion...

Loki
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Well, I never said that they're Hallstatts but there is more than one strain of Nordic...

I think that the lovely folk-dresses that they are adorned in applifies the beauty of the scene. It's a lovely picture of the Folkishness that I aspire to.

Oh genetic memory...take me back to the days of yore! :-)

Yes that is a nice picture dalonord. : )

I would broadly classify them as Nordish, rather than Nordic.

Allenson
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 07:55 PM
They are not unattractive, but rather average to my eyes. And that is my very honest opinion...

Man! You must date some real fine ladies if these are average. ;-)

What's your secret? LOL.

Loki
Tuesday, December 9th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Man! You must date some real fine ladies if these are average. ;-)

What's your secret? LOL.

I am not dating them, but see them every day here in London - heaps of them! English women are so beautiful! :-D

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 04:41 AM
I think they are beautiful women and I also love those folk dresses. I wish I could get my hands on the patterns for those traditional dresses and more. Get them for me and I'll sew everyone their own. ;-)

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 04:42 AM
English women are so beautiful! :-D
I can honestly say that you are first person I've seen "say" that. LOL

Loki
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 07:49 AM

Jealousy can be a nasty thing. : ) I have heard women from other parts of the world, notably Eastern Europe, come to London and gasp in jealousy (and admiration) at the long-legged, soft-blond haired and aristocratic-looking English women of Fulham :-D

Mistress Klaus
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 11:13 AM

Yeah I would have to agree with LOKI...They look ok, pretty enough I guess...I suppose the lure that they are 'Nordic' overides the eyesite...he he he...

Hey guys I am not being bitchy...(I know I will be typecast this because I am a female....being a bitch about other women)...he he he....ah...give me a poster of a Waffen soldaten anytime!

Sigrun Christianson
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Man! You must date some real fine ladies if these are average.Don't listen to them, dalonord, those ladies are very beautiful. It's a shame we don't have more women that look like that and are proud of their roots. I think Loki & the others are missing the bigger picture. Part of their beauty comes from the looks on their faces.

Folkish women rule. :)

friedrich braun
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 05:00 PM
The picture doesn't do them justice, imo, the lighting is too dark, for example.

They're both nice, but the one on the right is beautiful.

And yes, the folkish, clean, conservative dresses are very attractive.

Allenson
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Don't listen to them, dalonord, those ladies are very beautiful. It's a shame we don't have more women that look like that and are proud of their roots. I think Loki & the others are missing the bigger picture. Part of their beauty comes from the looks on their faces.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was aiming for....just the overall sense of heritage, beauty, consciousness of roots and well, a little purity for good measure. ;-) Thanks Sig... :-)

Allenson
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 05:21 PM
The picture doesn't do them justice, imo, the lighting is too dark, for example.

They're both nice, but the one on the right is beatiful.

And yes, the folkish, clean, conservative dresses are very attractive.

You're right Friedrich, the image is a little dark. The original is quite striking. I lightened it some with Photoshop but perhaps not enough....

If anyone ever comes across this publication...that being the 'Iceland Review', I highly recommend thumbing through it. The scenery pictures are spectacular and the images of the Icelandic natives are excellent as well. The contributions of their Norwegian roots are quite evident and to a lesser extent, the Irish.

Loki
Wednesday, December 10th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Don't listen to them, dalonord, those ladies are very beautiful. It's a shame we don't have more women that look like that and are proud of their roots. I think Loki & the others are missing the bigger picture. Part of their beauty comes from the looks on their faces.

Regarding the "bigger picture", I agree with you absolutely. It is nice to the eyes :-)

Nordhammer
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 11:03 AM
(I know I will be typecast this because I am a female....being a bitch)

Don't worry... you'll fit in just find around here. LOL JK

Nordhammer
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Jealousy can be a nasty thing. : ) I have heard women from other parts of the world, notably Eastern Europe, come to London and gasp in jealousy (and admiration) at the long-legged, soft-blond haired and aristocratic-looking English women of Fulham :-D

English women are very beautiful! And the accent! Wonderful. : )

Allenson
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM
To whomever:

Thanks for the thread title typo change. I saw it yesterday, tried to fix it but the time limit had expired and was feeling pretty silly.

I'm definitely not the best typist ever to be found. ;-)

Allenson
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Again I posted but it doesn't show up as the latest one. So, here we go...

I think I typed okay this time. ;-)

Louky
Thursday, February 5th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I think they are beautiful women and I also love those folk dresses. I wish I could get my hands on the patterns for those traditional dresses and more. Get them for me and I'll sew everyone their own. ;-)

Maybe you could try Earth Guild:

http://www.earthguild.com/products/folkwear/folkwear.htm

It's multiculti, but there's a few European folk patterns like Austrian Dirndl, Russian Settler's Dress, etc. you might be able to use as a start.

My mother-in-law is making me a kilt for our Scottish Country Dance Society's next Harvest Ball. Imagine an ornately panelled ballroom lighted by three five-foot-diameter crystal chandeliers reflecting in many bevelled mirrors. A hundred men and women formally dressed, the men in tuxes or kilts, the women attired in evening gowns of velvet and satin- and each woman carries the most beautiful fan she has been able to find over the past year. A fine band plays an air while the couples form groups of dancers to execute the intricate steps of a strathspey, jig, or reel, and you have a bit of heaven that, unfortunately, only happens once a year.

Tryggvi
Thursday, February 5th, 2004, 07:21 PM

They're not pure Hallstatt Nordics, as can be found in Sweden and Norway. I did not imply that they were "impure" in a racial sense, but rather subracial and perhaps only phenotypically.There are no pure races or sub-races, no pure Hallstatt Nordics included.

Tryggvi
Thursday, February 5th, 2004, 07:36 PM
However, I feel that they need to be shown here also.They are very pretty, thanks for sharing them. With the right hairstyle, makeup and fashion they would look absolutely breath-taking. ;)

I have a couple of other women from Iceland in my archive. I used them for my 1999 website on atheism. :)

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Perhaps beautiful, but not so Nordid. Not so impressive.

I have a couple of other women from Iceland in my archive. I used them for my 1999 website on atheism. :)

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I can definitely see what you mean. The word purity is misleading. They are not as close to the ideal of what is commonly described as Nordid.

- Loki

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:32 AM
They look more or less like West Norwegian Strandids (pseudo-Alpinids or simply a form of Alpinid that came to Norway through the North Sea when it was still a dry land). They are not that Nordid, just blond.

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Yes, there are many more beautiful women in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Iceland has a minority of black-haired individuals and some whom look suspiciously semi-Mongoloid (or Lapp). Even the Swedish ethnologist Nordenstreng mentioned that.

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Irish women are also often cute, with their pale complexion that got a rosy undertone, neotenic face, voluptuous body and chestnut or reddish brown hair, dark blue or green/hazel eyes. However, nothing beats a fine-featured Nordid Englishwoman.

Glenlivet
Friday, February 6th, 2004, 02:46 AM
There are better Nordids in USA. Just look at their very concave, almost snubbed noses.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was aiming for....just the overall sense of heritage, beauty, consciousness of roots and well, a little purity for good measure. ;-) Thanks Sig... :-)