PDA

View Full Version : Keltic Nordid - Germanic?

Ragnar Thorsson
Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, 06:53 AM
The Netherlands = 50% Keltic Nordic (of Franks), 20% Borreby, 10% Anglo-Saxon (most common in Frisia), 10% Falish, 10% Hallstatt Nordic = 70% UP+N / 20% UP / 10% Nord.

As you can see 50% is Keltic Nordic in the Netherlands. But since Holland is a Germanic country, how about the Dutch people then. Are Keltic-Nordids Germanic too then?

Theudiskaz
Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, 07:06 AM
The Franks, the most numerous of the Germanic tribes to settle in the Netherlands, are said to have been characterised by an essentially Keltic Nordid racial type. This is not due to extra-Germanic influence (at least within recorded history), so the Franks have always looked that way. Therefore, the Dutch Keltic Nordids are just as Germanic as the Dutch Hallstatt Nordids, Anglo-Saxons, Faelids, and Troenders. (These subraces are more typical of the Germanic peoples).

Pro-Alpine
Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, 09:07 PM
the name "Keltic-Nordid" has nothing to do with the Celtic tribes.

Ragnar Thorsson
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 10:00 AM
the name "Keltic-Nordid" has nothing to do with the Celtic tribes.

But Keltic-Nordids are Franks 50% Keltic Nordic (of Franks), and Franks weren't Germanic.

Jorich
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 10:41 AM
But Keltic-Nordids are Franks 50% Keltic Nordic (of Franks), and Franks weren't Germanic.
Of course Franks were Germanic .Where did u hear that they aren't?

Ragnar Thorsson
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Of course Franks were Germanic .Where did u hear that they aren't?

That's what came up in my mind.

---------

Aah, I started reading about it ''the Franks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franks), Germanic tribes who entered the Roman Empire from Frisia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisia) in the first five centuries AD ''

Ok nevermind, I know it now!:D

Horagalles
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM
The Franks, the most numerous of the Germanic tribes to settle in the Netherlands, are said to have been characterised by an essentially Keltic Nordid racial type. This is not due to extra-Germanic influence (at least within recorded history), so the Franks have always looked that way. Therefore, the Dutch Keltic Nordids are just as Germanic as the Dutch Hallstatt Nordids, Anglo-Saxons, Faelids, and Troenders. (These subraces are more typical of the Germanic peoples).Pretty much of my ancestry originates from the Netherlands. Especially through my mothers side. While the nordid is visibly present in her family - Everyone from her lineage has blue eyes - there are dinarid, alpine and cromagnid features are present as well in here family. Rufosity is also common in her family, since 25% of its members have red hair. Whether this came to the Netherlands with the Franks or originates from the pre-Frankish inhabitants of the Netherlands is of course another question. I think the celts were definitly present in the Netherlands before the Franks "Belgae", Geldern and other place names indicate this.

To my knowledge the Netherlands were inhabited by Franks, Frisians and Saxons - other names appear sometimes as well, but they may have been subdivisions of those people mentioned. I'm not sure whether the Franks really had the largest numbers. Frisian is a bit distinct from the common Dutch, and there are many regional dialects as well, containing germanic words that are not necessary standard dutch.

Ragnar Thorsson
Wednesday, August 9th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I think the celts were definitly present in the Netherlands before the Franks "Belgae", Geldern and other place names indicate this.

The celts just came to the southern part of Holland. I think they never came further then 'Limburg'.

BE_Baron
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Could someone Please Tell me where the Keltic Nordic types found in Britain are from ? and how they got here ?

I Myself have been classified using my friends account as Keltic Nordic with other admixture....so the Question is is my Keltic Nordic From the celts that occupied britain before the romans? or perhaps other germanic raids

Many thanks

Pro-Alpine
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Landsturm's noob days :P

Sigurd
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
The Franks, the most numerous of the Germanic tribes to settle in the Netherlands, are said to have been characterised by an essentially Keltic Nordid racial type. This is not due to extra-Germanic influence (at least within recorded history), so the Franks have always looked that way. Therefore, the Dutch Keltic Nordids are just as Germanic as the Dutch Hallstatt Nordids, Anglo-Saxons, Faelids, and Troenders. (These subraces are more typical of the Germanic peoples).

That is indeed right, and it carries on towards this day and age. If you look at the area in northern Bavaria called Franconia you find an increasing number of special Keltic-Nordid types. ;)

Fionn
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Could someone Please Tell me where the Keltic Nordic types found in Britain are from ? and how they got here ?

I Myself have been classified using my friends account as Keltic Nordic with other admixture....so the Question is is my Keltic Nordic From the celts that occupied britain before the romans? or perhaps other germanic raids

Many thanks

It is of my opinion that the Celts carried this racial type with them when they settled in the British Isles. This type's presence in Britain and Ireland cannot be a result of Germanic invasions. If it was then why does it occur frequently in Ireland (which was no where near as heavily affected as Britain by Germanic invasions)?

BE_Baron
Thursday, March 22nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
A Valid Point. However it doesnt mean that it was exclusively brought to england by the celts does it ? ok so ireland suffered less from germanic raids ,however i dont see how this means that all keltic Nordics in england are decended from kelts

Sigurd
Friday, March 23rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
It is of my opinion that the Celts carried this racial type with them when they settled in the British Isles. This type's presence in Britain and Ireland cannot be a result of Germanic invasions. If it was then why does it occur frequently in Ireland (which was no where near as heavily affected as Britain by Germanic invasions)?

A good point indeed. I would blame it on some mixture between different types of pure Nordid individuals with Dinarid individuals pretty early on. Most of the areas where the type is indigenously found have both a typically Nordoid and a typically Dinarid area adjacent: Franconia - Bavaria (D)vs. Thuringia (N), Belgium - Netherlands (N) vs. France (D) , Salzburg - Tyrol (D) vs. Salzkammergut (N) ... as regards the English or the Irish - no idea, but maybe one could blame a newer Celtic type being somewhat Nordicized, or a depigmented Atlantoid type mixed with an older Celtic or Megalithic type, which may have been Dinarid.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 06:29 AM
We had an exchange student from Germany in my high school who looked very Keltic Nordic. The Hallstatt Nordics came down from Sweden and swamped to some degree the existing population of Germany. Some of these areas were already Keltic Nordic and had a Celtic or Celtic-like culture.

I hate to tell this to Celts but I think the big difference between Celtic culture and Germanic culture is time. I think they are becoming Germanics whether they know it or like it or not.

SecondRow
Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 06:41 AM
A Valid Point. However it doesnt mean that it was exclusively brought to england by the celts does it ? ok so ireland suffered less from germanic raids ,however i dont see how this means that all keltic Nordics in england are decended from kelts

I think it is likely that keltic-nordic physical types existed among the Beaker peoples and later proto-celtic cultures. The iron age migration of celts to the Isles may not have been as extensive as previously believed. Of course pressures from Rome and Germans from the east probably caused many to move to southern Britain at times. The German tribes (later Anglo-Saxons) more than likely had some keltic-nordic types as well and possibly Romans to a lesser extent. Just my theory, but they do seem to be found along the Rhine, the Alps, and in the low countries on the continent.

hodekin
Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I hate to tell this to Celts but I think the big difference between Celtic culture and Germanic culture is time. I think they are becoming Germanics whether they know it or like it or not.

I tend to agree! Also, just how much difference was there between the Celts and the Germanic tribes anyway?

It has been argued that the Belgae who late on in the Celtic period invaded and settled South Eastern Britain prior to the Roman invasion were in actual fact ‘Germanic’!

This paradox can perhaps be explained by Caesar himself. The early Roman writers (including Caesar) glibly inform us who are Germans and who are Celts depending on which side of the river Rhine they lived. Yet we know that some German tribes crossed the Rhine and lived in Celtic areas, even adopting Celtic ways and culture. The Belgae are supposedly of this ilk!

If this is the case, then perhaps the only real difference between Celts and Germans is a cultural/linguistic one with racial differences just being sub divisions within the same strain!

What do people here think?

Theudiskaz
Saturday, March 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
If this is the case, then perhaps the only real difference between Celts and Germans is a cultural/linguistic one with racial differences just being sub divisions within the same strain!

That is what we have always known.

Both Indo-Europeans with a Nordic racial base, speaking increasingly divergent dialects of the same Proto-Indo-European speech, sharing a Hallstatt cultural heritage, yet clearly becoming more and more different (until the migration era when the Germanics entered Keltic zones in central Europe and Britain. Of course the process of recombination is being sped up once again in the post-industrial age.)

But the differences between the Celtic and Germanic peoples can hardly be considered insignificant. The most pronounced differences between them are in spirit and temperment.

fareast
Sunday, March 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM
i think that kelt-nodidic type can come into being as long as iron age nordics are mixed with dinarids and meds,therefore,not all ,even not most of this type people come from celt tribes.

Germaniathane
Thursday, March 9th, 2017, 09:55 PM
The Netherlands = 50% Keltic Nordic (of Franks), 20% Borreby, 10% Anglo-Saxon (most common in Frisia), 10% Falish, 10% Hallstatt Nordic = 70% UP+N / 20% UP / 10% Nord.

As you can see 50% is Keltic Nordic in the Netherlands. But since Holland is a Germanic country, how about the Dutch people then. Are Keltic-Nordids Germanic too then?

Do not be confused like that, it's quite simple!
Germanics are not a racial group, rather a linguistical group. Now the Keltic Nordid is a subracial Nordid phenotype chiefly found in the northwestern part of Europe specifically the British Isles and Low Countries. Both Keltic speakers and some Germanic-speakers (Franks, Batavians, Alemannis,etc...) are of this Nordid variety. This is why it is common amongst Germanic speakers.
Belgium = 60% Keltic Nordid (especially Flanders)
Netherlands = 50% Keltic Nordid
Switzerland = 40% Keltic Nordid
Germany = 6% Keltic Nordid

Catterick
Thursday, March 9th, 2017, 10:39 PM
The Keltic or Iron Age Nordic is so called because of the Gauls who spoke Celtic. However the race is native to Germanic speaking regions.

Belgic language was NW Indo-European but not Germanic.