PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lenses

Istigkeit
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the care/use/handling of contact lenses. Help from actual users would be really useful for me.

Thanks.

Aurelius
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Sry for my Engish its not the best :)
At first i had the lenses you can only use for one day. The are the most confortable to use, but the most expensive.
I know use the lenses you can use for 30 day's. They cost ca. 150 Euro for half a year, but this depends how bad your eyes are :)
I think the ones for 30 days are the best, when you are going to use them frequently, if you use them only for sports the day-lenses will do.
The first two weeks will be hard to force the lenses into your eyes :) its not so easy for newbies, but after some time you'll find the trick.
I hope this helps you a bit.

∆meric
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Make sure you keep them clean. Make sure you do'nt mix up the left from the right. A few years ago my eyes became very irritated & it turned out I had the wrong lenses in each eye. I would advise having at least two pairs in case you lose a lense & do'nt wear the same pair everyday because the soaking solution will eventually evaporate & you could find your spare pair dried out & worthless. Avoid putting them on or removing them near a sink.
Occasionally they will pop out. When they do try not to move your feet. Many times you will find them on your cheek or your clothing. A bright light will make it easier to find a lense that has popped out. I've been wearing lenses for 27 years & I've only lost 3 lenses over that time.

musikfroind
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 06:43 PM
in my opinion the lenses for 1 month are the best solution.
they are cheaper than the daily's and if you lose them it's not as bad as if you lose 1 year lenses...
if you don't have to take toric lenses you might get these "one month" lenses in a pack for a half year inclusive the clearing mixture for about 100 euros

Aeternitas
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I agree that disposables are the most comfy ones to use. Some people use daily disposables, and they don't have to worry about cleaning them.

I've read that the more often one changes the contact lenses, the less problems one has. Also, as far as cleaning is concerned, that rinsing them under tap water is not a good idea.

I wear contact lenses occasionally - they are better to wear at parties, reunions, when playing sports etc. I was recommended not to use them while swimming though. However I'm not really a big fan of them, as they feel sort of weird at first, and I have the constant feeling I'd lose them, so I prefer the good old fashioned glasses.

Aurelius
Sunday, August 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
However I'm not really a big fan of them, as they feel sort of weird at first, and I have the constant feeling I'd lose them, so I prefer the good old fashioned glasses.

Thats a problem, a friend of mine was not able to use them because he had always the feeling of sand in the eyes during he uses them. But most people haven no problems i guess.

Istigkeit
Monday, August 7th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Thank you all with your help. I really appreciate it.

nštdeutsch
Monday, August 7th, 2006, 04:08 AM
stagger the time you wear them. for the first month or so, dont wear them more than you can stand. wear them for 3 hours then 4 hours then 5 and so on, make sure you know when you need to take them out, and give them a rest once a week....maybe on weekends.