PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Most Dangerous US Cities 2003

Evolved
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Top 25 Most Dangerous Cities 2003
Can you go to sleep with the front door unlocked? Better check this chart first.

How the Rankings Were Determined (http://www.morganquitno.com/safecity.htm)

1 Detroit, MI
2 St. Louis, MO
3 Atlanta, GA
4 Camden, NJ
5 Washington, DC
6 Compton, CA
7 Dayton, OH
8 Baltimore, MD
9 Tampa, FL
10 Gary, IN
11 Memphis, TN
12 North Charleston, SC
13 New Orleans, LA
14 Richmond, VA
15 Trenton, NJ
16 Jackson, MS
17 Cincinnati, OH
18 Youngstown, OH
19 Cleveland, OH
20 Springfield, MA
21 Oakland, CA
22 Birmingham, AL
23 Miami, FL
24 Richmond, CA
25 Reading, PA

Amazingly, this can also double as a list of the 'Top 25 Blackest US Cities', but I suppose it is all a coincidence.. http://www.forums.skadi.net/images/icons/icon12.gif

Loki
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Amazingly, this can also double as a list of the 'Top 25 Blackest US Cities', but I suppose it is all a coincidence..

How dare you suggest such a thing? There is no evidence whatsoever that there is a link between blackness and crime - only in the warped minds of evil racists!

;-)

Vladek
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM
St. Louis #2 in the list? Can't believe that! I used to live there for couple of months - really nice place!

Ahura Mazda
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 09:51 PM
I can proudly say that I don't live in any of those cities. I have been to several of them, though.

I always found environment to be the true cause for such things, though, but that is just me here.

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 10:52 PM
I agree that DC and New Orleans are bad areas because they are full of uneducated blacks. Those are two cities that have no European-Americans really.

Mandible
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 11:09 PM
"I always found environment to be the true cause..."

Something tells me if you replaced the population of Haiti with Europeans, it would not remain the toilet it is.

Ahura Mazda
Sunday, December 7th, 2003, 11:14 PM
"I always found environment to be the true cause..."

Something tells me if you replaced the population of Haiti with Europeans, it would not remain the toilet it is.
Were the Europeans transferred directly from Europe to Haiti, or do you mean if all haitians were spontaneously became of european descent?

(ignore the fact that this is impossible to accomplish without some serious temporal repercussions, such as living in one more of an infinite number of alternate universes)

sud
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 12:09 AM
I heard that 95% of crimes in the US are committed by Blacks. But I cannot support it by any quote. It is just what I heard, when I was visiting.

Evolved
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 01:43 AM
I always found environment to be the true cause for such things, though, but that is just me here.

Explain then how did Detroit become dilapidated? It had absolutely nothing to do with the change in racial demographics, right. The buildings fell apart on their own and it's something in the air that changes people to criminals. Most of the people shot on a daily basis simply fell onto the bullets..

Detroit is today 85-90% black. 80 years ago it was 95% white. Blacks then lived on one block which had a fence around it. See the ruins of Detroit (http://www.white-history.com/hwrdet.htm). It is hard for people to realize looking around today that Detroit was once a great place to live. Do the math (http://www.white-history.com/hwrdet4a.htm) to figure out why this is not so today.

I also recommend taking a look at the book Detroit Then & Now by Cheri Y. Gay (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1571456899/qid=1070845928/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-2212814-4783134?v=glance&s=books).

Many people do not realize that Detroit was once a vibrant, alive city from the later part of the 19th century through the mid-1950's. A city where people chose to live, not move from. This beautiful book will show in pictures why Detroit was the place to be. Unfortunately, it also shows why it's not the place to be anymore. What the photographers have successfully done was to print original photographs of many different parts of Detroit from around the 1880's through the 1950's, and then print how the exact spot looks today. The results are startling. To see what once was to what is, is very sad.

Krampus
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 02:20 AM
I was surprised Chicago or a few of it's smaller surrounding cities weren't on the list. Aurora, IL should for sure be on the list, it has a small population of 99,000 and someone gets shot there like clockwork everyday, not just gangmembers either. I remember people bragging about how safe the Chicago area was a few years back as it wasn't on the "most dangerous city list". I was puzzled where they were getting this information from, as you can read from the local papers about gangbangers shooting each other up on a daily basis. After looking at this site I see why.

http://www.morganquitno.com/methodology01.htm

This year, several cities of 75,000+ population did not report complete crime information and thus were not included in the Safest Cities rankings. Chicago, IL and Baltimore, MD were the largest and most significant cities for which data were not available. The other cities are: Aurora, IL; Naperville, IL; Peoria, IL; Rockford, IL; Springfield, IL and Wichita Falls, TX. Specific reasons for these cities' data problems are as follows:

Chicago and Other Illinois Cities: For several years, rape numbers submitted by cities in the state of Illinois have not met the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) guidelines. This remains the case with 1999 crime data. According to state statisticians, the state of Illinois tracks "sexual assault," which includes not only female rapes, but also offenses such as male rape, sodomy, etc. For these reasons, Chicago, Aurora, Naperville, Peoria, Rockford and Springfield once again are not found in this year's Safest Cities rankings.

Ahura Mazda
Monday, December 8th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Explain then how did Detroit become dilapidated? It had absolutely nothing to do with the change in racial demographics, right. The buildings fell apart on their own and it's something in the air that changes people to criminals. Most of the people shot on a daily basis simply fell onto the bullets..

Where did they move there from? I never thought I would be using the environment argument, but if they came from other high-crime cities, there is that high probability that they were just continuing what was being done before.

Nordhammer
Thursday, December 11th, 2003, 08:39 AM
I heard that 95% of crimes in the US are committed by Blacks. But I cannot support it by any quote. It is just what I heard, when I was visiting.

For violent crimes it's about 50%, but consider they only make up about 12% of the population. With interracial rapes, they commit about 99% of them (white female victims).